PDA

View Full Version : My blonde/darkblonde hair is full of individual, coarse black/darkred hairs..

Lova
July 26th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Awhile ago I noticed that ocasionally a single dakr hair woul come from ym head, which wasn't very worrying. But I was bored one days and was looking for more and in some parts of ym hair (on a ceertain place on my scalp) there's just.. atleast 10 or more of them in a bunch of say 200 hairs (or even less)

Is this normal? And is tehre a name/explaination for this?
Thanks in advance!~

Periwinkle
July 26th, 2008, 09:23 AM
You might just have a random streak. I have a friend with very, very, very dark brown hair (almost black), and just over one ear she has a small bit that's almost blonde. It's not dyed; it just grows that way.

spidermom
July 26th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I've found just about every color and texture of hair growing on my head.

Isilya
July 26th, 2008, 10:22 AM
My hair is blonde and occasionally I'll find a jet-black hair, very coarse. I've also discovered brown and red ones (coarse as well). I think it's pretty normal :)

Euphony
July 26th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I'd say it's normal...but I also thought everyone had double vision until I was 22 and the doctor told me that most people don't do that :grin:

My natural color grows out of my head a chocolate brown color, but within 2 inches shows the bleaching the sun causes, for some reason my hair is very susceptable to sun bleaching. So my hair turns gold, which is a pretty color on someone that doesn't have darker than white people skin, dark dark brown eyes and eyebrows that are nearly black. My coloring along with my build tells me someone was having a rolling on the floor laugh when they were putting me together!

Soooooo I have some super coarse jet black hairs in my hair that I can even find now with the henna.

sedonia
July 26th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I started a thread about this last week or so. I also have exactly what you describe. But probably not at a frequency of 5%

Blueglass
July 26th, 2008, 12:46 PM
hormones, age, genetics.

blondecat
July 27th, 2008, 11:05 AM
quite common actualy.

My hair is a combo of light blonde/dark blonde/light brown/ light red/ dark red/ and pitch black hair all mixed up.

completely natural.

Click on the link, and you'll see it looks blonde, in person it looks blonde too.

DarkChocolate
July 28th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I have chocolate brown hair and I have a few blonde hairs too. Then again blonde hair runs on my family too with the Swedish ancestry.

bex487
July 28th, 2008, 08:44 AM
It's very natural! My boyfriend half Korean, and he has that really thick, straight black hair. However, once in awhile I'll find a light blonde strand. It's weird, but true!

Tristessa
July 28th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Totally normal! =) I have very dark brown hair but all my life have had a group of strands that are golden blond. Hair is cool.

Islandgrrl
July 28th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Totally normal. There is wide color variance in the hairs upon my head. I have everything from strawberry blonde to black and of course now those few that are completely colorless (we don't speak of them, however....we encourage them to hide in shame!). I have a light streak around the nape of my neck.

burns_erin
July 28th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Yeppers, very normal. That is the really fun thing sbout genetics. Almost nothing is expressed by only one gene. I do not know how many genes are involved with hair, but I am thinking it is quite a few.

granitbaby
July 28th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I'm dark blond too and also have dark hairs showing up, as well as I have corkscrew curly ones in my otherwise pretty straight hair.:confused:

When I grew up my best friend had striped hair, every shade from light blond to medium brown and a little red in between.:D

LeMimi13
January 23rd, 2015, 04:08 PM
Mine's crazy too, it has ashy brown, ashy blonde, golden blonde, red and a few back ones. The majority is blonde though