PDA

View Full Version : Stupid newbie question

Kwantslonghair
April 18th, 2012, 02:30 PM
What is MSM that some of you use? I have looked but can't find the answer.

Hyacinth
April 18th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Def NOT a stupid question...I'd like to know too :)

PolarCathy
April 18th, 2012, 03:27 PM
What is MSM that some of you use? I have looked but can't find the answer.

It is Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane sulfur, a water-soluble form of sulfur

Kwantslonghair
April 18th, 2012, 03:40 PM

Lalital
April 18th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Where do you get MSM from? I live in Australia so don't know if the product is around here.:eek:

XcaliburGirl
April 19th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I think you can get MSM anywhere you get vitamins.

IanB
April 19th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Yes MSM is available from most health food shops, on line etc

oddelabop
April 19th, 2012, 08:45 AM
MSM is a sulphur compound that you can take either in powder form or tablets -Powder is better because it absorbs easier :)

It basically gives your body a good detox because of its purifying properties. Its good for hair and nails because its one of the key ingredients used in the production of keratin that is in hair and nails. I take it every day - People claim it makes hair grow faster but the only thing i have noticed different since i started taking it in January, is the quality of my hair has improved and I definitely get less shedding!

Hope this helps!

rock007junkie
April 19th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Like it was said before it's a form of water-soluble sulfur. It is believed that it not only plays a role in hair growth but helps retain hair (as in not shedding as much as usual). From what I read this happens because MSM lengthens the resting period of hair so you don't shed it as often.

Vallena
April 19th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I'm glad you asked, I didn't realize it was a type of sulfer. I always see it in a context meaning "mainstream media."

Kwantslonghair
April 19th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Thank you that was quite helpful

In2wishin
April 19th, 2012, 10:08 AM
If your store organizes supplements by health concern you will be most likely to find MSM with the other joint supplements. It frequently is combined with Glucosamine and chondroitin but you should be able to find it separately also.

ETA: Since the OP is in the us, I get mine online from Swanson Vitamins.