PDA

View Full Version : My hair can't make up it's mind.

GlassEyes
March 15th, 2008, 04:54 PM
About a month or two ago,i went cone free and my hair basically got down on it's non-existent knees and praised my god judgement. Basically, my hair was the softest it's ever been, before or after my tri-bleaching fiasco.

However, recently I'd run out of conditioner, and i couldn't get more for a week or so. so I decided to try to not wash my hair for a week and see how it went. it went fine, but eventually I got so frustrated with it's oiliness (since I was oiling it as well and putting it up in a ponytail) that I ended up using my mom's Suave BioBasics shampoo and conditioner. Both have dimethicone.

And my hair feels even better than it did after I made the switch to no cones. It's so odd. Before my hair felt like goose down, soft to the touch, but now it's like...I'm having trouble coming up with a similie. It's sort of like having a cloud on my head. xD

And the other strange part is that, even though I've been using it for a few days, my hair is absorbing oil now BETTER than when it was cone-free. I thought my hair hated coconut oil but now it drinks the stuff like a man who just got water after being stranded at sea for days. It's freaky.

I just got some new V05 today, but I have no idea if I'm going back to it or not yet. D: Since my hair likes it both ways (apparently my hair is a slut xD) I'm at a loss. I think it might be the lack of protien in the new condish that makes it so soft...

Any input as to what I should do?

Kirin
March 15th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I was going to say, it might not be that your hair dislikes cones, it might dislike protein. As long as i stay away from that, my hair is UBER happy :)

Neon Gloss
March 15th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I suppose that cones might be good every once in a while, but try the cone-free one again and see what happens. Hair loves variety in products, don't forget.

Since my hair likes it both ways (apparently my hair is a slut xD)
I love you.

Shanarana
March 15th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I find the same thing with my hair. On different occasions it responds well to cones, no cones, oil, CO, ACV rinses, I do it all to my hair. VO5 is a great product line that has always given me good results. Just go with what your hair seems to like. It may change time to time, but as long as you get the results you want that's what counts. :)

GlassEyes
March 15th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I was going to say, it might not be that your hair dislikes cones, it might dislike protein. As long as i stay away from that, my hair is UBER happy :)

Yeah. I was thinking I may have to go to CVS and see about Giovanni, but I hear it's expensive... plus, I'd have three bottles of condish that'd be in my closet going to waste...and even if they are cheap that seems wrong. xD

It'd also explain why SMT doesn't work as well for me as it once did.

I suppose that cones might be good every once in a while, but try the cone-free one again and see what happens. Hair loves variety in products, don't forget.

I love you.

XD Glad I can amuse.

I guess I'll try getting on and off the cone bandwagon for a while.

I find the same thing with my hair. On different occasions it responds well to cones, no cones, oil, CO, ACV rinses, I do it all to my hair. VO5 is a great product line that has always given me good results. Just go with what your hair seems to like. It may change time to time, but as long as you get the results you want that's what counts. :)

Yep. As long as I have long, healthy, shiny and managable hair, I'm fine I suppose. I'm happy that it's easy for my hair to find things it likes at least. Some people hard a harder time.

Isilme
March 15th, 2008, 06:23 PM
my hair is like that too. The wash before the last one I used a heavy coney conditioner and my hair LOVED it, then I used it again and go dry tangly hair. So this wash was cone free. I just think some hairs like to rotate products once in a while:)

jojo
March 15th, 2008, 06:42 PM
how cool is that, its took me 7 months to find the right products,must be fate !

GlassEyes
March 15th, 2008, 09:13 PM
how cool is that, its took me 7 months to find the right products,must be fate !

Yeah, I'm thankfully my hair likes a lot of different products rather than nothing at all.

salamander
March 15th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I bet you had buildup. Buildup makes your hair feel icky and crunchy and unpleasant, and when you wash it off and just have hair again it feels SO much better. But then you put on just a little bit of cones, and it was the amount you're supposed to have, and they had their normal smoothing benefits. If my theory is right, then what you need to do is use cones and clarify regularly. Be sure to deep condition, though, 'cause this could be a little drying!

Also, I really want to pet your hair after that description. It sounds so nice!