PDA

View Full Version : 1 year anniversary

layla<33
April 17th, 2012, 04:39 PM
When i joined: between apl and bsl, bleached highlights, straightened blow dried and washed twice everyday. (With sulfates and no shampoo) Recently stopped a fase of teasing and hairspraying.

After 1 year: waist length, dyed close to my natural color, two trims, wash every other day or every two days, sulfate free shampoo

Im not sure how to add pictures using my kindle so ill put my 1 year picture as my profile picture.

spookyghost
April 17th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Hi! Im pretty sure Im too new to see your pics in your profile. I dont have permission but I bet your hair looks a ton better! Are you happy? Im kinda where you were a year ago. I keep on forgeting the hair length lingo but my hair is about an inch above my bra strap and I have bleached highlights that I wish I never got. Im struggling with the way my hair looks not using any heat except for the flat iron 4 times a week-I know I have to stop it completely. So my hairs is damaged of course. My hair color is dirty blonde and as much as I feel that the blonde hair color suits me better, I am going to get my hair colored more to my natural color with maybe some darker highlights. I also have some gray so I have to do something. Anyways, do you have any words of encouragement to throw my way:lol: I cant wait to see what my hair looks like in a year-hopefully alot better!

Happy Anniversary!

layla<33
April 17th, 2012, 07:58 PM
First off thank you! :) to be completely honest.. i love the way my hair looks.. and its pretty soft.. its gotten wavy and im so happy with the length! :D but.. i hate the way it feels at the very ends, i hate how insanely tangley it is and the occasional breakage... but its manageable :) at the end of this year i will be cutting it back up to waist for a fuller hemline and to get the wordt damage and layers out, but then grow back and maintain at brushing hip for my wedding next october :) tip wise, sulfate free made all the difference! I use avalon organics chamomile, for damaged hair, and i suggest gently scrunching the water out of your hair to encourage any waves hiding in there! :) send me a friend request and ill add you :) ill have pictures up as soon as i can get to a computer verses my fire. Haha. :)

layla<33
April 17th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Also, when you begin to gain legnth dont get too down about the highlight damsge. I regret thst deeply evrryday.. it was acutually highlights go bad.. from dark brunnette to white bad... also a multi vitamin water and excersize is all i do for hair groth but i get at leadt 1 inch a month a day and onlg about five shedding hairs a day :)

moon2dove
April 18th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Congratulations on your 1 year at TLHT :toast:

BrightEyes
April 18th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Congrats on your anniversary, I'm sure your hair is lovely:)

DancingQueen
April 18th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Congrats, looking forward to see the pictures :)

jacqueline101
April 18th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I bet your hair is lovely. Happy anniversary.

Ryanne
April 18th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Happy Anniversary! :flower: Sounds like a lot of growth.

spookyghost
April 18th, 2012, 06:47 PM
layla<33-I'm so computer challanged that I have no idea how to send a friend request:ohmy: I cant even cut and paste! I mean who doesnt know how to do that! Me:p

Right now I am taking E-fem. Its suppose to give females the energy they used to have, help with losing weight, heart health, increased muscle and physical activity, and fabulous hair and skin-we'll see:) I do feel more energy even though its been only two days since I have been taking it. I was taking a vitamin for hair, skin, and nails from wall mart but Im stopping that while Im on E-fem. My hubby wants me to make sure what Im taking wont overlap. Im also taking fish oil, calcium with d, and super b complex. I also excerise alot. My hubby and I work out quite a bit. Right now we are doing P90x. So hopefully I have the vitamins and fitness part of it all taken care of-I also eat pretty healthy too.

Oh, I have been using Mira hair oil and I went for a little trim today and my hair dresser cant believe how much its grown and how soft my hair was. It has gotten better, so I cant wait to see what the next six months bring. I just started using jamaican black xtra dark castor oil on my hair, eyebrows, and lashes. Mira worked great but it was $79.00 and the castor oil-$17.00-more my speed:lol: I love hair oiling-just love it!

layla<33
April 24th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Thats okay ill send you a request! :) and wow really?? me and my fiance both want to try P90X! Definately will soon! :) Im getting a bag trim this saturday, i have a insanely awful V hemline.. its awful because breakage caused it. -sigh- so im trimming to mid back length, the getting a 1/2 to 1 inch trim every couple months. hopefully my hair will feel much better afterwards! Im just glad Im finally not just on my way to long hair, but HEALTHY long hair! With a beautiful straight hemline with no layers to very very light layers. :)

ozzy
April 30th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Congrats!!!