PDA

View Full Version : My new routine- somehing amazing!

vanamo
April 17th, 2012, 02:11 PM
At least it is amazing for me.

All the time from summer to christmas i struggled from greasy hair. It didn't help even I tried to wash it more. My hair looked like it was lacking something.

Now I wash my hair with shampoo only once a week and it is more than enough for me. I also use CO two times a week. So altogether three washes per week.

I wanted to try something I thought up a while ago: I poured conditioner to a mug and some water also. Then I mixed it and poured to my hair. It has worked better than just rubbing conditioner in my hands and applying it to my hair.

Last weekend I tried the same method for shampoo (shampoo+water). I used a sulfate free shampoo that didn't work for me before and when I added it to a mug with water, it worked like a dream. Almost seemed too good to be true.

Now I'm keeping a "hair washing mug" in my shower :)

Tota
April 17th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I'm doing this exact thing for the last two months and it really is amazing, better than anything else I've tried. I use an old shampoo bottle as a "washing bottle". It's made of clear plastic so that I can see how much conditioner/shampoo I put in before mixing it with water. I CO with diluted conditioner every other day and then wash with very dilluted shampoo once a week. So far it works really really good.

cloudcatcher
April 17th, 2012, 02:26 PM
At least it is amazing for me.

All the time from summer to christmas i struggled from greasy hair. It didn't help even I tried to wash it more. My hair looked like it was lacking something.

Now I wash my hair with shampoo only once a week and it is more than enough for me. I also use CO two times a week. So altogether three washes per week.

I wanted to try something I thought up a while ago: I poured conditioner to a mug and some water also. Then I mixed it and poured to my hair. It has worked better than just rubbing conditioner in my hands and applying it to my hair.

Last weekend I tried the same method for shampoo (shampoo+water). I used a sulfate free shampoo that didn't work for me before and when I added it to a mug with water, it worked like a dream. Almost seemed too good to be true.

Now I'm keeping a "hair washing mug" in my shower :)

I never considered diluting shampoo and conditioner either until I watched habioku's youtube videos and read about her hair care routine. I admit, I'm emulating her :) I tried the diluted method and seem to get much better results than with undiluted shampoo. Also, since I always do an oil treatment in advance of shampoo, it does not strip the treatment out like undiluted shampoo and even non-cone conditioner, which also strips my hair (which is chemically processed.)

rock007junkie
April 17th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I will give this a try next time I wash.

EmmaDStrange
April 17th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Wow this sounds like a really good idea! Because no matter what i do, my hair gets tangled when I touch it too much with shampoo and I dont like to brush it when its wet because its breaks! :mad:

I might try this next wash day! Thanks for the idea! :D

Loveless
April 17th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Sounds good to me. I've been diluting my shampoo the last couple of washes and my scalp seems to take longer to get greasy. I've done shampoo only washes a few times, too. I'll see how that works out in the long run.

CaityBear
April 17th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I use old conditioner bottles to do this! It's always worked much better than straight conditioner. And when I need a boost I add just a squirt of shampoo to the mix.

Jadecas
April 17th, 2012, 07:17 PM
I never considered diluting shampoo and conditioner either until I watched habioku's youtube videos and read about her hair care routine. I admit, I'm emulating her :) I tried the diluted method and seem to get much better results than with undiluted shampoo. Also, since I always do an oil treatment in advance of shampoo, it does not strip the treatment out like undiluted shampoo and even non-cone conditioner, which also strips my hair (which is chemically processed.)

i'll give it a try

Macaroni
April 17th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I'll try it, too.

jeanniet
April 17th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I always dilute everything, except that I put a little full-strength conditioner on my ends. I think dilution helps to distribute everything through the hair better, especially if you have thick hair. You end up using less, so you save a little money, too!

Diesel Tech
April 17th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Now why didn't I think of that? I'll have to give it a try, as well.

koala
April 17th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I have to try this. I have such a problem with getting the right amount of shampoo into my hair when I need it. It always ends up dry. Diluting it might help some.

Hyacinth
April 18th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I used distilled water - do you think it matters what type of water to dilute?

I bought some bottles from Sally's - squirt bottles and they were about a dollar each. That way I can use diluted and everyone else can use from the original container. :)

unknown
April 24th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I always dilute everything, except that I put a little full-strength conditioner on my ends. I think dilution helps to distribute everything through the hair better, especially if you have thick hair. You end up using less, so you save a little money, too!

Do you get any build-up from the full strength conditioner when you dilute your shampoo?

spidermom
April 24th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Nice discovery!
I keep an empty conditioner bottle in my shower and mix shampoo and water into that, then shake well. That way I can squirt sudsy solution wherever I want or need it.

MaryMarx
April 26th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Question!
How do you apply it to the hair? Pour it over, or massage like you normally do with schampoo/conditioner? Let it sit for a while?

skaempfer
April 26th, 2012, 12:51 AM
I have a plastic Ikea pitcher in the shower and a plastic Ikea cup. (yes, everything I own is from the Ikea.)

What has also made a big difference to me (we have very hard water) is using a final rinse of a small squirt of conditioner (Garnier Fructis, before they changed the recipe, Sante Brilliant Care) mixed with rain water (about a liter). It's cold, so I do it after I leave the shower and bend over the tub. I dip my hair into the pitcher, then pour it over my head, and don't rinse. Has been working well for me :)

Tisiloves
April 27th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I use an old dye bottle, with a nozzle, it really helps me get shampoo on my roots.