PDA

View Full Version : Not a goal, but

fae
July 26th, 2008, 12:54 AM
I noticed tonite that when I sit down, I am catching my hair.

I would say ive got maybe 6-7 inches to go until I meet my goal of classic length.

Sorry I dont have pictures. I am working on that.

toodramatik
July 26th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Glad to hear that you're getting closer to your goal! Well done! ^_^

paper
July 26th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Wow! Your hair sure is long. Good luck on reaching your goal.

Golden21
July 26th, 2008, 09:18 AM
That's awesome! Can't wait to see pictures!

missmanytoes
July 26th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Fae, we're at about the same length and I've just begun noticing the same thing. Another recent "event" is I now catch my hair in my pants when I'm getting dressed - LOL! I initially thought I wanted to go for terminal, but as I've gained length I've noticed how many accommodations I'm making for the hair. I don't know how much longer I'm going to go because I suspect that as it gets longer I'm gonna start thinking it's really in my way and just as soon as I think it's too much of a PITA that's the length hair I'm going to have...just a wee bit shorter than PITA length. hmm...wonder if that is a length on the long hair list? :D

fae
July 26th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks all of you.

I think the more you get used to your length, it becomes less of a PITA. My goal is classic. But I'm not to keen on people cutting my hair, so if I can't bring myself to see a hair dresser, I might just let it grow. I really need to learn to do self trims. But I'm scared to touch it and mess it up and then have to take it to someone who abuses it.

I have read about feyes trimming method, but I can't find it on the site.

spidermom
July 26th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Glad to hear that your hair is still growing and surprising you.

missmanytoes
July 26th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Here is a link to Feye's instructions.

http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/

I've done the u-shaped cut on myself a couple of times with good results. The 1st time I did it I had to cut 3 inches to get rid of some damage so I did it in 1 inch increments. Made for some good practice and did wonders for building my confidence about cutting my own hair.

fae
July 26th, 2008, 11:35 PM
missmanytoes,

Thank you for the link. I dont have a pair of hair cutting scissors at the moment. But when I fix that, I will try this.

Thanks.

Saranne772
July 27th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Don't I just know the feelng!! I also find it a pain when getting dressed. Plus even at home it gets in the way down now! lol But its worth it! :)