PDA

View Full Version : Macadamia Natural Oil Infused Comb

EmmaDear
April 17th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Has anyone used the Macadamia Natural Oil infused comb?

I need a new wide tooth comb and was wondering if anyone had tried this comb out.

Let me know what you think.

Melolf
April 18th, 2012, 02:27 AM
I don't know if it can be useful, but I have one wooden comb that is not varnished: I started rubbing it with oil (be it olive oil or karitè or whatnot)every couple of days to keep it from drying out too much and cracking, and now it runs much more smoothly through my hair, and distributes the oil evenly down the lenght. So I think that an oil infused comb may be useful and very gentle on the lenght and ends of the hair.

MagicalMystery
April 19th, 2012, 11:10 AM
No, but I've been using Organix macadamia oil in my hair (when I couldn't find my regular coconut milk one) and it's fantastic!!! My hair is like silk.

Never seen an infused comb... Sounds interesting!

EmmaDear
April 21st, 2012, 01:00 AM
I just bought the comb... it isn't wooden like I though. The comb has a special formula of resin that is infused with the oil. I tried it and it glides through dry hair like a dream. I usually have to sit there and work the knots out but this just went right through. I am not sure about the infused oil part yet but i'll give another update in a week.

my2cats1
April 28th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Is the comb seamless? I almost bought one but stopped because I thought I saw a raised seam along the back edge and between the prongs. I couldn't tell for sure, though, because it was wrapped in plastic.

MagicalMystery
May 1st, 2012, 12:42 AM
I saw one of these on ebay and am equally curious...

Looks like plastic, no? I wish they made them in wood.

Shehesitated
June 12th, 2012, 12:14 AM
I bought this comb in hopes that it was seamless, but unfortunately it is not. It is made of an "oil infused resin," which in and of itself is rather nice but I don't see any remarkable results. I just wish it didn't have a darn seam!

prettykitty
June 12th, 2012, 02:42 AM
I've seen these on BeautyBay and always wondered about them, but suspected they might be a bit gimmicky.

HintOfMint
June 13th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I read about some oil infused combs by Cricket. They're only around 6 dollars, so not a huge sink if it doesn't work out so hot.

Hgunderman
June 13th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I saw this online as well; my BSL hair tangles bad while combing so I thought I'd give it a try. But I wonder if I'd get the same effect if I just soaked a comb in coconut oil and rubbed the oil into the wood? Just getting the pre-oiled comb might be easier though :)

Loviatar
July 16th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I got one of these today because I thought they were seamless. I hadn't heard of them before. They're not. I'll see how it goes. It might be gimmicky, for sure, but it was cheap. The seam looks pretty well finished though, so I'm not worried it's going to shred my hair.