PDA

View Full Version : Not Growing!!!

DreamingLong
July 25th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I measured today.......... still 24". I am treating my hair good, drinking lots of water, exercisng and taking my vitamin, leaving my hair up all day. Only found 7 splits on my monthly S & D. What gives? I want it to get to waist soooooo bad!

chrissy-b
July 25th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Awh man! That sucks.

Maybe you've just hit a slow period. My hair has slowed down quite a bit since summer started, and I keep seeing posts by other members who've had increased growth lately.

Hang in there. It will get to waist very soon.:flower:

DreamingLong
July 25th, 2008, 10:55 PM
On the up side, I have lost 6 lbs!!!

ChloeDharma
July 26th, 2008, 01:25 AM

Are you on a diet? That can cause a slow down in growth and 6lbs is alot to loose if it happened quickly.

RavennaNight
July 26th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Growing! :p A watched pot doesn't boil.

vidgrl007
July 26th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Growing! :p A watched pot doesn't boil.

so true:)

I would kill for your length, lol but I know what you mean about a stall.it is frustrating.

DreamingLong
July 26th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Not really a diet. I used to eat out all the time and drink nothing but pepsi or coke, now I am eating healthy and drinking water.

Maravel
July 26th, 2008, 09:04 AM

Aww, I'm sorry DreamingLong. I have hit a stall in growth lately, too, although I'm fairly certain mine may be due to breakage and damage, so you've got me beat there! :p

I'm sending positive thoughts your way. In the mean time, have you tried scalp massage? Whenever I have time to do this, I always feel like it helps me grow. It might be just what you need to get through this little stall.

And bigtime congrats on losing 6 lbs. I am in the process of trying to shed about 60. I've gone down 3 lbs so far, but at least that's something.

I know everyone here supports you! I'm sure we all hit our slow spots, it's just a matter of "benign neglect" (I think that's the term we use around here). It'll start back up again, don't worry!

:grouphug: We're all here for you if you need us!

spidermom
July 26th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Measuring was so confusing for me. Sometimes my hair would measure less than it had the month before. So I've gone back to what I was doing after I decided to grow out my hair and before I found LHC, which is having pictures taken. I used to do it once per year. Now I'm doing it once every 3 months after my trim.

JessTheMess
July 26th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Mine seems to be at a standstill too. My hair quality has taken a complete turnaround on the other hand. It's shiny and soft and my waves aren't a giant thing of frizz. I'm hoping for a growth spurt soon. In the meantime I just started to do Snowys Massage Technique... Hopefully that will kick start it :)

insideitall
July 26th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I try to ignore mine as much as possible. I usually feel like it's not growing, and then *poof* it's noticeably (to me, anyway) longer.

This is also how I approach my IRA - ignore it except for the like twice a year I put money in.. then I don't have to pay attention to what the dow is doing :D since it'll do its own thing regardless.

Anje
July 26th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Just another voice saying "hang in there." Sometimes growth just stalls -- you wait it out, continue taking care of your hair, and it will eventually start up again. Stalls around BSL or waist seem to be incredibly common, as though the follicles know how long the hair is and decide to take a break at that point.

When I joined in January 2007, my hair was 27" (yep, between BSL and waist). In May 2007, my hair was STILL 27", which was incredibly frustrating. Then it started growing. It was something like 32" by the following January, including a trim or two, so I managed quite respectable annual growth despite the seriously long stall and normally not-particularly-fast growth. My hair's now approaching tailbone and growing strong.

Cinnamon.locks
July 28th, 2008, 02:20 AM
I'm also stalled, have not grown anything in almost 3 months! but mine could be because i have been sick and i just stopped smoking also, ( smoked for 3 years straight, 1 pack a day, before that i would puff a couple of cigs a day for 29 years.) stopped smoking just 2 weeks ago, and have been sick ( bad cough ) for 8 months.

Maybe the growth will restart in august? i just ended the medication routine and feel much better. so maybe my stalling is because i've been sick and smoking? anyway, understand your frustration.

pariate
July 28th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Hiya

I echo what others have said - maybe your hair is just in a "resting" phase and not growing as quickly as it usually would.

I know everyone has different feelings about taking vitamin supplements, but I've found that MSM makes my hair and nails grow like MAAAAAAAAD! Seriously - I've been taking 4 x 1000mg a day and my nails grow 2mm a week. I am forever trimming them! There is usually a link between nail and hair growth, and my hair does seem to have grown much quicker since I started taking MSM (despite my recent grumbling thread about hair frustrations! ;) ).

I can only suggest wearing your hair up as much as you can (if you can't see how long your hair is every day it aids the illusion of growth) and trying MSM. I know others have had great success with Biotin supplements, but I haven't tried it myself.

Happy growing! :flower:

morgwn
July 28th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Hair seems to hit 'quiet periods' where the growth slows down a great deal (or seems to stop) and then has other times where the growth speeds up to make for the average of six inches per annum. I definitely would say just have patience, continue babying your hair and eventually you'll get back to the growth period. :)

HeatherMae
July 28th, 2008, 07:03 AM
I can soooo relate to you. I was stuck at 21 inches from April until July. It drove me CRAZY!! Then almost over night it seemed, I was at 22.5. I guess all there is to do though is wait it out. :( ((((Hugs))))

DreamingLong
July 28th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Ok, maybe my hair is more damaged than I thought, I did another S&D today and I keep finding more and more splits. I really don't want to go get a trim because I want the fairy tale ends not the straight hemline. Will it be ok if I don't go for a trim?

Pegasus Marsters
July 28th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Ahh, you're in the NO MANS LAND that is that long space between BSL and waist... believe me. You'll spend the longest time like "OH MY GOD GROW!" feeling stuck at BSL... Then suddenly you realise your ends are at your waist! Give it time, it'll happen! ;)

Giggy2
July 28th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I was stuck at 24" for what seemed like forever. Hang in there, it's growing, be patient.

:sun:

DreamingLong
July 28th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Tonight I went the Health Food store and bought some MSM, Biotin, oils and a protien deep condish treatment. Time to kick things into gear. I used the oil and protein pack tonight so we will see how it looks when it dries, my hair soaked it all up.