PDA

View Full Version : Silly Hair

Tawnylioness
April 16th, 2012, 05:32 PM
hi there, i have been experimenting with cones and no cones, i have thin, dead straight hair...if i use cones my hair is nice for a day and then dry and poofy the next, no cones seem to make my hair disgustingly oily/waxy on top but beautiful on the length, so i dont know what to use?

amantha
April 16th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I had that same problem when I originally went cone free. It took at least a month before my scalp adjusted. Now my scalp is even less oily than it was when I was using cones! :D

Nedertane
April 16th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Do you CO wash, or do you use shampoo (or something similar, such as bars or ACV) with it? Also, what is the oiliness of your hair naturally like? I find that if I don't use enough shampoo (I use a scant amount on just the roots to begin with, and it is sulfate-free) or none at all with a coney conditioner, I get that same feeling where it's gorgeous on the ends, but the top is oily or waxy.

You could also possibly mix conditioners (one with cones, one without, or possibly more of whichever type, if you like), and have some of the cones "cancelled out," for lack of a better term, with ingredients from the other conditioner(s), but still get the same effects of silky and tangless-ness. I don't always have to do this for myself, but it helps.

Cones can be tricky for us fine-haired folk, but I promise you can find a balance. :D

ETA: Also, how often do you clarify? You may have a problem with buildup.

caiti42
April 16th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Have you clarified before switching? That waxyness sounds like build up to me.

Tawnylioness
April 16th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I did clarify when i switched from cones to no cones and for that day my hair was wonderful, but then next couple times i washed with 'free poo and condish the top of my head felt disgustingly waxy, even still in the shower. i dont co wash, i use shampoo and condish twice a week, my hair usually gets a little oily after the 3rd or so day depending on how much i fiddle with it.

It could be that i diddnt use enough shampoo i guess, i was using a tiny amount coz the bottle is small and expensive but even if i dont use shampoo at all if im just rinceing after excersise or something i dont get that result

barely.there
April 16th, 2012, 08:47 PM
As your scalp is adjusting away from using cones, try scritching and AVC. it will help with the buildup.

Tawnylioness
April 16th, 2012, 09:24 PM
How much acv to water? and before or after i shampoo?