PDA

View Full Version : Scalp massage

Kwantslonghair
April 16th, 2012, 11:48 AM
How do you do scalp massage without damaging your roots?

PixxieStix
April 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I never thought of doing scalp massages as damaging, I've been doing them for 5-15 minutes a day for the last several months and haven't noticed any damage. I supposed you could make sure to use oil for more slip if it concerned you?

spidermom
April 16th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I do scalp massage by bending forward and combing or brushing against my scalp downward. No damage. I don't like oil on my scalp - not even the natural stuff! - so no oiling, although I generally do this after my scalp has become naturally oily from sebum.

Kwantslonghair
April 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I use olive oil. Maybe I am rubbing too hard?

Kwantslonghair
April 16th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I will try the brushing method. The BBB feels good on scalp. My head was so itchy I thought I had lice. Once I started oiling my hair. Including scalp a few hours before washing, the itching has totally stopped.

Othala
April 16th, 2012, 12:57 PM
How do you do scalp massage without damaging your roots?

If you are someone who doesn't use oil on their scalp, the use of which would coat the hairs nearest the scalp and minimise damage from massage friction, then I would say that you place your fingers on your scalp and without moving them from that position you do a massage motion. Then change your fingers to a different location on your scalp and do the same. This way there is no damage to the roots.

Kwantslonghair
April 16th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Thank you ..that makes sense