PDA

View Full Version : Indian oils

Mrs.Witherup
April 16th, 2012, 04:02 AM
:) I've been looking at some Indian oils and would love to try some, but the one I was looking at says it darkens your hair, and that is not something I want!
What is your favorite Indian oil? And how do you use it??

hootski
April 16th, 2012, 05:46 AM
My favourite is amla oil, I buy it from HennaSooq. I love it!! I pretty much just use it on my length, applying it to freshly washed and wet hair. It makes it soft and silky!

littlestarface
April 16th, 2012, 08:07 AM
I use coconut oil and I love to use it before my shower,makes my hair nice and smooth.

Tigermama
April 16th, 2012, 08:32 AM
I love Neelibrighadi oil. I place a few drops on overnight before washing out in AM with gentle shampoo. It seems to make my hair come in thicker.

epigrrl
April 16th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I like Vatika oil. It's mostly coconut oil, with some additional herbs thrown in. Smells lovely and does a great job.

ETA: I like to put in on to soak in a few hours before washing my hair. Sometimes I also use a very small amount to help control frizz after my hair is dry.

thirstylocks
April 16th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Oooh I love learning about new oils! And if it darkens the hair even better - I have some bleached ends that I want to darken to my natural color.

Mrs.Witherup
April 16th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Has anyone experienced any darkening with any of these oils??

Mrs.Witherup
April 16th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Oooh I love learning about new oils! And if it darkens the hair even better - I have some bleached ends that I want to darken to my natural color.

Look up Dabur Amla hair oil on Amazon, there's a review on there that says it makes your hair darker :D And it's pretty cheap too IMO

thirstylocks
April 17th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Cool, thanks I will!!

rock007junkie
April 17th, 2012, 08:47 AM
I've been using a lot of indian oils for a while and I can't say anything about darkening. My favorite ones are neelibhringadi and now hennasooq's cocoveda oil...the latter is basically her version of vatika.

~BoHemiAngel~
April 17th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Hi everyone! :waving:
I've been researching neelibhringadi oil on some of the other threads here, and it seems there are quite a few varieties, with varying ingredients and levels of effectiveness. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a great neelibhringadi oil that is free of antimony, lead, and other heavy metals that works well for reducing shedding? (And links, if possible ;)) Thanks in advance!

:blossom: BoHemiAngel

Othala
April 17th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Hi everyone! :waving:
I've been researching neelibhringadi oil on some of the other threads here, and it seems there are quite a few varieties, with varying ingredients and levels of effectiveness. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a great neelibhringadi oil that is free of antimony, lead, and other heavy metals that works well for reducing shedding? (And links, if possible ;)) Thanks in advance!

:blossom: BoHemiAngel

I recommend Kama Ayurveda Bringadi intensive treatment. I think you can get it on the India Abundance site.

jaquelines
April 17th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I recommend Kama Ayurveda Bringadi intensive treatment. I think you can get it on the India Abundance site.

I must say I got obsessed with the smell of this oil. I don`t know how much it helps my growth, because I am experiencing a hugely slow growth since taking DE, but this oil drives my crazy, this time in a positive way.

I actually posted the same question in a past thread, as I did not wanted to darken my hair. I must say - it gets a bit darker, like you would have a shade from something above your head. But I cannot say that my hair got darker in generally.

Mrs.Witherup
April 17th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Man, I'm trying to lighten right now! I know all of these oils would smell fab and do a great job taking care of my hair, but the darkness....:rolleyes:
I wanted something a bit heavier than argan oil, which is what I've been using.
Any other blondies tried the vatika??