PDA

View Full Version : Blonde roots + brown leght = URGE TO DYEE!! please help!

EleanorRigby
April 15th, 2012, 11:43 PM
I dont have any pictures or a camera to take some, but if i get one i will upload it (:
My problem is the next, i have dyed my hair black over a red henna base, and now, the black is fading (i do it on september) my roots are showing up, the anxiety is comming, and im thinking seriously about dye it but i dont know what to do.
My hair is in pretty god condition because i dont flat iron, dont blowdrie, i was taking god care of him with scalp massages, protective updos, olive oil and etc, so i think that can handle a chemical pretty well, but i preffer 100000000000000 times something natural to get it the lighter possible.

now my leght color is something like this http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aH2pdHcwBYY/S-bR1-GBYTI/AAAAAAAAAOE/p2SK6bYm1AI/s400/female-celebrity-long-hair-photos-07.jpg

and my roots http://www.peinado-de-moda.com/images/como-lograr-un-rubio-sin-tonos-rojos-21342383.jpg something like that, a bit lighter and less ashy.

What can i do to make my leght fit my roots? or be the near as possible?
There is some natural way to get it? or should i have to chose to dye my hair again?

HELP PLEASE! U.U

(Forgive my HORRIBLE English im pretty bad at it)

I can finally take some pictures!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll13/SweetKaery/hair/dazedandconfused018.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll13/SweetKaery/hair/dazedandconfused016.jpg

now that you guys have a better idea of my problem and the difference betwen the shades, would be possible make the leght as light as the roots in a natural not-damaging way?

morrigan*
April 16th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Maybe honey lightening will help lift some colour, but probably not too much. You can also try colour oops.

EleanorRigby
April 16th, 2012, 12:37 AM
I was thinking about color oops but im not sure if is available on my country, and i have done some honey lightning treatments with no results, but to be honest, i do it 3 times as much, and i know that this is a progressive thing, i will keep trying.

morrigan*
April 16th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Well i don't have any other suggestions for now.

GlennaGirl
April 16th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Vitamin C lightened my hair a lot. However, it also made it VERY dry. I need to stress that. It did bounce back after a while. Instructions for Vitamin C lightening are in my blog somewhere.

GlennaGirl
April 16th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Okay, here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=98691) ya go. :)

EleanorRigby
April 16th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Thank you so much GlennaGirl i have no idea that vitamin c can make that difference, i definitely gonna try this soon and post pictures (:

hototogisu
April 16th, 2012, 10:10 AM
The only thing for it is a colour remover like Color Oops or Colour B4. I ordered Colour B4 from a British online pharmacy (it's not available in my country, either). I can't tell you what a difference it made, but you'll need to order 3-4 boxes.

The other option is to go to a hairdresser for a corrective colour, which will probably damage your hair a little, but it'll only be once and you can repair the damage over time.

EleanorRigby
April 25th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Pics added (:

novemberfoxtrot
April 25th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I kind of like it! Don't people do that to their hair on purpose?

What about lemon juice + sun for lightening?

Avital88
April 25th, 2012, 11:57 AM
i like it, just grow it out:-)

lapushka
April 25th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I agree. It's not that bad. You could just grow it out.

Shermie Girl
April 25th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Well, you have a few options. You can try honey or vitamin C or other "natural" forms of lightening your darker, dyed areas. Probably with limited, if any success. Most natural processes don't do much against chemical hair dye.

You could just grow it out, rocking the two toned look.

If you want more instant gratification, you can use Color Oops! or a similar colour remover then tone the hair that you removed the colour from (it won't be your natural colour, you will have to tone it) to match your roots then grow and slowly trim the lightened and toned hair away as you grow. At least your colour would match as you do it. :D

I hope that you find something that will work for you.

malin_798
April 25th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I just love it!! It looks fantastic. Apparantly it's the next big thing. Google "reverse ombre" and take a look yourself :D Just be happy that you are growing your haircolor out now, when it's the most modern thing you can do! :flower:

MissAlyssa
April 25th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Hm, after seeing some pictures of the reverse ombre, I'm thinking I might grow my brown hair out. I've been going back and forth on being blonde again, but I may have just been convinced haha ;)

spidermom
April 25th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I read just this morning that 2-tone and more-tone is all the rage this spring. You might have a few streaks woven through to make it look more deliberate, less "I quit dyeing". Personally, I wouldn't; I'd just rock the 2 tones.

ladylowtide
April 25th, 2012, 01:50 PM
NOT THE COLOR OOPS.

I must rant about this in every color correction thread but here I go again.

My opinion, anything is better than color oops. I used color oops on deposit only dye and it damaged my hair worse than when I bleached from brown to platinum blonde in a day. Also it turned very orange. I was trying to get rid of black on the ends.

Just my opinion. I am still suffering from this mistake. I know for some people it is fine. For me it was my worst hair blunder.

Springpaw
April 25th, 2012, 01:52 PM
i think your hair looks cool the way it is :)

shutterpillar
April 25th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I like it like that!

Kira94
April 25th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I like your hair like that actually! I wouldn't mind mine looking like that, it's pretty! :)

dwell_in_safety
April 25th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Hmm, I like it that way. I wouldn't dive into any attempts to correct the issue, because they tend to be damaging, but I'm of course biased because I like your hair like that.

Amber_Maiden
April 25th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I like how your hair looks! I seriously wouldn't touch it if I were you!

sazzie88
April 25th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Colour oops would help. I was dark brown and used this to lighten to my ash blonde.

Be very careful not to get it on your roots as I found the brown colour traveled abit to the natural hair.

:) it is very good though. I used one box then waited a week and used two in a row. It did dry my hair out abit but just use lots of oil after :)

EleanorRigby
April 25th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Thanks to everyone for the help and the comments, i think that i might ear you guys and let it grow natural, but definately im going to try to lighten the length a little bit because is to much contrast for my taste, again thanks (:

Bunnysaur
April 25th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I actually think it looks super cool.

mzBANGBANG
April 25th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Has anyone suggested coating your hair in coconut oil and bleaching? I've coated my hair in olive oil (supposedly not as good as coconut oil) and after a microtrim and a week of great care, it's already bounced back into good shape, luckily it didn't have to bounce from much. On the plus side you have such long roots now that microtrims would help you cut off any damage on the length you get. You could always trim half your growth rate per month after doing this, or depending on if the damage is minimal, maybe less. But it really depends on how good you you think the condition of the length of your hair is.

cheetahfast
April 25th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Yours looks cool!!!!
Keep it!!

I love two-toned hair. :D

ApatheticFairy
April 25th, 2012, 11:07 PM
I love the dark ends with the blonde, it's like reverse-ombre. Looks almost dip-dyed.

What's worked for me when I got the red out of my hair is doing a soap-cap just on the ends... mixing moisturizing shampoo with low-volume bleach and leaving it in for a bit each day. It didn't damage it much, and it bounced back pretty well. It's not as healthy as it would have been if I didn't dye it in the first place, but it's in a good enough condition that it's growing okay and I don't hate myself every day.

AnqeIicDemise
April 25th, 2012, 11:30 PM
You're starting a new trend, reverse Ombre!

I actually kind of like it, but we should all know I'm a little weird. -nod-

xoxophelia
April 26th, 2012, 12:06 AM
I have been rocking the *eh hem*... reverse ombre <<'... for quite some time now as well. Luckily I got my dye to fade from black to brown with a few methods:
-leaving shampoo on for about 10 minutes rarely
-mixing EVOO with honey and leaving that on overnight
-lap swimming. The chlorine really helps fade out dye.
-time. more time. XD

I don't really suggest applying strong bleach. It will just go orange and brassy and dark dye can be fairly stubborn. If you get it on your virgin hair that will lighten much faster. I tested out something similar to Sun-In to see if I could pull through subtle highlights to make it less noticeable but it didn't work well. I later tested it more aggressively on trimmed off ends and they turned orange and crunchy.

Arya
April 26th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Whatever you decide....do a strand test!

It's saved me from many a disaster before.

ozzy
April 30th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I like it too. I've seen many girls do it to their hair nowadays on purpose. :)