PDA

View Full Version : I was going to wait a year, but - Progress

BeckyAH
April 15th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I redyed my hair today, and decided to do a comparison with my hair air-dried, since that doesn't occur to me frequently.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Greylin/003-71.jpg
August 20 - the shine there is oil/flash.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Greylin/afterdye.jpg
Today

And also today - the front dye:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Greylin/afterdye2.jpg

I missed a spot (see the green) but I'm happy.

pepperminttea
April 15th, 2012, 06:17 PM
That is a lot of growth, especially with your wurls - I love the blue! :D

beautifulending
April 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I love the blue in your hair....I always wanted some blue peek-a-boo highlights but I don't want to have to bleach.:rolleyes:

BeckyAH
April 15th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah, the bleach is the bear. My bangs and tips get a pass since I trim those regularly, but it's still aggravating. Worth the fun, for me, though,

And yes! Growth! I.. Spent months thinking it wasn't growing, then forgot it entirely.

BrightEyes
April 15th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Your curls are so pretty!! Your hair looks very healthy and your hemline is so thick, and I really like the blue. Great job:)

carolinaberry
April 15th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I really love your curls and your blue. I experimented with lots of different vibrant colors. The reds and dark pinks took beautifully. But I could never get purple, blue, or green to take. It looks great on you!

BeckyAH
April 15th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks! I've never done green, but blue and purple 'take' just fine - but don't last particularly long, either. Not compared to my long ago unnatural red that never, ever went away, until my hair was bleached *white*. (It was a pixie at that point). That was some impressive staying power.

PurplePenguin
April 15th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I LOVE your hair! How absolutely gorgeous and funky! I did my bangs blue way back when...I had fire engine red hair in the back and blue in the front but the blue would always fade to green withing 2 weeks or so, it was so annoying. But this looks absolutely fabulous on you! And look at all the growth you got, too awesome!

BeckyAH
April 15th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I've been relatively lucky with it - the blue sticks around for probably a month or so, though the intensity fades a bit - before it fades out toward 'sea-green' weirdness. And it is so, so, fun and keeps me entertained and happy. I've been doing the funky colors since August, too and just. Love.

rock007junkie
April 15th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Hair is so shiny and thick. I love it.

Amber_Maiden
April 15th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Great progress! I like the blue!

Laylah
April 15th, 2012, 08:55 PM
That's a lot of growth! And we are like hair twins in terms of color (except the blue) and texture :)

skaempfer
April 15th, 2012, 11:11 PM
This is so pretty! And an excellent way to get max effect and minimum damage if using colors!

I put some manic panic electric blue in DDs blond hair a couple of months ago, and it's still there. Other DD has rainbow bangs, and it's crazy how some shades stay and some fade. :shrug:

Debra83
April 15th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Awesome. And I can't BELIEVE your GROWTH! Holy cow!!! I WISH I could "forget" about checking my growth, but, alas, I'm obsessed!

Falcore
April 16th, 2012, 12:22 AM
That's some good growth there. Loving the blue as well :)

MaryMarx
April 16th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I want your hair!

BeckyAH
April 16th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Awesome. And I can't BELIEVE your GROWTH! Holy cow!!! I WISH I could "forget" about checking my growth, but, alas, I'm obsessed!

I went for MONTHS being absolutely crazy obsessed with measuring and looking and contemplating and taking pictures - and then I got busy with real life and honestly just stopped caring. I'm almost convinced at this point that if I'm paying attention my hair will absolutely not grow - just to spite me!

(Everyone else: Thank you! The blue is tons of fun and makes me happy and the placement's just perfect for damage for me. The long bits beside my bangs push it a little, but the rest gets trimmed off, so there's no time for it to get really ratty or affect the rest of my hair.)

metricfuture
April 16th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Wow, that's a ton of progress! Very nice!

lapushka
April 16th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Congrats on making such progress! :)

spidermom
April 16th, 2012, 09:53 AM
That's really good progress; your hair grows fast.