PDA

View Full Version : Need a real honey lightening recipe

Gladtobemom
April 15th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I need a successfully used honey lightening recipe for my daughter to use. She has medium blonde hair and wants it lighter (like it was a year ago).

I'll be frank, the wall of words on the honey lightening thread is just too gross.

If you use honey lightening, can you please tell me your method and recipe? I would be very grateful.

Mrs.Witherup
April 15th, 2012, 05:07 PM
I used the 1/8 c honey to 3/4 c distilled water with a T of EVOO, it's sitting right now waiting to go on my noggin :D I'm taking before and afters, I'll let ya know how it goes!

Mrs.Witherup
April 16th, 2012, 02:46 AM
So my hair is finally drying after my honey treatment, I only have one brighter streak in front where I continually sprayed the honey mixture on my hair. But no damage, and it's pretty shiny :)
I think I'm going to go with Sun In ;)

blondie9912
April 16th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I mix it in a ratio of 1:4, honey to distilled water. Then I rinse it over my hair and catch the runoff in a bucket, and continue repeating the process until my hair is fully saturated. I leave it in overnight, then shampoo it out in the morning. I'd say I notice about half a shade difference per time

Amber_Maiden
April 16th, 2012, 05:08 PM
When I did honey lightening I used honey 4:1 to a distilled water. That's it. I ha dot do it about 15 times to notice drastic results.