PDA

View Full Version : back of the head hair grows so much quicker than the top!

OrganicJewel
April 15th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I've heard that your hair grows faster at the back of your head but I never really noticed until now how true that is! I have roots, so I can see the growth and in 7 weeks I have 1 inch regrowth on the top and nearly 1 3/4 inch regrowth in the back! Woah, what a difference!

spidermom
April 15th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I know I've got hairs that grow faster because my ends get very uneven and the right side gets longer first.

OrganicJewel
April 15th, 2012, 10:36 AM
really, one side grows quicker for you? Oh, hair, you so funny! :)

Covet
April 15th, 2012, 10:38 AM
That's the same for me, the hair at the front of my head grows much slower than the hair at my nape, I wonder why...

Avital88
April 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM
i have the exact same! strange really

OrganicJewel
April 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I wonder if it's because it's protected by the hair on top? I don't know! but I wish ALL the hair on my head grew as fast as the hair at the back!!!

jacqueline101
April 15th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Mine does that too.

Coffeebug
April 15th, 2012, 11:38 AM
My friend reckons hers just really wants to be a mullet.

cwarren
April 15th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I think it has a lot to with genetics. Both me and my sister's hair grows faster on the right than on the left. A friend told me that this happens depending on which side you sleep on, but I sleep on my back :)

Mischamiu
April 15th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I have the same issue too... also it is so much softer and nicer. I wonder why ???

MissHair
April 15th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Im the total opposite. I have alot of hairloss at the back of my neck and hair grows thick and long in the front. I don't know how to increase the growth at the back. :(

EtherealDoll
April 15th, 2012, 12:35 PM
For me it's exactly the opposite, it grows faster in front.

stew
April 15th, 2012, 01:15 PM
My hair at the back definitely grows faster, but it is also a completely different texture. The hair on top is wavy, almost curly at times, and when taken care of properly it isn't too badly frizzy. The hair on the bottom (at the nape) is darker, straighter, but somehow, frizzier. It naturally takes on these tight little waves that are so tight they appear straight, even when it's healthy.. I've never understood it.

hellucy
April 15th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Mine also grows faster at the nape/back and is softer too. Unfortunately when the back is too long & 'mullet' like I hate it, I would much prefer the front to grow faster. :rolleyes: