PDA

View Full Version : Superdrug's bandless hairbands

Lara Croft
April 15th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I've just wasted £2.50 on a pack of black bandless hairbands. These are hairbands without the metal clip in the centre that holds either ends of the elastic. These hairbands in theory prevent breakage of the hair you you tie and remove the hairband.

I've been using them for a week and they are just too tight for a decent ponytail in my opinion. With a hairband i do 3 turns to get a good grip. I can barely manage doing 1 turn :S

If you;ve had an positive experiences them please post and tell me!

furnival
April 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I don't like them either- they're too strong. I just use ones made out of tights now, which are much softer and better on my hair. :)

Lara Croft
April 17th, 2012, 02:37 AM
you can make hairbands using tights O_O
please tell me how you do this ^^ i think it might be a better alternative to these hairbands

furnival
April 17th, 2012, 02:58 PM
you can make hairbands using tights O_O
please tell me how you do this ^^ i think it might be a better alternative to these hairbands

Tights are tubes- just cut across them. I usually cut a section about two inches wide from 40 denier tights. It makes a long, weak hair tie. I usually make loads out of one pair as they stretch easily and lose their elasticity after a while.

Bagginslover
April 18th, 2012, 05:27 AM
I use Scunci hair bands (get them in Sainsburys if you are in the UK). they are metal-less, and I've never had my hair tangle in them once. When putting them in, I make sure the glued bit is in my fingers, to minimise any damage that bit might cause ;)

Tealpuffin
April 18th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Honestly the best hairbands I have ever bought are from Primark for £1 a pack. considering I wear my hair up a lot I have very little pony tail damage.

jojo
April 18th, 2012, 10:11 PM
^^ seconding the primarni (lol primark!!) ones there bril and cutting tights or old socks works too!!!