PDA

View Full Version : Yipppeeeeeeeeee, salon visit this afternoon!

Curlsgirl
July 25th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Well I went to get my toner put on at the Aveda salon I have been going to and I asked my hairstylist about the condition of my ends and if I need a trim or not. She said they really look good but if I wanted to I could do a very small one, maybe 1/4 inch!!! She said my hair is very healthy and that she could see very little damage at all. YIPPPEEEEEEE!!! I am SO happy! She said it's because I don't blow dry or iron it and she really wished she could give those things up! She again marvelled at my hairstick (it was a Greydog spiral multi-colored dymondwood) holding up my Figure 8 and told the other stylists to look how I was holding up all my hair with that little stick :D I LOVE HER!!! I asked her about when I would need highlights again and she said as long as I was happy with the toner that it would be a lot healthier for my hair to do that and even if I did want highlights again I could do a partial set maybe every six months if that. I am SO happy that she doesn't try to make money but is honest about the best thing for my hair!!! I think I might even let her trim it but I don't see why because I can do it myself and she doesn't mind either way.

Okay just had to share another great experience at my salon!!! I guess I'm over my salon-a-phobia!

bex487
July 25th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Wow...you've found a keeper! I actually like partial highlights best-it looks more natural.

By the way, every time you post I marvel at your sig picture...GORGEOUS COLOR!

Riot Crrl
July 25th, 2008, 04:27 PM
That's awesome she was able to answer your question honestly. I don't think I've ever gotten an answer to that question other than "2-3 inches" no matter how long it was or how long since my last trim. :?

Hatsumomo
July 25th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Congrats on finding such a wonderful stylist! Many stylists just don't seem to get that it's the customer they're catering for, not their own ideas.

xrosiex
July 25th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I'm glad to hear your salon visit was great:applause Your hair is beautiful. And it's priceless to get a good stylist. I found one hear in the town I live in. She even knows how to do a proper dusting.:cheer:

spidermom
July 25th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I'm happy that you're happy. I've got a good stylist, too.

curly girl fla
July 25th, 2008, 05:26 PM
It's so nice when you find someone who actual cares about you instead of what's in it for her. I'm so glad it was a great appointment!

Curlsgirl
July 25th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks all!!!! I am just so glad to have found someone I just can't stop marvelling!!! I even mentioned that I wouldn't want any color to TOUCH the ends of my hair and she said oh she would NEVER do that!!! She's an angel, I'm convinced of it :) If she ever leaves I'll hire a good P.I. to find her! HA!

lady_hero
July 25th, 2008, 06:09 PM
That's so great, Curlsgirl!

I also go to an Aveda salon. My girl is fantastic! I love the scalp massages they give. So relaxing :-)

Golden21
July 25th, 2008, 06:32 PM
That's awesome! I'm so glad she did not pressure you into cutting a lot off!