PDA

View Full Version : Ponytail scrunchies.

cobden 28
April 14th, 2012, 03:07 PM
For simple convenience I usually wear my hair in a ponytail, with a length of elastic, and the elastic hidden by a ponytail'scrunchie'.

The problem being that I only seem to be able to buy them locally in boring black:(; does anybody know of a source within the UK that makes ponytail scrunchies in different colours?

sfgirl
April 15th, 2012, 02:43 AM
I think you guys have American Apparel! They have really cute scrunchies there, lots of colors and patterns, usually by the check out. They're about 6 dollars here, not sure how much there.

fridgee
April 15th, 2012, 05:36 AM
If you are craft minded they are incredibly easy to make. An oblong on fabric (use old clothes made from nice fabrics but which you don't wear anymore if you don't want to buy fabric), a piece of elastic half the length of the oblong. Sew the long sides of the oblong together, put elastic thru the fabric tube and sew ends together, sew ends of fabric tube up, voila new scrunchy in less than ten mins!

If you're not craft minded, I think boots had some last time I was there, or maybe Claire's accessories (I've not been in one recently so that's just a suggestion of where they might be) :flower:

fridgee
April 15th, 2012, 05:37 AM
ETA: Argh double post, sorry! The perils of posting on your phone!

If you are craft minded they are incredibly easy to make. An oblong on fabric (use old clothes made from nice fabrics but which you don't wear anymore if you don't want to buy fabric), a piece of elastic half the length of the oblong. Sew the long sides of the oblong together, put elastic thru the fabric tube and sew ends together, sew ends of fabric tube up, voila new scrunchy in less than ten mins!

If you're not craft minded, I think boots had some last time I was there, or maybe Claire's accessories (I've not been in one recently so that's just a suggestion of where they might be) :flower:

Coffeebug
April 15th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I agree with Fridgee - I absolutely detest sewing, but I've knocked a few together in the past. You can even buy packs of fabric scraps from eBay so you can get a variety without parting with too much cash!

If you really don't feel like faffing about with a needle and thread though, Amazon.co.uk have a few different colours! Might be worth looking for stores that sell dancing clothes and shoes too - they often sell scrunchies to match the various outfits I think.