PDA

View Full Version : Learn something new every day...

Aveyronnaise
April 14th, 2012, 01:54 PM
So the little thing that I learned today was about the magic of wired ribbon. I have always liked simple styles with ribbon , they are so Victorian casual , à la Room with a View or something.
Anyhow, my hair is way , way too slippery for that jazz but I got all brave and tried some wired ribbon today and it worked like a charm , I made a headband and it stayed in place and i could manipulate the bow so that it didn't look cheesy for a lady of my ahem advanced age.
Just thought I would share.

fridgee
April 14th, 2012, 01:59 PM
That is an excellent idea! Got any pictures of it in action?

Aveyronnaise
April 14th, 2012, 02:03 PM
That is an excellent idea! Got and pictures of it in action?

I'll try to put some up tomorrow , I got a bunch of different stuff at the cheapo close out fabric store because i can't afford pricy stuff right now .
I also got some kind of decorative elastic and made hair ties , and bra strap type elastic to do headband curls with.
It only cost a few euros to get lots of hair stuff , as my son says "Whiiippppiiiieeeeee" .

fridgee
April 15th, 2012, 04:33 AM
It only cost a few euros to get lots of hair stuff , as my son says "Whiiippppiiiieeeeee" .

Haha Whiiippppiiiieeeeee! :cheese: I love a hair bargain! I can't afford expensive stuff either so it's always good to hear of cheap fun hair things :)