PDA

View Full Version : Wanting long hair when reuniting with someone?

MissHair
April 14th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Maybe it's just me. But Im love with the thought of having long hair before I reunite with a few loved ones I haven't seen in years now. Not only loved ones, but just having long hair if I happen to pass by someone on the street whom I used to know and wanting them to see my transformation. I love the thought.

:happydance:

Phalaenopsis
April 14th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I love that thought too :) I have long hair now for a while, so I can't hope for that anymore, it has gotten more normal to me to see myself with long hair and also for others. I miss those days where long hair was still so very new and exciting.

ladylowtide
I have a family reunion in July and I want to grow my hair out for it. So I totally get it.

Avital88
haha i had this too when i was younger, now i dont care so much anymore..the only thing i always really wanted is to have buttlength wavy hair on my weddingday(so i guess thats between tlb and classic)

Avital88
April 14th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I love that thought too :) I have long hair now for a while, so I can't hope for that anymore, it has gotten more normal to me to see myself with long hair and also for others. I miss those days where long hair was still so very new and exciting.

And i agree with this!
i remember the days when it was all so far away

jacqueline101
April 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I want to grow mine out to surpass the normal growth rate. I just want people to say wow her grew since this time last year.

swearnsue
April 14th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Oh yeah I can relate to that! I want to run into someone I haven't seen in a while and have my hair be long and freshly hennaed! And it isn't raining or windy. And I'm eating chocolate candy and maybe lost a few pounds. Yummy thoughts are running wild now!

MissHair
April 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I just want people to say wow her grew since this time last year.

Oh I know! That's the reaction I want too. Even better if I had time to grow it superlong in 3 years time. Last time they saw me I had shoulder lenght. Imagine walking in to a reunion with classic lenght or such? Ah. :D Someday. :D And yes, whenever, if ever, I get married my hair needs to be the longest it's ever been.

PrincessIdril
April 14th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Totally know understand that feeling.
Annoyingly last time I had a family reunion it was full of people who hadn't seen me since I was 2 years old so instead of hair comments I got lots of generic "My, how you've grown!" comments :( (I should hope I had grown, I'm 22 now! lol)

Lots of my school friends knew me with BSL to MBL length hair, so I'm trying to get mine as close to TBL as possible before I see them again. I think it's fun to supurise people like that :D

Littlewing13
April 14th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Yep I have that now. I want to wear my hair up all of the time so that one day I wear it out & all my friends say "wow your hair is so long!" Or "are they extensions?" (Ive already gotten the extension one :)

barely.there
April 14th, 2012, 07:18 PM
yeah I've been "gone" for over a year now. by the time I go home it will have been a year and a half. my hair has gone from chin length and will be just past APL when everyone sees me :D I posted a pic of the change on facebook and everyone was like *SWOOOOOOOOONNN* (i dont post pics of me much)

WaitingSoLong
April 14th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I think everyone I ever knew has seen me on FB so no surprises. Plus I have had long hair for awhile and, honestly, after waist length I don't think people see the difference, they just see it as long, whether it is waist or classic. At some point it is just labeled "long" so I don't think I could impress a soul. LOL. That and I don't really have people to reunite WITH.

So for me it is more like people who see me for the first time with my hair down. I always get the same comment: wow, I didn't know your hair was so long!

Dragon Faery
April 14th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Totally. I always daydream about shocking family and friends thati only see about once a year. Although the practical side of me knows that most of them wouldn't really care, it still sounds cool. :)

humble_knight
April 14th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Yes, definitely! There are some people whom I only see once a year, or every 2-3 yrs, so I would like my appearance to be different. Growing my hair is part of that!

GlennaGirl
April 14th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Holy cow. I thought that was just me! I thought it was silly! Since I decided I'm done with my short hair phase, I have envisioned myself stepping off a plane to greet my east coast peeps, with one long hair style or another. It's different in every fantasy, LOL.

Now let me go hide somewhere in embarrassment.

stew
April 14th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Of course.. I'm in a long distance relationship, I get to see my boyfriend once a month if I'm lucky, usually once every 2-3.. I love revealing my new length every time we see each other. He loves long hair. :)

Grillz
April 14th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Absolutely.. I also get really conflicted because I want to show off all my shmancy braids and updos too!

carolinaberry
April 14th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I want to grow mine out to surpass the normal growth rate. I just want people to say wow her grew since this time last year.
I totally get this desire. I mean, I know the little feeling of pleased surprised I get when someone I know and like has a hair "growth spurt" between times I see them.

Amethyste
April 14th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Oh I think about that sometimes... My brother and I do not really have a good relationship, last time he saw me I had an extremely short pixie. Now it is past chin so if we don't see each other for another year or so, maybe he'll be surprised that my hair could reach past shoulder length...

tiarefleur
April 14th, 2012, 10:49 PM
I want long hair in general, but I would love to have a completely new look the next time I see friends/family I haven't seen in a while. It'll be nice to (hopefully) get compliments on my natural hair rather than my new color or how shiny my straightened hair looks!

sun-kissed
April 14th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Yes, I'm always dreaming of seeing old friends again, envisioning my walking with hip-length or classic hair, swaying behind me, with everybody swooning over it.
I know that's horridly vain and unrealistic, but it's true. :p

Qadupae
April 15th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Same here ^_^ I originally cut my hair super shortie style after my ex fiance left me for another woman. Every now and then, when I am feeling spiteful towards him, I imagine what it would be like to finally have long hair again and walk past him and seeing his jealousy and errs for having left me for another woman. I know, it sounds so shallow, but thankfully I don't feel that way as often as I did before and I am finally coming around to realizing I need to grow my hair for me and no one else.

redtuss
April 15th, 2012, 04:34 AM
I don't really think about it but I get the feeling, according to me it's a common and healthy step in getting over someone that has hurt you. (among other things, it's just one aspect so to speak)

It's a way to make yourself feel a bit more superior I think, for instanve, someone might have been picking on you - to then succeed that person in hair health and length is a demonstration of power..

Ugh, my english has deterioated, I'm not sure if I'm coming across in the right way now. It's just one try to explain it :) To clarify as well, I'm not in any way trying to make it a bad thing - it's a healthy way to feel since it heals you. I've felt the same and it's portrayed in many books and films as well (in wishing to look fab to an ex, a bully, a relative or someone who's been mean to you to "show 'em" you know :))

MissHair
April 15th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Same here ^_^ I originally cut my hair super shortie style after my ex fiance left me for another woman. Every now and then, when I am feeling spiteful towards him, I imagine what it would be like to finally have long hair again and walk past him and seeing his jealousy and errs for having left me for another woman. I know, it sounds so shallow, but thankfully I don't feel that way as often as I did before and I am finally coming around to realizing I need to grow my hair for me and no one else.

That's just how I feel about my ex. I really feel you on that one! I guess at first I wanted it to grow out for one reason but continued for another.

hyettf16
April 15th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I'm friends with my ex, and there is no one that has hard feelings toward me so I guess I have no one to impress :P

Mrsbaybeegurl
April 15th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Totally agreed! I've always had the same-ish length anywhere between a bob and no longer than bra strap, typically at about shoulder. I think with long hair I would look totally different, and if could lose about 10-20 more pounds to boot, I'd be purposely trying to run into people I haven't seen in a while ah hahah ;)

I was like that when I lost weight too, something about the attention at first feels so good and it's always the best when it's someone you don't particularly like or an ex lol It's very vain I suppose but i am not a vain person in general so if I can have my 15 minutes i'm happy :)

Lalital
April 15th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I hear you about the Ex, sister. Can't they be b*****ds? I had my nearly Knee length hair hacked off by a horrible partner and am now growing it back - it's taking forever but I sure would like to waltz past him one day with longer and better hair flowing. Just keep growing your beautiful hair for you - and all the world to envy. Hee Hee:D

Honeyfall
April 15th, 2012, 05:02 PM
When I first saw this thread I thought 'Huh, what a funny thing, I've never particularly wanted that myself' but upon reflection... pretty much every time I think of seeing loved ones (and mine are spread over over thousands of miles and multiple continents) I envision having long, healthy hair and impressing them with it. So yeah, apparently I TOTALLY hear that!

Oh! And don't you love the idea of reaching your goal length, and catching some old crush staring in awe? That's another big one for this girl.

Kalimac
April 15th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I'd love to have incredibly long hair when I see my friends next month. It's been over five years since I saw them, and at the time my hair was longer than my best friend's hair.

However, it won't happen. I always wore my hair straightened when I lived around them, but now I leave it curly. The amount my hair shrinks when curly will make my hair look shorter than my friend's, even though she's cut it since I last saw her.

KwaveT
April 15th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I am already shocking family when they see my hair. I have added about 6 or 7 inches over the last year. I look much different with shoulder length hair now compared to short haircut I use to have.