PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting my hemline straight.

BeckyAH
April 14th, 2012, 08:45 AM
My husband cuts my hair. He doesn't cut more than I want, and it doesn't happen often. Last time he did, I ended up with a seriously lopsided (like angle) cut. I'd like to have him (or ME!) fix it, but only if it's going to get fixed instead of going wonky again, or making it wonkier. (It is, for reference, almost exactly between brastrap and waist. I am desperate enough that I've considered going back to BSL because my bra-strap is a straight line, right?)

Suggestions for movable guides, please? Or something?

fridgee
April 14th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Have you heard of the crea clip? It basically clips your hair in a straight line that you then cut along. It even has a spirit level on it to make sure it's straight! :D

As for something you don't have to buy have you looked a feye's self trimming instructions? They are pretty fool proof and include instructions to check its even afterwards. :flower:

BeckyAH
April 14th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I haven't, but you have made my DAY. I'll probably do Fey's (Google is my friend) this time so I don't go completely bonkers, but if I'm going to have my husband cutting my hair for a while, the creaclip sounds perfect. Plus, it has a level. He's an engineer. The level will make him want to play with it ;-)

BeckyAH
April 14th, 2012, 12:06 PM
All right, better.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Greylin/hair-1.jpg
Before - wet, combed down. (Ick)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Greylin/hair2.jpg
After, and dry.

That I can live with.

spidermom
April 14th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Have him close your hair in a book and slide the book down.
This is how I trim my hair: part down the middle from forehead to neck; bring each half in front of each shoulder; comb my hair very smooth and even, making sure the side pieces are right in the front/center, then make a ponytail right under my chin; slide a book down the ponytail and cut even ends.

It gives me a lovely, even U-hem.

BeckyAH
April 14th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Have him close your hair in a book and slide the book down..

That is GENIUS.

jacqueline101
April 14th, 2012, 12:14 PM
The feye method is the one I'm going to try.

fridgee
April 15th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Have him close your hair in a book and slide the book down.
This is how I trim my hair: part down the middle from forehead to neck; bring each half in front of each shoulder; comb my hair very smooth and even, making sure the side pieces are right in the front/center, then make a ponytail right under my chin; slide a book down the ponytail and cut even ends.

It gives me a lovely, even U-hem.

I love the book idea! :D