PDA

View Full Version : Hair/Scalp issues and grossness

faithsdaisy421
April 13th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Okay guys, I need some serious help. I had a hysterectomy on March 20th. They were able to leave me with one ovary, but it seems to have "fallen asleep" (which is quite common after a surgery like this. They say it will wake back up in time). Anyway, since this has happened, my hormones are all messed up... leaving my hair and scalp a total mess. My hair from about the ears down is drier than normal and tangling easy. But worse than that is from the ears up. It is oily, greasy, itchy, and producing dandruff. My normal shampoo is not doing it for me, and I have no idea what to do, because it seems like my length needs moisture and my scalp needs... I don't even know :confused:! Help... Please! Do I do baking soda/ACV first and see if it helps? I think I need a new shampoo and conditioner routine, but have no idea what to try. I try to go SLS/cone free. I am willing to try higher end products, or drug store.

Thanks all!!

newbeginning
April 14th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I'm not sure about the dandruff but what about CWC? I have an oily scalp and drier ends and this seems to help me. Also whenever my scalp gets itchy and/or seems to have a lot of build up I use clarifying shampoo (sometimes with baking soda) then I make sure to really condition my ends.

spidermom
April 14th, 2012, 07:57 AM
I agree with CWC.