PDA

View Full Version : Is Wen good or bad for hair?

goldcopperbrown
April 13th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I'm so on the fence about this- the WEN infomercial made me think it was awesome, but then I realized it has 'cones and NO sulfates, which I normally avoid. The reviews seem to indicate that half of people love it and half hate it. The lavender one, in particular, gets RAVE reviews on amazon (I don't listen to reviews on the actual wen site since I assume they're planted there). I have straight-ish, fine hair but a lot of it. I'm desperately trying to grow it longer now that I stopped dying it. Thoughts?

Mrs.Witherup
April 13th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I decided not to go with it after the reviews! Too many cases of hair loss, scalp reactions, etc...
But I would love to know if anyone here has used it! I would trust you guys way more than reviews!

Kelikea
April 13th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I don't think its "bad" for your hair, but I do think you can get similar results by doing CO or CWC, and save a lot of money. WEN is very expensive, while Suave and V05 conditioners cost around $1 each.

laceyfairy
April 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Wen is basically just CO-washing. It's probably not bad, just a bad price. Basically what Kelikea said.

Gingerbear
April 13th, 2012, 07:19 PM
I actually tried Wen last year. I was unsure which one to get and ended up ordering a "sampler" pack with smaller bottles of all the different ones. Right after I used it, I dried my hair and was like "this stuff is amazing!"--my hair seemed really healthy, fluffy and shiney. Then about 10 minutes later, it fell flat and looked super greasy all day. I have fine hair. In my opinion, it weights down fine hair and it ended up not being a good product for me. I also didn't notice any difference between the different ones--the scents were very subtle and they seemed to be the same product. So if you want to try it, don't stress too much on which one. However, IMHO I think you could get equally good results from CO.

As an aside, my best friend is from India, so her hair is very thick and lovely. I ended up giving the Wen to her thinking it would be better on her hair type, but she was not a fan either.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents. I am sure there are tons of people who it does wonderfully for.

cwarren
April 13th, 2012, 07:37 PM
WEN is very expensive, while Suave and V05 conditioners cost around $1 each.

Exactly. It costs way too much for only so-so results. I got the pomegranate one as a Christmas gift and it was ok. It didn't do anything amazing for my hair and it kinda had a menthol-like smell. I wanted to go out on a limb and try some of the other scents, but when I saw the price :run:

kdaniels8811
April 13th, 2012, 07:44 PM
You can save a ton of money by checking out Toadstool shampoos and conditioners on Etsy. There is a thread here, my fine, thin hair looks incredible with her products. I have been herbs only since shampoo either dried out my hair or left it flat. Toadstool shampoos are wonderful. Check out the thread. No, I am not related to her shop in any way - smile!! Just a very satisfied customer.