PDA

View Full Version : Forgive LHC Goddess, for I have sinned.

mzBANGBANG
April 13th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Today, I:

- Reached the end period of the 6 week "Should I or Should I Not?" period.
- Bought some ammonia-free hair lightener.
- Oiled my ends with olive oil... figure my ends are light enough as is, so if it didn't take it wouldn't be a big loss.
- Shampooed it out, conditioned with that awesome packet hair color always comes with.
- Applied henna/placenta packet.

And I'm currently waiting on results!

In the shower after rinse it didn't feel very damaged. The lightener was subtle (I think... hard to tell when damp) and I've never tried ammonia-free before, but it seemed less harsh (but what the heck do I know). The one thing I did noticed is I went for a light ash blonde, and it still pulled some red through in the lightening. I may have to get a toner to apply on top of this.

So I'll have to post pics when it's all dry! Wish me luck!

barely.there
April 13th, 2012, 04:13 PM
waiting for pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swearnsue
April 13th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Good luck, I bet it will come out beautiful. And don't forget, if there's no pics, it didn't happen! Just think what a custom color you will have!

UltraBella
April 13th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Waiting for the pics !!

sfgirl
April 13th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I don't think lightening is bad as long as you're aware it will eventually take a toll, and you'll have to baby the heck out of your hair. It's your body, and you should express yourself with it. :)

lolot
April 13th, 2012, 05:33 PM
good luck :D
i want to see the pictures already, i have the urge of dying my hair right now

mzBANGBANG
April 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Pics!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9408&pictureid=130832

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9408&pictureid=130831

It's growing on me! It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it looks great outside. Inside, it's hard to tell a difference, except that it's definitely all one color.

Damage verdict.... my ends feel a bit crunchy, but still smooth when I run them across my cheek, so I'll take it :D I'd say it lightened about 3 shades (my natural color is in my siggie). Also... I see some heavy oiling in my near future... aka, every other day for the next month -- oh, the things I put myself through. Yay for sinning!

mzBANGBANG
April 13th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I don't think lightening is bad as long as you're aware it will eventually take a toll, and you'll have to baby the heck out of your hair. It's your body, and you should express yourself with it. :)

Your avatar is the whole reason I've been dying to lighten! :D I've been needing some self-expression, hair was always the first place I turned.

Mrs.Witherup
April 13th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I wanna try to L'Oreal that washes out in 28 shampoos, I wonder how much lighter I could get with that...

mzBANGBANG
April 13th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I wanna try to L'Oreal that washes out in 28 shampoos, I wonder how much lighter I could get with that...

I don't think you can wash out lightening, I'm pretty sure it's permanent and has to be chemically changed, it may however change the coolness/warmness of your hair which sometimes a little change is all you need (I'm def one of those people...lol)

swearnsue
April 13th, 2012, 05:58 PM
It came out really nice, an excellent color for your skin and eyes.

fridgee
April 13th, 2012, 05:59 PM
LOVE the colour! I've always wanted to try blonde and that's exactly the colour I'd want! Never going to happen with my starting colour but I can dream!

Any wash out colour won't be able to lighten your hair, it will just be added on top of whatever's there already. Anything that lightens hair will be permanent. You could maybe look into honey lightening, which is supposed to cause little or no damage, but does take a while :flower:

lolot
April 13th, 2012, 05:59 PM
thanks for sharing, i love it, even your face look like is glowing more, awesome results

Falcore
April 13th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Wow looks really pretty! You did a good job :)

Valfreyja
April 13th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Looks very glamorous indeed!

Oksana
April 14th, 2012, 06:27 AM
What a beautiful colour, i love it!

Scarlett brooke
April 14th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I need more posts so I can see! Boooo! I'm sure it looks lovely! Iv been trying to grow my natural colour But it's mousy and horrible so I'm going to colour it blonde when I get chance. I'm not using bleach anymore tho just high lift tint. It's high peroxide tho...

mzBANGBANG
April 14th, 2012, 08:30 AM
It came out really nice, an excellent color for your skin and eyes.

Aw thank you!! I definitely like it!

LOVE the colour! I've always wanted to try blonde and that's exactly the colour I'd want! Never going to happen with my starting colour but I can dream!

I can't even imagine how much damage would have been done if my hair had been any darker, starting. When I want to have black hair (which happens at least once every 2 months) I have a wig set aside for such occasions. :D

thanks for sharing, i love it, even your face look like is glowing more, awesome results

Wow looks really pretty! You did a good job :)

Looks very glamorous indeed!

What a beautiful colour, i love it!

thank you all :)

I need more posts so I can see! Boooo! I'm sure it looks lovely! Iv been trying to grow my natural colour But it's mousy and horrible so I'm going to colour it blonde when I get chance. I'm not using bleach anymore tho just high lift tint. It's high peroxide tho...

I was growing in my natural color, too. Inevitably, I got bored with it... I just love having light blonde hair! There is one user on here... I think its LadyLongLocks? I'll have to check. She has gorgeous long blonde hair that she uses sun-in on. I wanted to lighten my hair a bit so I could start gradually using sun-in. I figure for me waist-length light blonde hair is more desirable than tailbone length dark blonde hair, so that's what I'm going for. :) Just so much more upkeep than going natural, unfortunately.

jacqueline101
April 14th, 2012, 09:14 AM
It looks good.

Anywhere
April 14th, 2012, 11:04 AM
It looks very nice. :)

Mommyof4
April 14th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Your avatar is the whole reason I've been dying to lighten! :D I've been needing some self-expression, hair was always the first place I turned.

mzBANGBANG, your hair looks great!

and way too funny, her avatar is why I've wanted to lighten! lol

BrightEyes
April 14th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Your hair is beautiful! Don't you love being blonde?:D

A few times I've thought about growing out my highlights. But I love them and know I would go back to them. I think that as long as you give your hair some extra pampering and care there is no reason to not have the color you want and enjoy the most. Love it and rock it I say!

Covet
April 14th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Your hair colour is fantastic! :)

Mrs.Witherup
April 15th, 2012, 11:37 PM
I don't think you can wash out lightening, I'm pretty sure it's permanent and has to be chemically changed, it may however change the coolness/warmness of your hair which sometimes a little change is all you need (I'm def one of those people...lol)

I looked at it at Wally World the other day, its L'oreal Healthy creme or something like that, no ammonia, washes out in 28 shampoos (seeing as how I was maybe twice a week thats awhile, lol) They have a blonde that looks good :)