PDA

View Full Version : All this talk about hair

Kwantslonghair
April 13th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I just had to go wash mine. It's been 3 days. I was trying to hold out another day but it just looked too bad. It seems 2 times a week is the best I can do. Can't wait till I have enough post so I can post a pic. You guys are so hair smart I can't wait to get your honest opinion on my mane to be

FluffSpider
April 13th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Well, posts come, and 3 days is actually pretty decent! Keep at it, you'll see your scalp starts to produce less sebum. I used to wash every odd day, now I can stretch it for a week and not have it feel TOO awkward :d Plus the updos help. And welcome on LHC

RapunzelKat
April 13th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Welcome to TLHC! :waving: Three days is really pretty good, I also wash twice a week. My hair just can't go any longer than 3-4 days without gettin yucky :p

Don't worry, you'll get to 25 posts in no time, just chime in on anything that interests you. :) You can also always check around the Hair Polls and Projects section to build up your posts, there's lots of things there that you can participate in ;)

Vallena
April 13th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Hiya and welcome! I've slowly worked up to once a week, but if twice is good for you, then stick with it! At the end of the day, you're the one who has to live with your hair.

Kwantslonghair
April 13th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I was an everyday washer so I guess I have made progress

KAggs
April 13th, 2012, 03:54 PM
How long has it taken for your hair to stretch to three days? I'm an every day washer just trying to go every other day. It's been pretty tough.

Kwantslonghair
April 13th, 2012, 04:10 PM
I wased every other day about 3 weeks. Then started 2 times a week. Been doing that about 3 weeks. Hated it at first. But it's getting better and not getting oily at roots so quickly. I am pretty much a home body and hardly ever see anyone except on Monday's and Thursday's when I go do water aerobics. I just keep telling myself it's healthier and will help reach my length goal. Waist. Go for it!!!! You can do it

barely.there
April 13th, 2012, 04:11 PM
don't worry! I wash mine every 3 days and my hair is just fine :D washing your hair 2 times a week is an ACHIEVEMENT if you were trying to stop washing every day :)

yaaaayyyy :D

Kwantslonghair
April 13th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks barely.there. I have come a long way. 8 weeks ago my hair was horrible. Wore a tight ponytail in same place for 20 years. It really broke off my hair. I used an old metal brush and just brushed right through it. It has improved a lot. I even have new hair growing at hairline. Filling in spots that hasn't had hair in ages. :cheese:

PrincessIdril
April 13th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Welcome!
And there is nothing wrong with washing twice a week, I do and my hair is in ok shape. I skipped a wash this week and er yeah you can tell. My scalp looks so gross and my psorasis is starting to complain a bit so to say I'm looking forward to the next wash is an understatment!

sun-kissed
April 13th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Hey, if that's what works, do it! I tried for almost a year to stretch my hair from every day to once a week, and eventually decided that twice a week was going to have to do. I'm now much happier with my hair, and as long as I slather the conditioner and EVOO before/after I wash, it stays happy too.

ladylowtide
April 13th, 2012, 06:45 PM
When I joined LHC in December I washed my hair every three days, now I wash it once a week.

meeliah
April 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Growing up, i only ever washed my hair twice a week. I felt so guilty about it, but it got so dry evertime i washed it. My mom didn't believe in spending money on conditioner. I was so happy when i started researching long hair care and found out it was okay to go even longer without washing. I'm now up to 5-7 days, and i love it. However, in my new hair obsessed state, i'm having trouble keeping out of it. I've already washed my hair twice this week and i need to henna tomorrow. I find the pgychology involved fascinating.
Also, i'm with the Op... i can't wait to share photos!

|Xei
April 13th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I can't even make it to three days, haha. I wash every other day, so that averages out to 3-4 times a week. It's not a bad thing to wash your hair twice a week. If your hair is happy, and is not drying out from over-washing, then you don't really have a problem on your hands ;)

Dream^_^Catcher
April 13th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I used to wash my hair everyday but now i can go 3-4 days without washing it :)

HumanBean
April 13th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the LHC. Seems like some good progress is being made!

I wash mine once a week and it's just fine at that frequency. But I'm in my 40s and have been doing that since I was a teenager (more out of laziness then haircuts concerns). I used to apologize for it, or lie and say I did it more often. Funny how it's a point of pride here now!

MissHair
April 13th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the boards!

Valfreyja
April 13th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Honestly, I can't handle much more than 3 days. There are days when I still wash it every other day, I don't think (hopefully) my hair is committing suicide just yet. It takes time and patience and a lot of up-dos. It also helps for me to brush it back as sleek as I can manage and put maybe a hairband on, just to make it seem like the flat shininess is meant to be a look. I mean, as soon as I take it down again it's obviously just greasy, an absolute greaseball. However, if I slick it back with a boar bristle brush people won't know, will they.

So twice a week washes IS an achievement, I can't wait to get there myself, personally. Hats off to you.

Scarlett brooke
April 14th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Can't leave mine have to wash every other day! My little girl is always playing with it too and she has sticky fingers! lol! It's starting to thin badly on the ends shouldn't really let her but she enjoys it. She's only 3. Probably have to have a good cut soon.

KittyBird
April 14th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Twice a week is really good :)
I wash my hair once or twice a week, but I usually try to just wash once. It doesn't get particularly oily, just a bit at the front, so I don't really need to wash it that often. Also, I'm a bit lazy :p The only times I'm washing more than twice a week, is when I'm henndigoing my hair.

dwell_in_safety
April 14th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Twice a week is just fine! I recently lowered my washing to once a week (recently as in this week bahaha), but I washed it twice a week forever, if a WO wash with ACV rinse counts as a wash. I CO-wash, and the other would be/is with conditioner. Still, twice a week is a lot less often than much of the population at large, and if it's the best you can manage, it's OK to be happy with your hair. :)