PDA

View Full Version : April update!

Paladin
April 13th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Hi all,

Been a little while since I've posted so I thought I'd give y'all an update.Though I've been growing since the big buzz new year's 2011, this is about 11 months worth of growth since I trimmed a couple inches summer of last year (for stupid reasons I won't go into lol).

The restoration efforts continue and now I'm throwing every piece of junk I can get my hands on at my hair. I have a lot of new terminal hairs growing on my temples and parts of the hairline, places they've never been before even as a kid/teen. The crown is holding up but I'd still like to see some improvement there, but no real way to check for small new hairs since I can't look at the back of my own head...

In addition to the rest of my regimen I'm now using 1% Niz every day and have recently starting using minoxidil foam on the crown and frontal hairline area 2 additional times per day, which makes it a total of 4 applications per day for those spots (2 for the rest of my head). People have reported a huge difference in new growth when doing 4 times per day so we'll see what happens!

At any rate here are a couple pics:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c203/EdwardNorth/April01.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c203/EdwardNorth/April02.jpg

Not sure what else I could possibly add to the regimen but I'm pretty maxxed out at this point I think. Looking forward to your comments/feedback!

Seeshami
April 13th, 2012, 10:31 AM
It looks shiny! I absolutely love long dark haired gentleman, something mysterious about you all. That or an overactive imagination on my part. Anyways I think it looks great!

GlennaGirl
April 13th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Your hair is nice and shiny and smooth. It really suits your face, too. Nice progress!

leslissocool
April 13th, 2012, 10:47 AM
NICE!!! It definitively suits you too, and your hair is really shiny!

1nuitblanche
April 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM
It's cool that you get to see your hair go from 0" up since you started with a buzz! Your hair looks good. And I like the picture in the background.

jacqueline101
April 13th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Your hair has made great progress and its shiny.

einna
April 13th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Looks very good, like the shine and colour! =)

Paladin
April 13th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks guys! Appreciate the comments.

I'm not sure how I get it so shiny, unless the Nizoral plays a part. I rinse it out with warm water, condition immediately and leave the conditioner in for about 3 or 4 minutes. Then i rinse with as cold of water as I can stand.

I hope it doesn't look fake or "plastic" with this kind of shine... lol.

Edit -- here's my current regimen. Any suggestions as to anything else I could add for new growth/filling in the recovering areas?

- Nizoral 1% shampoo every day
- Finasteride 1.25mg per day
- Minoxidil 5% 2 times per day entire head, 4 times per day crown & hairline
- MN 2% (sometimes 4%) about every other day for hairline and crown
- Orange Triad vitamin stack
- Fish Oil
- 5,000 mcg Biotin
- MSM
- Cayenne pepper
- Saw Palmetto extract
- Nettle Root extract
- Bragg's ACV mixed with water (drink)
- BCAA's (for bodybuilding but supposed to promote hair growth too)

I tried DE for a little while but never really helped me so I stopped

Paladin
April 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Here's a side-by-side comparison of my old hair in October 2010 (1 month before buzzing it off) compared to my hair as of today:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c203/EdwardNorth/Comparison.jpg

I know you guys say that it wasn't that bad before, and I know i'm still not completely happy with where it's at yet recovery-wise, but I'm still completely amazed when I compare the old with the new!

I can't WAIT until it gets down to my shoulders and beyond... my tail was so thin before, hopefully now it will be nice and thick when the time comes!

Paladin
April 18th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Anyone have any suggestions about what else I could try adding? Someone on another forum suggested an inclusive B-Complex vitamin stack... thoughts?

Due to my shameless self bump here's another pic taken today... I really like the way my hair looks in this one. Switched to Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner and have been only lightly rinsing, having it as a partial leave-in really adds fullness and moisture I think. No more frizzies!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c203/EdwardNorth/Me041612.jpg

Capybara
April 18th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I love Hello Hydration! It smells divine.

I would check with a professional about the supplements. You don't want to overload and accidentally do more harm than good!

Your hair looks great!

Rhodugune
April 18th, 2012, 06:28 PM
I think you hair looks healthier, it has more shine!
It must feel great, congratulations! :flowers: