PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about typing

Tangles
July 25th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I'm confused. :o

I thought I was solidly 2b. But I've recently discovered that with the right technique (CO + damp bunning) I don't have waves, but CURLS. As in, ringlets (from the jawline down). Today I just put my hair in a bun for part of the day, and now I have boingy, big curls, not corkscrews but softer.

However, when I use shampoo, or just air dry w/o touching, or when my hair is dried out, I'm a wavy.

As a kid I had TB length hair that was smooth on top and had lots of cascading ringlets on the bottom.

Am I actually a curly? I'm SO confuzzled. I'm going to try to post a photo later, but my battery is charging right now.

ItalianFlower
July 25th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Maybe pick up a copy of Curly Girl: http://www.amazon.com/Curly-Girl-Lorraine-Massey/dp/0761123008. I had the same situation--I was a wavy but the MOMENT I started caring for my hair properly (a la Curly Girl) I was a TOTAL curl head. :)

Arctic
July 25th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hi! The hair typing should be done of freshly washed hair, that has air dried and not been manipulated, so no damp buns. But very cool you can coax your waves into curls!