PDA

View Full Version : BIG (little) step today

Jessy22284
April 13th, 2012, 05:09 AM
I know this probably didn't need a huge announcement... but I didn't shampoo my hair today... and wore my hair up to work :agape: which I NEVER do. I feel very insecure, but am trying to rock it anyway. It's just in a ponytail, with my bangs pulled on top out of my face so I don't play with them all day. On the positive side, my boyfriend told my that my hair looks like it's "flowing" last night. (i.e., growing like crazy per my boyfriend). :toast:

I hope everyone has a good day today! :)

Sisgoldenhair65
April 13th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Good for you, girl! I know it takes some getting used to looking at your exposed face but your eyes really do adjust. I read in one of your earlier posts that you are self conscious of your forehead. I also have a high forehead and at first it looked huuuge to me! Lol. I used to never wear my hair up until I got a job that required it. Now I wear my hair up everyday and I love it and I actually love my forehead and brows now! You're an adorable girl so I'm sure you're rocking it just fine. Just give it time. Also, congrats on the growth and your BF's appreciation of your hair!! It's always nice when they notice. :)

Tressie
April 13th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Congratulations!!! I know how you feel! I remember when I first started wearing my hair in a bun. I felt insecure and it took courage to hang in there. Now, I don't think people give it a second thought, and they probably didn't in the first place! LOL! :flower:

pepperminttea
April 13th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Good for you! :D It'll be second nature before you know it.

caiti42
April 13th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Congratulations! Baby steps :)

LaurelSpring
April 13th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I remember when I became determined to grow my hair and I started wearing it up, stretching washes, stopped using the blow dryer and curling iron. It was so weird at first. Now its second nature. Recently I added some layers to my hair and it was like OMG I dont want to go back to the blow dry curling iron routine...no way.

torrilin
April 13th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Hey, don't knock it. You made a step :D and a lot of the time the first step feels scariest.

buttercupmcgee
April 13th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Yay! One small step LHC, one giant leap for Jessy2284...

There are a bunch of cute updo tutorials on Youtube if you feel like experimenting and still feeling like you have a "style" when it's up/back. Check out Luxy Hair, my personal favorite.

Congrats!

Jessy22284
April 13th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and kind words!! :blossom:

whitedove
April 13th, 2012, 09:40 AM
:cheer: Well Done for today :joy:

I am like you, not used to having hair up. I have brought light scarfs for my neck as I didnt think my hair kept my neck so warm :).

Jessy22284
April 13th, 2012, 10:10 AM
:cheer: Well Done for today :joy:

I am like you, not used to having hair up. I have brought light scarfs for my neck as I didnt think my hair kept my neck so warm :).

:D That made me laugh! I'm in scrubs and wearing a hoodie today, my neck is nice and toasty right now. It was cold today on the walk in, though, I didn't even think about it!

jacqueline101
April 13th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Its always exciting doing new hair dos. I was scared to wear my hair up in front of my friends, family, and boy friend. I was afraid people would think I'm strange then I noticed some trendy up dos you can do. If the classics bother you try the trendy up dos.

swearnsue
April 13th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I can imagine you in a pony, I bet it looks really cute!

meeliah
April 13th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Congrats! I've been doing a lot of hairdos lately that I've never done before and it does take a concious effort to hold the head high with some of them.

Vallena
April 13th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I bet you look great! I almost always wear my hair up at work. Adjusting to less washes took time, but its so worth it for me.

Jessy22284
April 13th, 2012, 12:26 PM
:cloud9:Aw thanks!! Ponytail is usually my go-to updo because it's what I run in and what I'm used to; my hair is a little to thin for buns right now. Jacqueline you've inspired me to look up some updos - I think I'm going to try some fish plaits and side braids, but my hair is layered, so we'll see how it goes. I'm pretty motivated right now... maybe I can make this a bi (errrr mayble tri weekly...) thing?? :)