PDA

View Full Version : Viviscal

Mrs.Witherup
April 13th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Anyone tried it?? Results??

swearnsue
April 13th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I never heard of it. I googled it quickly and couldn't easily find a list of ingredients for the supplements or hair products.

HintOfMint
April 13th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I think I've read about it in Harper's Bazaar or Vogue. Some supplement to grow hair faster, and apparently some high profile models use it.

Here's the Ulta link, maybe check out a few reviews there.
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3560105

leilasahhar
April 13th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I havent tried that, but hair essentials I tried for the one month supply. IT WORKED, beginning the 2nd week my hair was bouncy and full like a plant that is blooming and growing lol. I just havent repurchased because it is expensive.

RitaPG
April 13th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I never met anyone personally who tried it, but that is an extremely popular product around here. One of our well known actress claimed she took it a while after her brother passed away, it seems she lost almost all her hair in three months and yet now she actually has a nice head of hair.
I think that product was developed in Finland, there is a shampoo, conditioner and lotion besides the tablets.

Ingredients (found them in a Portuguese website)

AminoMar C™ Marine Complex - strengthens the essencial proteins needed for hair nutrition and promote growth of the existing hair
Equisetum extract - a form of organic silica that increases the hair strength and revitalizes
Vitamin C - Provenient from acerola cherry (major source of Vitamin C), with anti-oxidant properties

nutricional value in 100g:
Protein: 22g
Fat: 1g
Carbohidrates: 44g
Energy: 1150 kJ/275 Kcal

Other Ingredients:
AminoMar C™ (Marine Protein Extract), Acerola Cherry Extract (Malphigia Glabra L), Microcrystalline Cellulose (E460), Horsetail Extract (Equisetum Arvense L.), Natural Orange Flavour, Magnesium Stearate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (E464), Glycerol.

one pill of Viviscal Maximum Strength contains:
Viviscal Sea protein extract (?): 300mg
Acerola cherry extract: (Vitamin C 30mg: 50% DDR) 120mg
Equisetum extract equivalent to: 30mg

Hope I translated that well. It seems to me just like any other hair supplement. Personally I wouldn't take this one if I had hairloss before knowing the causes, for example if I have Iron deficiency anemia, taking this supplement would just be a waste of money.
But it is considered a good product and I read good reviews.

missmelaniem
May 14th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I'm taking Viviscal and its working for me. I've taken it for a couple of months (going on three now) and I see tons of fine hairs coming in. It even seems to help with my gray. I've never heard of anyone reporting such results, but I have to color less often. It may have made my gray less resistant to color... thats what I suspect

Vanille_
May 14th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Amazon Reviews (http://www.amazon.com/Viviscal-Strength-Nutrient-Tablets-60-Tablets/product-reviews/B002JPJ2ZS/ref=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1)

Sorry, I don't have any personal experience with this product.

Honeyfall
May 14th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I tried it some time ago, but only for about three months. I don't think I saw massive growth from it in that time, but my hair did feel stronger and healthier overall. Unfortunately my scalp also seemed to get a lot more oily - a plus if your hair is dry, mine is not so it kind of sucked - so I stopped taking it. I am considering trying it again in the winter, when it is more dry. Maybe it'll break the winter growth slump?

fashionaddict
May 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I have used Viviscal and would recommend it. It increased the overall health of my hair and gave it volume and strength. Also, my shred rate decreased significantly. I would still be using it now, but it is quite expensive here (much more so than in the US) and I simply cannot afford it at the moment. So if you can afford it - go for it! :)

akilina
May 17th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I LOVED the supplement. It just really seemed to work for me. I also got the shampoo and conditioner which i really did not care for at all. I still have it.
The sad part is....I was taking the supplement and I loved it and I had a whole sheet left of the pills (theyre in a little foil punch out thing) and my DOG ate them!! I wanted to kill him.(not really.) They were far too expensive to buy it again though so I just got over it.