PDA

View Full Version : Big Chops!

CaityBear
April 12th, 2012, 12:26 PM
AHH! I had this all typed out then accidentally closed the tab! Grr!!

Basically, I've known since last year some time I was going to cut my hair to chin length. Then my friend (IStand4U on here) and I decided to cut together then a few months ago we discussed going really short. Which made me excited to do it even though I've NEVER gone this short before. Originally we decided for sure early May to chop then randomly on Monday she asked if I wanted to do it Wednesday and I jumped. She called the salon Tuesday and booked us appointments and we did it!

I know for sure I won't regret it. I will probably miss the long hair when I see pretty updos and can't do them...but even when I had long hair I never did anything with it so hopefully when I have my long hair again I will be more motivated to do more updos with my hair.

I plan on slowly growing it out. I might play around with different styles as it grows from this but for sure once I can do a layered chin length cut I will get my friend to do that and I will stay at chin for a few months then I'm going to grow it out again and probably maintain around hip.

Anyway! Enough talk! Here are some pictures!!

BEFORE:
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/CaityBear06/IMG_4464.jpg

AFTER:
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/CaityBear06/IMG_4503.jpg
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/CaityBear06/IMG_4494.jpg
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/CaityBear06/IMG_4496.jpg

Our friend took pictures while I was getting my hair cut and she has more after pictures but I haven't gotten the pictures yet and didn't want to wait to post. I will add more if I get those pictures in the next day or two.

My braid measures out at 23 inches!

ETA: And not to mention pretty much nobody knows I cut my hair! A few people know I was planning on cutting my hair in May and to chin length...nobody knows I did it yesterday AND that I went that short...I'm going to be seeing my parents this weekend and a good friend of mine and I think they will all be soooo shocked to see my hair since I'm not telling them first. :P

PrairieRose
April 12th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Very pretty!

turtlelover
April 12th, 2012, 12:35 PM
That would definitely qualify as a BIG CHOP.

:agape:
Hope you enjoy it!

Loreley
April 12th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Wow, that's what I call a drastic change! Your new style looks so cute! :D

shutterpillar
April 12th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I think the new haircut looks great on you! a HUGE step that you seem to be taking extremely gracefully. I would be a mess! lol.

Have you decided what you will do with your braid?

FrozenBritannia
April 12th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Holy cow! thats a cut!!

Amber_Maiden
April 12th, 2012, 12:42 PM
WOW! That's a huge chop!!! I think your haircut looks very cute!

littleizz
April 12th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've always only ever done big chops, though never that much!! My biggest was about waist to an angled bob. Such a nice shock effect. :D

TiffanieJean
April 12th, 2012, 12:43 PM
:thud: !

That is definitely a BIG CHOP! Looks great tho.

I've only had 1 big chop. I was 10 and donated 18'' to locks of love. I hated the short hair, and I've had at least APL since.

Vallena
April 12th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Oh my, that's a HUGE chop! Did you keep the hair? I kept mine after my last one, and I've thought about using it as extensions.

spidermom
April 12th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Oh my goodness; what is going on around here lately? Hair is falling like dominos!

Short hair does have its advantages; I know that. Enjoy!

PinkyCat
April 12th, 2012, 12:54 PM
That's amazing! What does it feel like? Does your head feel lighter?

CaityBear
April 12th, 2012, 01:02 PM
That's amazing! What does it feel like? Does your head feel lighter?

My head doesn't really feel any lighter. I think just because my hair was so thin and fine to begin with so there wasn't much weight to it. Though it feels soooo weird when I shake my head or finger comb my hair. It feels soo weird in that sense! lol

XcaliburGirl
April 12th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Very cute! I hope you enjoy it.

lapushka
April 12th, 2012, 01:28 PM
That's a big chop and a big change alright! Aren't you sorry you cut it? I would be.
Like your new haircut, though! :)

BrightEyes
April 12th, 2012, 01:46 PM
How adorable!! Your cut looks so cute on you:) These chops are making me so tempted to cut mine even shorter. Must resist......must resist.....

I may have to take a break from the LHC if more people get such adorable cuts....to keep myself from cutting:p

Springpaw
April 12th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Your new haircut looks really good on you! And you're really cute! :p
I've done big chops too (not that much though!), and not feeling your hair on your back, especially in the shower, can be such a relief :)

embee
April 12th, 2012, 01:59 PM
You look very cute with that short cut! :)

auroraclio
April 12th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Wowza! Must say, you look great with your new short do!

leslissocool
April 12th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I think it looks great on you! :cheese: I hope you're happy with it, It's a big change, but I really think it suits you!

long&blonde
April 12th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Your "After" is so cute, it's tempting!

Grillz
April 12th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Your cut is adorable! I love it! Just wait until you wash your hair next.. it's going to feel soooooo weird!!!

patienceneeded
April 12th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Very cute! Short hair suits you!

jacqueline101
April 12th, 2012, 07:19 PM
That was a huge chop.

DakarNick
April 12th, 2012, 08:00 PM
:( but it's cute and all that matters is that you like it.

I see your braid is only 23". That's 17" shorter (give or take some length the braid eats up) than the 40" it was. Was it cut at shoulder length first?

savannahlove
April 12th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Baha, definitely a huge chop. The new cut looks so cute though, makes me want to do the same!

cwarren
April 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM
:( That was a HUGE chop! But at least you're one of those people who looks good with either long hair or short hair!

annamoonfairy
April 12th, 2012, 08:37 PM
It looks cute on you : )

MagicAndMayhem
April 12th, 2012, 08:43 PM
The new 'do looks very flattering on you :) pretty!

thirstylocks
April 12th, 2012, 09:26 PM
WOW I cut my waist length hair last year to about shoulder length and then grew out to APL and cut it just below the chin - and I thought I went for the big chops!!

It looks great! My only regret when I cut my hair was not going shorter (Because I knew this would be the only time in my life I'd ever go that short in the first place).

Tia2010
April 12th, 2012, 09:41 PM
WOW! That's a huge chop! :thudpile: It looks cute on you!

PurplePenguin
April 12th, 2012, 09:42 PM
The new style looks amazing! You really have the perfect face for a short cut like that! Super duper uber cute!

CaityBear
April 12th, 2012, 10:30 PM
:( but it's cute and all that matters is that you like it.

I see your braid is only 23". That's 17" shorter (give or take some length the braid eats up) than the 40" it was. Was it cut at shoulder length first?

Well, the 40 is from my hairline down to the ends so it's not necessarily the full length. I think she cut pretty much right at the base of my neck so what's left would be the length from my hairline to my neck.

kamikaze hair
April 13th, 2012, 10:27 AM
:thud: my god your hair looks so beautiful short!!! I love it!!

(but yes your hair was beautiful before the big chop as well)

1nuitblanche
April 13th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Wow! That is a huge chop! Your hair was gorgeous before but I like your new haircut too - it's cute!

~BoHemiAngel~
April 13th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Wow, beautiful cut, caitybear! It looks so pretty on you! I'm curious to know how your family and close friends reacted when you revealed the "big surprise?" :D

CaityBear
April 13th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Wow, beautiful cut, caitybear! It looks so pretty on you! I'm curious to know how your family and close friends reacted when you revealed the "big surprise?" :D

So far most haven't seen it yet. lol My boyfriend and little brother were with me and saw me right after the cut and both jaws dropped and they were in major shock for a while. And I had a few friends see me (sisters of a girl who came with me) and they weren't as shocked.

Saturday my dad will see and Sunday my mom and cousin will see. :) Then I will probably reveal on Facebook next week sometime.

punkcatknitter
April 13th, 2012, 12:05 PM
That is a huge chop!!! I did that once, not nearly that long, but I cut off a good 12-15". I think I got all my short hair desires out before I decided to grow it out long again, although I sometimes miss the way short hair feels when you shake your head. :)

That cut looks fabulous on you, though!

Kome
April 13th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mah gosh. I cried inside. Haha. However, it looks REALLY adorable on you and that headband just tops it off. hehe. :)

RapunzelKat
April 13th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Oh, that is so cute!! :D I love it, it looks fantastic on you.

Enjoy your short hair! It's such fun to play with - after I chopped mine a while back I had a blast changing the cut and color every six weeks or so. :thumbsup:

CaityBear
April 13th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Oh, that is so cute!! :D I love it, it looks fantastic on you.

Enjoy your short hair! It's such fun to play with - after I chopped mine a while back I had a blast changing the cut and color every six weeks or so. :thumbsup:

I plan on dying a few chunks with really bright colours once or twice but that's all. Part of the reason I cut my hair was to go back to my natural colour so I can grow it out again. lol

But I'm very excited to go through the growing out process and try all sorts of updos that I couldn't do because I found them AFTER my hair was too long to do them. haha

oktobergoud
April 13th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Woah, very bold choice! I think your hair looks supercute now :D I'm just growing out my pixie and I already miss how easy it was (when washing, not how it looked like when I woke up :P) and soft and everything aah!

Anyway, it looks really good on you! :)

Oh and if you want to, you can join us at the SuperShorties thread :D

Lissandria
April 13th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I just adored your long hair but short is so cute and suits you well. Enjoy it :)

IStand4u
April 14th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I still love it! Oh come to the store today, we have snap peas on sale for a snack on the way home :)

Scarlett brooke
April 14th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I really want to cut my hair now..... It looks fab. My other half loves long hair tho. Would you style your hair to please your partner or just do what you want?

RitaPG
April 14th, 2012, 09:09 AM
That looks beautiful! :D I love it! The wispy bangs suit your face beautifully.

Carrie Ingalls
April 14th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Oh my goodness; what is going on around here lately? Hair is falling like dominos!

Short hair does have its advantages; I know that. Enjoy!

I was thinking the same thing! Although most of the threads I have seen have seemed sufficiently premeditated (including this one).

Laululintu
April 14th, 2012, 10:44 AM
That's definitely one BIG chop :D Your hair is lovely both ways!

Anywhere
April 14th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I think it suits you very well.:D

CaityBear
April 14th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I really want to cut my hair now..... It looks fab. My other half loves long hair tho. Would you style your hair to please your partner or just do what you want?

Do whatever you want!!! My boyfriend actually wasn't too fond of the idea of me cutting it really short at first. It took him a while to get used to my hair. But by the end of the day he was playing with my hair more than I was!! lol

ETA: and not to mention if your other half really cares about you they won't be mad if you cut your hair.

KittyBird
April 15th, 2012, 11:24 AM
So pretty! The pixie cut suits you really well :)

FamBam
April 15th, 2012, 03:14 PM
That's a big chop! but it looks really nice on you, you seem to suit the shorter hair :) It must feel very refreshing after such a drastic change.
I am so very tempted to cut after seeing your result and I must say the condition of your hair looks really great, even at such a long length.
I hope you like it and remember... hair always grows back!
x

CaityBear
April 15th, 2012, 04:06 PM
That's a big chop! but it looks really nice on you, you seem to suit the shorter hair :) It must feel very refreshing after such a drastic change.
I am so very tempted to cut after seeing your result and I must say the condition of your hair looks really great, even at such a long length.
I hope you like it and remember... hair always grows back!
x

Thank you! The stylist said my hair was in really good condition for how long it was. :) I was actually shocked because I haven't been treating my hair that nicely in the last few months...

Valfreyja
April 15th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Wow, I remember doing this kind of big chop, my mother nearly got a heart attack. I went from hip/tailbone to 3 inch short black spikes, haha. Love your look so much!! I have to say I also love how the red looks with your long hair, is it henna by any chance? I know that coloured hair is a pain to keep up though, I can't wait to see it grown out all natural. :)

and not to mention if your other half really cares about you they won't be mad if you cut your hair.

Exactly!!

CaityBear
April 15th, 2012, 05:40 PM
I have to say I also love how the red looks with your long hair, is it henna by any chance? I know that coloured hair is a pain to keep up though, I can't wait to see it grown out all natural. :)

Yup, it's henna. I've been hennaing for three years...or four? Can't remember so I decided it's about time to go back to natural colour. Or else I'd have to eventually try to chemical dye to my natural colour since I don't plan on doing a chop like this again in the next ten years or more.

I think one of the things I'm going to miss most is my red to be honest. Not so much the length. lol