PDA

View Full Version : Please Recommend

TwilightBloom
April 12th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Ok so I did the color on my hair, the new ammonia free color and I love it. I infused my hair with oils while it was coloring. I covered all my grays, and now i don't have that ugly mousy color that i had. I am happy with my decision. What i need now, is to know how to keep my color from fading so fast. I bought the garnier color conditioner. it is supposed to protect against uva/uvb rays, and that is def what my hair needs, but it has cones and i have been cone free for almost a year. I have been using abry organics shampoo and i love it. What else is there in the way of sulfate free, cone free, shampoo and conditioners that protect color. I know there are lists, but trying to sort out certain things is pretty near impossible to do. I would very much appreciate it, if you all could give me some suggestions, and if i do have to keep using cones, to get color protection, what kind of shampoo should i use to clarify, because i know i will have some build up. I really do want to protect the color, and the health of my hair. I think i will be ok to use the abry shampoo, and the garnier color conditioner, but what should i use to cut that buildup that i will probably get? Thanks so much for any help.. And i also wanted to say, that i don't have anything against gray hair, its just my natural color had gotten so mousy, and i had salt and pepper, if i could have had streaks, i would have probably been happy with it, but oh well. I know i will never bleach again, so that is one great thing that i can do for my hair. Thanks again for any help...

rock007junkie
April 12th, 2012, 08:46 AM
If I'm not mistaken what strips color from hair are sulfates so using any sulfate-free shampoo should solve that issue. The one I would personally recommend is a cleasing conditioner by Curl Junkie called "Daily fix". Super moisturizing, cleanses well and acts as a chelating agent. Good luck

Anje
April 12th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Have you ever tried CO washing? It's not for everyone (some scalps love it, some scalps hate it), but even though it usually lacks UV protection for hair, it usually results in far less fading of hair color than using shampoos, and non-sulfate shampoos usually protect hair color better than sulfate ones, even if that means going cone-free with the conditioner. Using harsher cleansers, not the sun, is the biggest culprit in hair color fading.

TwilightBloom
April 12th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks Ladies, I have tried to CO, and i do that sometimes still, but my hair always seemed to not like it if i repeated it.. I stretch my washes, anywhere from every 2 to 4 days, and I started using the aubry because it was gentle, with no sulphates. I am thinking that it will be gentle enough to keep using on my hair. I dilute it 1 oz of shampoo to 7 ozs of water. I was my scalp twice, i always put conditioner on my ends before each wash, I know they need to be protected. I think what i am doing is working, i have to find a new conditioner anyway though because the garnier fructis triple nutrition has started having cones. Im gonna finish out my new bottle of the color care garneir, and see if it gives me a buildup. I am also going to try to co, as much as possible. Thanks ladies. I am also going to check out the Curl Junkie, thanks so much.. I am so glad to be happy with my hair at this time. After my big shed i didn't think i could be.. Yay:cheese: