PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite every day style?

Fairlight63
April 11th, 2012, 10:47 AM
My hair is getting about hip length & I am starting to wonder what to do with it for every day styles. I stay at home most of the time. So I usually just put it in a braided bun with a ficcare clip.

So what is your favorite stay at home hair do?

sun-kissed
April 11th, 2012, 11:01 AM
I change out my every-day bun every few months, but can't be bothered to change it up daily or even weekly. My hair is either down, in a french/dutch braid, or up in the bun.
Right now I'm using the Wrap Bun (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=202) I found in the articles section. It's easy to change around so that I'm not pulling on one little section of scalp for days on end. I also think it makes my hair appear thicker, which is a plus because usually my buns are just itty little lumps on the back of my head. :p

rosaacicularis
April 11th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I love the look of hair that's low and off to one side, so I do that pretty regularly in the form of a sock bun or single braid. It's good for lounging about during the day because I like to play with my hair, and either 'do is easy to take down and put back up when I'm done combing or preening or whatnot.

My hair is BSL and starting to feel a little bit heavy these days, so I'm starting to alternate sides more often. For me, the higher the hair, the bigger the headache! Probably going to have to get creative with my routine when it gets longer.

shutterpillar
April 11th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Mine is nowhere near hip length yet, but my favorite is the sock bun. I am right on the edge of being able to do stuff with it bun/twist wise. Until it grows a few more inches, sock bun is what I usually do. It looks decent and it keeps the wind from destroying my hair.

lapushka
April 11th, 2012, 11:18 AM
The easiest style for me is a peacock twist, wrapped up around itself a few times due to the length (waist), secured with a claw clip (mostly) or flexi8.

WaitingSoLong
April 11th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Right now it is the Gibralter with a ficcare. It is easy, secure, and even looks good. A lady at my church did not believe me when I said it only takes me a couple minutes (at most) to do my hair.

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/DSC01109a-1.jpg

Firefly
April 11th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I'm nearing hip, and my two favorite up-and-out-of-the-way styles are a lazy wrap bun and this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=699&pictureid=130423) that I created while playing around with my new Ficarre. Both can be done in under 30 seconds, and hold all day.

PS. Gorgeous bun, WSL!

Loreley
April 11th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I almost always wear a cinnamon bun. I make the modified version when I secure it with a single hair stick but I have a new conditioner now which makes my hair so silky and slippery, that I just can't secure my bun with sticks. I use 2 big butterfly shaped claw clips now.

Colourful
April 11th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I am very simple when it comes to hairstyles. A simple ponytail works for me.

torrilin
April 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Plain English braid(s), either single or twin. Braids may or may not get pinned up.

Variations on LaDollyVita33's Little Black Dress (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNcEt-mTVKM&list=PLF328B7C305D1780C&index=4&feature=plpp_video). For my hair, doing the 2 little buns doesn't work, but doing a vortex does.

Celtic knot bun, usually held with U shaped pins.

XcaliburGirl
April 11th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Now: Peacock Twist or Ponytail

Then (hip length): Cinnamon/bee-butt bun with two hairsticks

Tealpuffin
April 11th, 2012, 01:15 PM
My hair is only at APL but my day-to-day style is definitely a topknot! so easy to just put it up.

pes3108
April 11th, 2012, 01:32 PM
side english braid. Simple and neat. I like to play with my hair so if i take it down, it takes about 30 seconds to re-do. And it is perfect for when I wake up 10 minutes before class is supposed to start!

Sometimes if I have more time, I will french braid my hair starting at the side it's parted on and work my way to the other side and end up with a side braid. Gives it a little more flair :p

WaitingSoLong
April 11th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I have a new conditioner now which makes my hair so silky and slippery

ooohhh, and it is?

Amber_Maiden
April 11th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I leave it down, or put it up in a messy bun.

Madora
April 11th, 2012, 02:07 PM
A coiled, loosely braided bun on the top of my head. Comfy and I don't have to redo it for bedtime.

Bagginslover
April 11th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Either down, or in my modified verson of the orchid bun (my BSL hair isn't long enough to wrap around properly, so I wrap the endsound the stick ;) )

dwell_in_safety
April 11th, 2012, 02:35 PM
At this length, lazy wrap bun. Takes a few seconds.

jacqueline101
April 11th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Loose messy bun.

melusine963
April 11th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I've worn a cinnabun for the last few months. Lately I've been getting bored of it and trying new styles (faux crown braid, figure of 8 bun, pinned up French braid, etc.). Currently my style is dictated by how late I'm running for work.

hyettf16
April 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
A high cinnamon bun underneath a hat or just a plain braid.

Freckled.Thing
April 11th, 2012, 04:52 PM
My go to is a nautilus bun but occasionally I throw in a Gibraltar, lazy-wrap, or figure-8 bun, and of course sometimes just a simple braid.

Loreley
April 12th, 2012, 11:07 AM
ooohhh, and it is?

It's Wella Pro Series Repair conditioner. :)

Macaroni
April 12th, 2012, 11:11 AM
If it's not in a low pony, it's in a chignon or coiled on top of my head.

kamikaze hair
April 12th, 2012, 11:35 AM
High Cinnabun right on top of my head because its my sleep 'do most nights, so if I'm not doing much the next day, or not going out at all, I don't bother taking it out of its bun. If not, then top knot bun works really well for a quick updo. plus I don't have to necessarily comb my hair lots if I have to do a top knot bun literally on the go, when I'm moving from indoors to outdoor, or getting off a bus or whatever.

silverpiper
April 12th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I wear the flipped bun for work. It's so easy and looks good.