PDA

View Full Version : Hair sticks at Walgreens? Yes!

ravenreed
April 10th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I found some cute, inexpensive, wood and glass or wood and stone hair sticks at the cosmetics counter at my local Walgreens for $3.00. That is not a typo. I only grabbed one but I am pleased with it so far. It may need a bit of sanding at the tip, and is only 5 inches long (functional length), but the stick portion feels fairly sturdy so it may be a good starter stick for someone who doesn't want to spend much money. I chose peach glass because I don't have any peach sticks.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1988&pictureid=130597

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1988&pictureid=130596

Happy hunting!

cindy58
April 10th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Cool! That's about the length I like.

ravenreed
April 10th, 2012, 07:13 PM
For topped sticks, I like 5 inches FL too. It seems just long enough to show off the stick, without too much poking out of my bun and stabbing huggy friends. Youngest son and my mom both said that it reminds them of a Harry Potter wand. It really is adorable.

embee
April 10th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Now where is my local Walgreens.... Hmmmmmmmm.... :)

That's a nice stick, hope it holds up, although epoxy is a wonderful fixer! :)

lastnite
April 10th, 2012, 08:44 PM
pretty! I'll have to checkout walgreens tomorrow.

Mina17
April 10th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Great find! Could hair sticks be coming in style IRL?

Seeshami
April 10th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I am so tempted to visit Walgreens.....hmmm to shop or not to shop.

Venefica
April 10th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Oh that is a pretty hairstick, and for 3 dollars that is amazing. Now I wish there where a Wallgreens near me, but they do not have stores in Norway unfortunately. :( Let me say though that your bun is stunning and that your new hairstick's color is perfect for it.

ravenreed
April 11th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Great find! Could hair sticks be coming in style IRL?

I was just telling my mom today that long hair care items seem to be getting more mainstream.

Oh that is a pretty hairstick, and for 3 dollars that is amazing. Now I wish there where a Wallgreens near me, but they do not have stores in Norway unfortunately. :( Let me say though that your bun is stunning and that your new hairstick's color is perfect for it.

Thanks so much!