PDA

View Full Version : Countdown To Big Haircut !!

UltraBella
April 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM
It is 30 minutes until my haircut, the haircut I have been impatient for and the four weeks of waiting have been driving me nuts. Now it's finally here and I have to admit : my heart is pounding a bit harder/faster than normal ! I still think I am ready for a large change but I am apparently having a bit of hair induced anxiety.

Has this happened to you ?

ETA : photos added a few pages in........ and before and afters on post #90 :)

jeniffer
April 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I once cut it short, from down my butt to shoulders, many years ago, I had the same thing, but as soon as I saw the new hairdo I forgot all about it. Now its long again, but its nice to know that short hair also suits me. I saw some of your older pictures with shorter hair, you looked great! Have fun today! Im sure youll love it!

XcaliburGirl
April 10th, 2012, 02:09 PM
When I cut my hair short, I was really nervous. Do I regret it now? Not really. I wish my hair was longer now, but I had to try short hair. I get kind of nervous every time I get my hair cut, though, even for trims.

You'll be fine. You aren't doing something impulsive or to take out emotions on your hair, or something like that.

Good luck! We are waiting for pictures.

*subscribe*

PeachyWavy
April 10th, 2012, 02:09 PM
In a word - yes! I get nervous every single time there's a hairdresser with some scissors! A lot less now than I ever used to be, after a single bad haircut - I was scarred! The thing is, it was exactly what I asked for, so now I understand the terminology more, I'm much less worried!

Good luck, can't wait to see how it turns out! What did you decide to go for in the end?

PinkyCat
April 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Well the good news is you have a hairdresser who does awesome. It's not like you're going into a random salon where they have no idea how you like your hair.

jeniffer
April 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM
oh, make sure to take some before and after pictures, I forgot to do that when I cut mine, wish I had asked the hairdresser back then.

carolyncasl
April 10th, 2012, 02:15 PM
It's the moment of anticipation. It's never happened to me regarding my hair because I've never planned on having a big chop for weeks and weeks. The only time I got a lot cut off, I went to the hair cuttery at the end of 2003 and told them to cut 2" instead of 1" and they cut like 3". It was still long (APLish), but it was short for me. I liked it, though. It was just strange looking at myself in the mirror for awhile. And I remember how it felt running my hands through it. It was like "Where'd it all go?" It felt really short, but it looked nice. I have always battled split ends, so I think that one time, I was sick of the ratty ends and decided to cut off more than I normally would have.

Anyway, good luck!

pink.sara
April 10th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Oh god yes!
The big chop from classic to shoulder was terrifying! I actually sat there looking in the mirror running it through my hands with a major stress headache... but when it was all off it felt amazing!
It's pretty liberating to lose a big mop all at once.

I hope you love it :)

leslissocool
April 10th, 2012, 02:19 PM
:popcorn: Looking forward to the pictures! I hope you really like it!

spidermom
April 10th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Be sure to post a before and after!

BrightEyes
April 10th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Can't wait to see pics! It's going to be beautiful.

UltraBella
April 10th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I am sitting here with some foils on my head, adding some subtle highlights. Then comes the cut ! Not telling what I decided, you all will just have to wait and see ;)

Honestly, still really nervous.

joflakes
April 10th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Eek! Good luck.

spidermom
April 10th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Gah! How many times do I have to check this thread before I get gratification!?

tokitoki
April 10th, 2012, 03:53 PM
haha I'm dying to see the results as well!

TeaGarden
April 10th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I get nervous every time! I even go to a stylist that's a close friend who understands how I feel about cutting my hair. I still get scared.

Can't wait to see your new do!

swearnsue
April 10th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Anticipation! Can't wait to see, I bet it will look great!

AMW
April 10th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I'm so excited for you .... You are so brave! Can't wait to see pics =)

Carissamarie08
April 10th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Cant wait to see!

AMW
April 10th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Spidermom you are the funniest =)

Calaelen
April 10th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Subscribes* Also did you see what I did to my hair while you were away, Ultrabella?? http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91479 That caused me quite a lot of anxiety!!!

ETA: Aww, I see you did see. Thank you! Coming from my #1 hair and beauty idol that means so much!

pepperminttea
April 10th, 2012, 04:36 PM
:popcorn: Can't wait to see!

Sisgoldenhair65
April 10th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I'm sure it will look great!! Good luck and can't wait to see the pics!

spidermom
April 10th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I didn't know you could subscribe to a thread (and I've been here going on 7 years).

Maelyssa
April 10th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I'm dying to see the results already! Lol

Brenda714
April 10th, 2012, 04:46 PM
oh UltraBella, I've been on pins and needles for you ever since you decided you were gearing up for a big change. Oh my yes, I get nervous even for trims. But I can imagine it is much harder to make a dramatic change. You have such a pretty face, whatever you do will look wonderful. Just realize at first it may be a little shock because you get used to seeing yourself a certain way, but you will get used to it and learn how to work it. Can hardly wait to see pictures, we are all eagerly waiting. So work it pretty girl!!!

Amethyste
April 10th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Argh.......... I feel like a druggie needing a fix lol :D

Littlewing13
April 10th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I cant wait to see! I feel like im waiting for the next episode of my favourite show, right when there was a cliffhanger ending of the previous episode! Better put pics up right away!

Calaelen
April 10th, 2012, 05:26 PM
^ me too! fulfill me already!!!

Calaelen
April 10th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I didn't know you could subscribe to a thread (and I've been here going on 7 years).

I didn't know until I posted my thread about my big change. Then after so many said it, I went searching to see if it was a real thing..lol :)

Carrie Ingalls
April 10th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Looking forward to seeing your new do.

I get a little nervous when I think about the big (for me) cut I am planning on getting in the next month or so, and I have been pondering this particular cut for 6+ months and the idea of a cut (trims don't count) for much longer. I'm sure I'll be excited/nervous when the actual day and moment comes.

Darkessa
April 10th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Want see!!!! :D

PrairieRose
April 10th, 2012, 05:45 PM
The suspense is killing me!!!:D

Laylah
April 10th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I got one disastrous haircut and I was afraid to cut my hair after that... I'd get the stomach flutters and a feeling of dread, but it's been years since then. After each good experience I have with a haircut, I am less scared the next time! I am actually starting to enjoy getting trims because I like the "pampered" feeling... just relaxing with no worries while someone does my hair. It's like going to the spa or something.

Rockferry
April 10th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I can't wait to see!

dwell_in_safety
April 10th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Waaaaaiiiiiitiiiiiiiiing! :D

Unicorn
April 10th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I can't wait to see the new cut.

nicorn

IStand4u
April 10th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I cannot wait to see UltraBella! I'm doing a huge change tomorrow as well and I'm getting a little bit of anxiety from it! Pictures! You are a huge beauty idol to me!

holothuroidea
April 10th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Sub dance

:disco:

leslissocool
April 10th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I keep opening the thread thinking the pics will be in!

PixxieStix
April 10th, 2012, 06:29 PM
This thread needs pictures UltraBella! :D

Vanilla
April 10th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Gaaaaa still no pictures?!

We are on the edge of our seats.

FrozenBritannia
April 10th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Jeez, no pictures yet? Subscribing!

holomi
April 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Pictures! Please!

UltraBella
April 10th, 2012, 06:54 PM
OMG you guys, you will have to forgive me. The cut is done, one second I think I love it and the next second I am not so sure........ The reason I have not posted pictures is because it took FOREVER and when I left the salon I had to come straight to the airport - my daughter is coming back from spring break at her dad's. I thought I would have time to go home first !!
I will get them up as soon as humanly possible. Maybe I will even figure out how I feel about it by then too, lol.

spidermom
April 10th, 2012, 06:55 PM
This is not acceptable, UltraBella. (haha; just yanking your chain)

Ligeia_13
April 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Aw I saw you posted here and I was all excited :D

holothuroidea
April 10th, 2012, 06:57 PM
UB, you are such a tease!! I got all excited when I saw your name as the most recent poster. :p

I'm probably really annoying all the subscribers waiting impatiently for pictures with my non-quality post. Sorry guys!! :D :D

patienceneeded
April 10th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Seriously? We want pics! I'm sure you look fabulous, you always do!

iSuperHeroic
April 10th, 2012, 07:20 PM
The wait is killing us!

swearnsue
April 10th, 2012, 07:25 PM
UltraBella, if you don't show up soon I'm going to call Nancy Grace! She will unleash the lawyers and they will find you! Seriously though, I hope you like your new style/cut.

my2cats1
April 10th, 2012, 07:38 PM
UltraBella, if you don't show up soon I'm going to call Nancy Grace! She will unleash the lawyers and they will find you!

:rollin::rollin::rollin:

Better make that two photos -- we want to see both the front and back of your new cut, UltraBella!

Amethyste
April 10th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I am about to call the Marines!!!

alyanna
April 10th, 2012, 07:45 PM
:popcorn:

I'm running out of popcorn... :D

sun-kissed
April 10th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Dear God, please help UltraBella to see our pain and take pity on us, for we have been waiting for what seems like an endless eternity and may not be able to live with ourselves much longer without her beautiful pictures. Please, let her get on, and post the photos, so that we may be at rest, and finally have the hairpics for which we have waited so long to view. :pray:

xoxophelia
April 10th, 2012, 07:54 PM
meh now I have to wait like the rest of you.. -_-'

I think everybody is living vicariously through your hair cuts haha

UltraBella
April 10th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Fine ! Here's an over-exposed airport bathroom photo taken with my cell phone :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/a48552c0.jpg

And natural lighting :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/0c54a848.jpg

I have my bang area clipped back because my stylist never styles that area the way I like.

GlennaGirl
April 10th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I think it looks adorable.

Vanilla
April 10th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I like it! It looks even more bouncy than your BSL haircut.

What don't you like about the cut?

Amethyste
April 10th, 2012, 07:59 PM
It looks awesome Ultra! You are so prettiful!! :D

MinderMutsig
April 10th, 2012, 08:00 PM
It looks good! And it doesn't look that short at all. I think if you would straighten it out you'd still be at BSL.

I hope you're happy with your new cut! It must feel like you lost a couple of pounds just from your head.

spidermom
April 10th, 2012, 08:01 PM
It looks like the former cut!

sun-kissed
April 10th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Is your hair magic?! How can it always look SO GOOD no matter what you decide to do with it? Lovely, just lovely.

Carissamarie08
I like it, looking good.

holomi
Very pretty!

FrozenBritannia
April 10th, 2012, 08:10 PM
It looks exactly the same just shorter! :) i like it! (and it is still longer than mine... Lol)

novemberfoxtrot
April 10th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Is your hair magic?! How can it always look SO GOOD no matter what you decide to do with it? Lovely, just lovely.

I agree!!!

UltraBella
April 10th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I like it! It looks even more bouncy than your BSL haircut.

What don't you like about the cut?

I think it looks pretty but it is very texturized, a ton of bulk was cut out. It was all cut with a razor and I do love razor cuts but my top layers are so much shorter than I am used to. I have no idea how to wear it for work now, my signature bun is impossible and I am going to miss it.... but hopefully I will come up with a new favorite way to wear it up.

It looks like the former cut!

It's a version of it, but APL and my layers are MUCH shorter and it's heavily texturized. My other cut wasn't.
We blended those stupid bangs I cut a while back into my top layer so the shortness up there freaks me out a bit ! It's actually exactly like the Eva Longoria cut I posted in the other thread, but curled instead of slightly flipped out.

Bunnysaur
April 10th, 2012, 08:16 PM
It looks great!

BrightEyes
April 10th, 2012, 08:20 PM
It looks so pretty, I love it!

racrane
April 10th, 2012, 08:27 PM
It's very pretty! Your hair is always gorgous, no matter the length.

Jesabel
April 10th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Your new cut looks gorgeous UltraBella :D Longer and shorter hair both suit you so well :)

leslissocool
April 10th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I think this looks great on you!

MandyBeth
April 10th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Awesomeness here!!! It may not be LHC to say, but the cut almost looks better. I think it's because you are clearly so happy with it.

turtlelover
April 10th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Looks nice, as expected -- your hair is very versatile -- though I DID love your longer hair, too, of course! Are you going to have to curl it all the time, or do you think that it will it work with your natural texture?

Vanilla
April 10th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I think it looks pretty but it is very texturized, a ton of bulk was cut out. It was all cut with a razor and I do love razor cuts but my top layers are so much shorter than I am used to. I have no idea how to wear it for work now, my signature bun is impossible and I am going to miss it.... but hopefully I will come up with a new favorite way to wear it up.

It's a version of it, but APL and my layers are MUCH shorter and it's heavily texturized. My other cut wasn't.
We blended those stupid bangs I cut a while back into my top layer so the shortness up there freaks me out a bit ! It's actually exactly like the Eva Longoria cut I posted in the other thread, but curled instead of slightly flipped out.

You could always do a half up, French or Dutch braided for your shorter layers to keep them up and out of the way instead of a bun. Also, a French twist might also work now with your new length too. Ponytails even fall nice when your hair is razored and the bulk is cut down.

Come join us in the APL to BSL thread. There's tons of updo ideas in there for your new length. :)

Kyla
April 10th, 2012, 08:41 PM
It looks so cute Ultrabella! Congrats! :)

alyanna
April 10th, 2012, 08:44 PM
UB, you look exactly the same (same pretty self) but with slightly shorter hair!
I can see the much shorter pieces in the back especially, and it does look more lightweight to me. Otherwise, your "look" is very much preserved! You're right though, you might have to change your go-to styles.

Overall, I like it!

Edited to say: I want to see the bangs down!

turtlelover
April 10th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I'm thinking it would do a WONDERFUL French twist at this length!

UltraBella
April 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I will take a pic with the top down after I get this exhausted girl of mine in bed. She is soooooo tired, been through three different airports today !

spidermom
April 10th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I should have looked back at the former cut before I commented. My memory is not the best.

elbow chic
April 10th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I think it looks great. Lighter and more "girlish" than your usual more dramatic/spectacular look. :) If you wind up not liking it longterm it'll always grow back, but I bet it'll be nice for summer!

Seeshami
April 10th, 2012, 09:52 PM
It looks beautiful! I am sure you will very easily find a wonderful way to wear it!

holothuroidea
April 10th, 2012, 10:00 PM
To my untrained eye it looks the same just shorter. Which is to say that it looks awesome and beautiful.

:D

patienceneeded
April 10th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Looking lovely as usual Ultrabella!

Tia2010
April 10th, 2012, 10:17 PM
It looks great! You have such thick hair that even though you cut it alot shorter, it still looks sooo full and pretty. I like it :D

IStand4u
April 10th, 2012, 10:23 PM
OMG UB! I love the cut! It looks beautiful on you, though I think we all knew it would!

annamoonfairy
April 10th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Very pretty cut : )

Lisa R
April 10th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Love it UB! Thanks so much for sharing. The cut looks fantastic on you and I love your hair colour too. Is it just me but I think you look younger!! You already have an amazing face but I think with it being shorter makes you look younger!! That's my opinion anyway:)

Congrats!!:)

UltraBella
April 10th, 2012, 11:09 PM
BEFORE :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/1ac423ce.jpg

AFTER :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/c80f2ac7.jpg

My reference photo for stylist :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/4f4f366f.jpg

Comparison shot :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/77ec0f20.jpg

I think she did a really good job !

Thinking a peacock twist maybe for work, I will tackle that issue in the morning. I am tired ! Thanks for all the comments, everyone :)

UltraBella
April 10th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Looks nice, as expected -- your hair is very versatile -- though I DID love your longer hair, too, of course! Are you going to have to curl it all the time, or do you think that it will it work with your natural texture?

I am curious to see how it looks totally natural, my stylist dried it and then I used the Caruso Mollecular Hairsetter I keep at the salon to curl it. Man I love that thing. (For anyone confused, I keep a Caruso at home and one at the salon because I own the salon. I realized that might sound a bit funny if you didn't know that about me !)

I am also very curious to see how it looks after I take this little french braid out in the morning, it might give it a really nice texture and wave....... or it will look completely rediculous. I have my fingers crossed !

freckles
April 11th, 2012, 12:49 AM
it looks great! :)

yvsa
April 11th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Wow, that is a big cut. And it looks great on you!

morrigan*
April 11th, 2012, 02:50 AM
It's look amazing, really.

Lissandria
April 11th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Looks lovely and a lot lighter, enjoy it :)

Cupofmilk
April 11th, 2012, 03:19 AM
You can see so much more of you now. Hair can be really overwhelming when you have lots of it and I think this cut really frames your face beautifully.

oktobergoud
April 11th, 2012, 03:28 AM
It looks amazing! :D You have such beautiful hair!
And one day I want to buy Caruso rollers too, but they are not available here and my hair is probably still too short anyway.. but oneee day! ;)

hellucy
April 11th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Wow! Your hair looks gorgeous as always
:bowtome: - You are my hair idol!

Amanah
April 11th, 2012, 04:38 AM
UB your hair is amazing.
It seems like you have enough hair for 4 people, so I can understand why you might want to trim it a bit from time to time. It looks very pretty.

Jessy22284
April 11th, 2012, 05:00 AM
I think it looks beautiful! You have such great hair!!

Dragon
April 11th, 2012, 05:20 AM
The stylist has done a great job :) I like your layers.

Sisgoldenhair65
April 11th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Awww, UltraBella...I'm sure it's a huge change and you will miss your signature bun for a while but it really does look fabulous!! You just can't go wrong with that head of hair! Enjoy! :)

PinkyCat
April 11th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Wow your stylist really nailed that cut from the photo! :hifive:
And you, my dear, are a bombshell.

kamikaze hair
April 11th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Love the new do! it looks awesome, but you HAVE TO post more pics, especially when you find your new "signature 'Do" to wear to work and such... :D

(there is no such thing as too many pictures)

XcaliburGirl
April 11th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Thinking a peacock twist maybe for work, I will tackle that issue in the morning. I am tired ! Thanks for all the comments, everyone :)
Looks great! You probably can pull off the peacock or french twist, maybe with a few bobby pins if the layers cause problems.

UltraBella
April 11th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Wow, my braid is now tiny. With the extreme amount of layers my French braid looks rediculously messy - this is definitely going to take some getting used to ! I think it now looks like I have a "normal" amount of hair instead of an abnormally large amount of hair. I love how that feels on my head, so light and bouncy, but I can't help but miss it too. Having all that hair was one of the most noticeable things about me and it feels weird to wake up without it.

Amethyste
April 11th, 2012, 07:17 AM
... luckily, it will grow and you'll get it all back. then a few years or so down the road, you'll be in the same position where you want to cut it. I think it's a cycle we all seem to go through. Enjoy your new hair :)

Sweetie
April 11th, 2012, 07:41 AM
....the cut looks very good on you, because you're beautiful, no matter what you do...but seeing the "before" picture almost Made me faint! I hope you enjoy your new cut but.....I also hope you will let it grow long again! As a long hair lover, I must admit I definetely prefer your hair as they were before (before your first cut of a few months ago, I mean....)
Kisses

vanity_acefake
April 11th, 2012, 08:06 AM
It looks lovely. So much body and bounce.

UltraBella
April 11th, 2012, 08:12 AM
So...I took my French braid out and NOTHING. No waves at all. It must be the product she put in my hair because usually I get really nice braid waves. Darn it. This is why I don't put much stuff in my hair !

I braided it again because I didn't know what else to do with it and I am feeling lazy, so I just tucked my tassle under, since hairs are sticking out everywhere. It looks good that way and I have never been able to do that before, this could be an easy style for work hair !

Here's a bad cell pic :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/1a188fda.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/e4a2b349.jpg

lapushka
April 11th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Love the new do, it's very lively and bouncy, and that braid is awesome! :)

pepperminttea
April 11th, 2012, 10:09 AM
As suspected, you look great with any length - I'm ridiculously envious! :p

carolyncasl
April 11th, 2012, 10:40 AM
It looks awesome! It wasn't too drastic.

1nuitblanche
April 11th, 2012, 10:41 AM
It looks great. Your hair always looks great!

UltraBella
April 11th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks everyone ! I am glad I did it. Yesterday was a bit stressful, hair wise, but I am adjusting quickly. My clients are shocked that my bun is gone, lol ;)

alyanna
April 11th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I'm sure it's weird not to have your huge bun, but you wanted something lighter and I think the cut turned out great because it doesn't otherwise change "you" that much.

It's a great option for summer because if you leave your hair alone, it'll regain most of its fullness by end of summer (you get some relief from the heat in the meantime). If you decide you want to keep it shorter, you could always go back in and get the layers re-done. I do believe though, that Longoria's layers are shorter or more? She seems to have more fullness around her head, and skinnier hair from the neck down, while your fullness seems to be more around your neck area rather than right at he back of your head.

I'm not a stylist though, so I could be wrong...

PS. LOVE the braid

Calaelen
April 11th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I think it looks wonderful, and you definitely are not your hair anymore. With the comparison pic it is so obvious your hair was HUGE! it almost detracted from your gorgeous face, which is saying a lot. Now you see you first, then your lovely hair.

CherrySilver
April 11th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I wish my hair could hold curl like that! Simply gorgeous....

leslissocool
April 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I like the braid too! It's looks so stylish!

dulce
April 11th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Really pretty french braid!!

Tealpuffin
April 11th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Stunning :)

Vanilla
April 11th, 2012, 02:00 PM
So...I took my French braid out and NOTHING. No waves at all. It must be the product she put in my hair because usually I get really nice braid waves. Darn it. This is why I don't put much stuff in my hair !

I braided it again because I didn't know what else to do with it and I am feeling lazy, so I just tucked my tassle under, since hairs are sticking out everywhere. It looks good that way and I have never been able to do that before, this could be an easy style for work hair !

Here's a bad cell pic :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/1a188fda.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/e4a2b349.jpg

Love the French braid updo. Looks really professional :)

I did a similar style on Monday actually. I used a small two pronged fork to hold the tail of the French braid under.

julya
April 11th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Your new cut looks great! I bet you will have a lot of fun with it!

jacqueline101
April 11th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I'd like to see before and after pictures.

dwell_in_safety
April 11th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Oh, I love that cut on you! Your stylist did a wonderful job.

UltraBella
April 11th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I'd like to see before and after pictures.

There are some, you just have to go back a few pages !

I'm sure it's weird not to have your huge bun, but you wanted something lighter and I think the cut turned out great because it doesn't otherwise change "you" that much.

It's a great option for summer because if you leave your hair alone, it'll regain most of its fullness by end of summer (you get some relief from the heat in the meantime). If you decide you want to keep it shorter, you could always go back in and get the layers re-done. I do believe though, that Longoria's layers are shorter or more? She seems to have more fullness around her head, and skinnier hair from the neck down, while your fullness seems to be more around your neck area rather than right at he back of your head.

I'm not a stylist though, so I could be wrong...

PS. LOVE the braid

I kept my length overall a bit longer than the reference pic, it would have needed to be above APL otherwise and I was just not ready for that ! I may have thicker hair than her as well, so the cut was adapted for my hair and I think she nailed it !

I am loving this braid too !!! Thanks :)

kidari
April 11th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Your hair looks awesome! It's good you didn't go as short as the reference photo. Enjoy your new lighter hair and it should grow out almost completely by the time fall is here.

spidermom
April 11th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Wow - do you see how popular you are?

Anywhere
April 11th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I think it looks superb. :D

Unicorn
April 11th, 2012, 06:28 PM
I love the new cut! And the colours

Unicorn

long&blonde
April 11th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Wow, awesome courage!
The cut and your hair are beautiful.
I figured out how to subscribe:for this thread.
And been here a year and 4 months.

Yozhik
April 11th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Beautiful, UltraBella! :thumbsup:

It looks like it has a lot of movement now! I cut about 4 inches off of my hair 2 months ago, and I was shocked at how much shorter my braid seemed and how my french braids had pieces sticking out all over the place -- now I'm used to it, and it seems normal. I'm sure you'll quickly adjust to the shorter length, too. :)

I'm interested to hear/see how your natural texture likes the shorter length!

PixxieStix
April 11th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Wow, congratulations UltraBella, your new haircut is amazing! What a great job, and I hope you get to have tons of fun with your new 'do! I can only ever dream of having hair as pretty as yours. <3 Thank goodness for photos to drool over.

UltraBella
April 11th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks everyone ! And Spidermom, that made me laugh, lol. Everyone gets curious about a big cut !!!

I want to wash my hair and see how it REALLY looks and feels without product in it but my scalp is already dry from my vacation, all that salt water !! I normally don't wash more than once a week and it was washed twice yesterday. I am going to try to hold out for a few more days but I am sooo curious.

AnqeIicDemise
April 11th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I like the cut.. and I don't know why but I like you with red so much better. I know you're a nice blonde but, man.. you rock red so hard, I'm jealous.

ps: I'm an inner red head so I'm biased.

UltraBella
April 11th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I like the cut.. and I don't know why but I like you with red so much better. I know you're a nice blonde but, man.. you rock red so hard, I'm jealous.

ps: I'm an inner red head so I'm biased.

Oh man, don't get me started on the red !! That copper red color was my favorite color EVER. I adored it sooooo much but my hair grows too fast to have such a contrasting color to my natural color. Copper red next to dark ash blonde is YUCK. My roots were glaringly obvious within 10 to 14 days and I just can't handle that sort of upkeep. With my highlights I can go months and months without refreshing them at all.

I just wish I could take a magic little pill that made me a natural redhead .............

Falcore
April 12th, 2012, 02:14 AM
It looks beautiful like I knew it would! It looks a lot more lighter and bouncier. Stunning!

torrilin
April 12th, 2012, 07:06 AM
:) You look so happy, and that's what I was stalking this thread for, so I'm thrilled.

So... do you have your upkeep trim scheduled?

PrairieRose
April 12th, 2012, 10:19 AM
The cut looks great! :)

kamikaze hair
April 12th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Man I love that braid on you UltraBella. It looks so good on your hair, so chic.

Nenwing
April 12th, 2012, 01:33 PM
It looks really nice!! I think now it looks more like you are wearing your hair, rather than your hair wearing you. It looks like it has more movement and will swing nicely! :)

Maelyssa
April 14th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I love the new look! :D

Carrie Ingalls
April 23rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
It turned out splendidly! Beautiful!

AnqeIicDemise
April 23rd, 2012, 03:32 PM
Oh man, don't get me started on the red !! That copper red color was my favorite color EVER. I adored it sooooo much but my hair grows too fast to have such a contrasting color to my natural color. Copper red next to dark ash blonde is YUCK. My roots were glaringly obvious within 10 to 14 days and I just can't handle that sort of upkeep. With my highlights I can go months and months without refreshing them at all.

I just wish I could take a magic little pill that made me a natural redhead .............

AMEN! That's what I'm talking about.

oktobergoud
April 23rd, 2012, 04:24 PM
I can't remember if I ever replied to this thread??
But! Your hair looks awesome! Very pretty, as usual. I'm also loving the braid! That must feel a lot lighter, doesn't it?

dragaica
May 21st, 2012, 04:58 AM
Bella
I think the cut it's great- hope that satisfy you're urge. I got to get a cut my self , and I've remembered your dilemma.
Really it is the cut of the century.
Last time I've been on your treads as a couple of months ago, before some exams.
In between you had 15 000 + 11 000 views.
It can't be wrong, with such an audience.
People look, but they must like it, to keep in touch.

also, you are loved either way, with hair or not.... :)

Juanita
May 21st, 2012, 06:59 AM
Your new hair cut looks amazing

Darkhorse1
June 10th, 2012, 12:09 AM
WOW! What a stunning job! And I can totally understand you wanting to reduce your mane. That's a lot of hair you had before. I'm shocked to see you're not a natural red head though! It suits you so well!
Glad you love this cut--it's awesome :)