PDA

View Full Version : I just really "got" the French Twist.

Vallena
April 10th, 2012, 12:32 PM
After months of trying to twist it the right way, and failing, I finally got it. Having a little more length in my layers helped, but mostly my hands finally understood what my brain was trying to tell them. But I kept having trouble getting it to hold, because I wasn't twisting the right way, and now it is staying wonderfully! I'm ecstatic. :D

spidermom
April 10th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Congratulations! The french twist was my favorite for a long time; now my hair won't do it.

Coffeebug
April 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I never got the hang of that at all - just did not understand it, so congrats on figuring out something I never could!

JamiG
April 10th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Can you share how you did it? I can't seem to get it either!

XcaliburGirl
April 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I love the French Twist. I usually do a peacock twist and then just keep rolling it, tucking the ends under. I secured with a large Flexi-8.

This was when my hair was between shoulder and APL.

Renate
April 10th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Can you share how you did it? I can't seem to get it either!

[2]

Please? :D

WaterMusic
April 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I had a really good technique for doing it when my hair was short, and it just doesn't translate to longer hair. I have no idea how to do it at waist.

sfgirl
April 10th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I think once you have super long hair you can do the log roll. I think log rolls are really pretty!

dwell_in_safety
April 10th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Yay! The French twist is, next to the lazy wrap bun, the easiest/quickest way for me to put my hair up at this point. I'll be sad when I gain too much length to do it, but then, there are several styles I'm just itching to master; with thick hair, though, I'll have to wait until I'm BSL to even get a decent attempt in.

elbow chic
April 10th, 2012, 03:15 PM
A favorite style for me, too. Once you get it, it goes together in like three minutes. :D

My hair is MBL and still doesn't always do a neat-looking cinnabun so a french twist is a great alternative when I want a very "tidy" look.

heidi w.
April 10th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I have too much hair for a pure french twist, so I can do a sort of amended french twist that looks just as nice. One of these days I'll post some more updo photos in my album. It's just that I'm busy in school and studying. So there are priorities. I recently found my CD of these photos again. And made the plan a number of weeks ago. So it's on the todo menu.

I allow some hair to bulge out, essentially.

heidi w.

Vallena
April 10th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I will try to explain it, if it helps. I grab my hair as if I was going to do a pony tail and hold it in my left hand. With my right had, I reach under with my right hand, and grab my hair with my palm up. Then I twirl my hair to the left, and keep winding it up towards the top of my head, until all of it is wound up. Then, tuck the tail to the left and spin the top over everything to secure it!

I would love to see the pictures of your hair, heidi w!

AnqeIicDemise
April 10th, 2012, 10:58 PM
My hair hates the French Twist so I applaud you. I can do it, always have been able to but I can't get the crown to look right. I tend to get an obnoxious alien bump. :(