PDA

View Full Version : 3 years till hip and I'm excited!

sunshine-locks
April 10th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I just measured how long hip is on me, it's 28 inches! That means I have 17 inches to grow. Going off averages for hair growth, that will take about 3 years, maybe a little less. I'm rather excited, and pleased that it's going to take less time than I thought!

How long (months? years?) do you guys have left for your hair goals? :D

whitedove
April 10th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Going on half a inch a month it will take me 3 and a half years, hopefully I will hit goal before i turn 40 :)

Sisgoldenhair65
April 10th, 2012, 05:41 AM
I'm thinking I have 3 yrs to classic since it took me about 2 1/2 yrs to grow from chin to waist. I consider this to be the second half of my journey.....happy growing!! :).

sunshine-locks
April 10th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Hey, we're all going to take around the same time then, we can grow together n.n

auburntressed
April 10th, 2012, 06:04 AM
At my normal growth rate, I'd say two years till goal... If some of the hair growing stuff that I keep trying helps, then possibly a year and a half? I am unsure. I seem to have grown three inches this year, and it's not half way through the year yet. So... at this same rate, I'd say I grow eight inches a year. My current goal is nine inches more. Adding in microtrims for management, a year and a half "feels" about right.

metricfuture
April 10th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Around 18 months (at my regular rate of growth), but I should hit my next mini-milestone, waist, by the end of the year!

millyaulait
April 10th, 2012, 06:25 AM
I calculated that it will take me 'til December '13 to get to waist, and December of this year for BSL.
I will be reasonably comfortable with my hair when I do reach BSL, so it doesn't seem so far off.... :)

shutterpillar
April 10th, 2012, 06:38 AM
I am hoping for full blown BSL by September (like reaching the bottom of the strap) and waist by this time next year. :)

From there, I am going to try to grow to tailbone, but we will see what the condition of my hair is in when I get to waist.

littleizz
April 10th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Ooo! Great idea!!! I've got about 10 inches left until my tailbone goal, so if we're going by 1/2 inch per month, I'll account for trims and say between a year and a half and two years :) Woohoo!!

Nordlys
April 10th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I estimate that it will take me about two years to get to my belly button, if I don't cut at all. My hair grows about 1 cm per month ( that is approx. 0,4 inches a month ) and my ends are quite fragile. I have never had longer hair than waist, so we will see what I can achieve...

silverstars
April 10th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I probably have 3 or 4 years left. I'm at mid back and hoping for classic. The biotin and msm I started taking seem to be helping with my growth rate. Since I'm also growing out bangs, its easy to assess the growth rate. The plan is to cut back to waist when I reach hip to get rid of the damaged ends/ thicken the hemline. The hem is a bit strange and its fairytailed a bit. I tried to trim it straight when the n shaped hemline became obvious from the inverted bob I had. I think the front is still a little longer than the back :D .

arcane
April 10th, 2012, 08:46 AM
It should take me about a year and a half to reach waist again.

spidermom
April 10th, 2012, 09:39 AM
28 inches for hip? Is that measured from your forehead and over your head?
I'm just surprised because 28 inches was upper-BSL for me. 24.5 inches was APL.

longcurlygirl<3
April 10th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I have probably one year to hit hip or tailbone possibly. Since I cut last year back to bsl and I reached hip in less than a year. My hair grows pretty fast.

Covet
April 10th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I think my goal of virgin waist could take about four or five years :( I have a hell of a lot of damage to cut out!

jesis
April 10th, 2012, 10:34 AM
That's exciting! Hip is 35" on me, I have about 8 inches to go. I will probably be there by the end of 2013 at the latest.

ETA: I agree with spidermom, waist is 32" on me. BSL was 26". Are you measuring correctly? I know I didn't at first.

oktobergoud
April 10th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I have no idea, my goals are constantly changing! For now, my goal is shoulder length. I hope that it will take me about.. 8 months? Or maybe a year, I don't know!

CurlyMopTop
April 11th, 2012, 07:03 AM
I'm not exactly sure where hip is on me, but I'm getting very close to full bsl. I have layers to trim out though. I'm guessing a couple of years with trims to get rid of the layers.

Words
April 11th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Maybe next fall :)

MaryRose
April 11th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I have about 4 monthsl left until I make it to my goal waist. I started my growing journey March 2011 at 19 inches and will reach waist Aug 2012 at 27 inches with trims.

sun-kissed
April 11th, 2012, 07:42 AM
I've got about 17-20 more inches until my goal of classic, so at an average growth rate of 6 inches a year, plus trims, I'm guessing about three to four years. But I've just passed BSL, and beyond now I've had the longest hair I've ever had in my life, so I'm a happy grower. :D

Hyacinth
April 11th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I have a lot of goals for my hair; my first is shoulder-length. I'd like to be there sometime in September. :)

ladyfitzgerald
April 11th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I think i'll reach waist by september if I keep growing an inch a month:) for the past few months I have measured in an inch growth! Otherwise by December this year :)

jojo
April 11th, 2012, 12:12 PM
28" is just past BSL for me :( I am aiming for classic which is 46" on me so another 14" on me, so 3 years roughly with trims!

see_turtle
April 11th, 2012, 12:47 PM
About 2 and a half years or so... but it'll be more if i am factoring in trims...maybe around the beginning of 2015...? My hair is currently almost waist and my goal is classic.

jacqueline101
April 11th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I have 3 or 4 years to go.

auroraclio
April 11th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I have 7-8 inches to go for waist length, factoring in trims, i'm estimating 18 months

Amanah
April 11th, 2012, 04:04 PM
3 years till hair goal . . .

Littlewing13
April 11th, 2012, 05:57 PM
My mini goal is bsl by end year. Im not cutting it this year so that should be fine. Only a few inches there.

15in to go to get to my full goal of tbl. 2.5yrs.

But honestly I will be happy & start to consider my hair long when it reaches bsl.

Carissamarie08
April 11th, 2012, 10:51 PM
I'm hoping in December ill be at waist and that is my goal..nothing longer for me!

beautifulending
April 11th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I should be touching the tops of my hips by the end of the year and hip is my goal.:D

gogirlanime
April 11th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Try monistat or M-T-G today is my 1 year anniversary I got 9 inches of growth this year, you could make it two years instead :) Congratulations by the way my goal is 26 inches I have about 3 more years to get both all my hair virgin and that length.

PurplePenguin
April 11th, 2012, 11:43 PM
I would say I have about 3 years to go until hip from shoulder.

Mesmerise
April 11th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Hip is also my goal, but it's like 34" on me!! (Actually it's 32" I remember... I added on 2" for shrinkage due to waves). I'm only really short too :D.

For me it's probably about 2 years... although I'm going to get to waist and maintain awhile to thicken the ends :(. I've probably got a little over a year to waist. Maybe. Hopefully.

Dragon Faery
April 12th, 2012, 12:19 AM
I have about 100 days to go until my current mini-goal of waist.
About 2 years to Classic.
And the rest of my life for a well-cared-for Terminal entirely in Silver! :)

janeytilllie
April 13th, 2012, 02:54 AM
I'm currently at 28" near hip length
My hair goal is knee length which on me is 47" (Im very small with small legs/torso)
I have 19" to go

My hair normally grows an inch a month so I get 12 inches a year however I cut 2 inches so I grow 10 inches a year.

So It should take me 2 years or so to reach.
Now I'm excited :D

Avital88
April 13th, 2012, 02:57 AM
like another year, hoping to gain at least 6 inches and thicker ends

DancingQueen
April 13th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Well, I am not sure what my goal is right now, but my original goal was hip. My hip bone is 35 inches (after the LHC method) and last time I measured, I was at 23. That means I have 12 inches to go. I hope to be around hip-length in 3 years, when I should be done with my education. Wish me luck. :)

ceruleanlove
April 15th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Well, for me, waist is 30", so I've got a good....3 years, not including however much trims set me back. Probably 3.5 or 4 years is going to be a more realistic expectation though :)

BeckyAH
April 15th, 2012, 07:30 PM
I've only got about 3 inches to waist - so, 6 months, give or take. Maybe 8, since I need a trim.

That said: I'm always amused by the numbers for these things. I have a short neck and torso; I'm 5"4 and my inseam is the same length as my 6'2" husband's. So my hair doesn't have to have a lot of length to hit milestones for me. ...and may have something to do with how little I am interested in anything that involves me growing out past waist/hip. It'd take much, much longer.

Jadecas
April 15th, 2012, 09:22 PM
from Shoulder to hip/Classic length possible 4 and half yrs

ladylowtide
April 15th, 2012, 09:40 PM
It will take me anywhere from 1 year to 1.75 years. My final goal length of tailbone will take 1.75 years to 2.

Tisiloves
April 15th, 2012, 09:48 PM
3 years til I get my ponytail back, more like four if I include trimming dammage and my undercut.

Lalital
April 15th, 2012, 10:08 PM
That's great. Keep up the good work! I'm about waist now (27") for me so I'm hoping it's only going to be a year til tailbone. I've had problems growing it because my hairdresser kept chopping inches off every time I went for a trim, so it's taken me so long to get here. I don't see hairdressers now and just do 'search & destroy' and the ends are in good shape. It's been over five months since I went to Salon. Don't get it trimmed too much or get someone you trust to do it and ONLY if it needs it. It takes a long time to grow hair just to have it chopped off by someone who doesn't care. Happy growing ;)

lolot
April 15th, 2012, 10:47 PM
a year!! :D and after that im going to get rid of damage

icallitbliss
April 15th, 2012, 11:33 PM
I'm thinking I have two years. I'm barely above ear length right now, so maybe after two years I'll get to BSL. Here's to hoping!

geeorgie
April 16th, 2012, 03:33 AM
2 years for me! Technically it should be less than that, but I've only started growing so I don't know how fast my hair really grows once it's properly taken care of :P I'm aiming for APL/BSL, and I'm just above SL.

constancev18
April 16th, 2012, 01:16 PM
A year until full hl and probably another 1.5 yrs until classic so 2.5 yrs to go!

Clem_Dela
April 16th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Well, I just measured today. My hair is currently at 31 inches, one inch away from hip on me, and given my current growth spurt it could take me anywhere from a few weeks to a month to get there... After that is tailbone at 37 inches, six inches out from my current length... I give that one six months. And finally, classic, 44 inches, thirteen inches away from my current length... Should take me a bit longer than a year to get there unless something amazing happens! I can't wait!!!

skraprchik
April 17th, 2012, 03:53 AM
I've got 2 years until I reach MBL. I'm thinking sometime in the Fall of 2014. After that I plan to trim until all of my hair is an even length and let it do its thing. Now if only I could practice benign neglect for the next two years.......