PDA

View Full Version : My one year anniversary

racrane
April 9th, 2012, 04:36 PM
:joy:

Thanks everyone – I learned so much this year concerning my hair. Everyone is so kind and sweet. I’m not on here quite as much as last summer as I am pregnant (I’m roaming baby sites more often.) But I still have to pop in at least once a day. I like it here. 

My routine before: Cone shampoo and conditioner every day; put gel in to hold curl. I had tons of build-up and hated the look of it. I wanted my hair longer as I was sick of maintaining at shoulder. It just seemed so boring. The shortest I went was chin and it looked cute, but I disliked all the styling. I stumbled upon LHC and immediately signed up.

Hair picture shortly after I joined: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7665&pictureid=100601

What I found worked: A clarifying shampoo helped tremendously with the build-up.  During the summer, I switched to VO5 products with no cones and it helped my hair enormously. I tried CO but I just prefer shampoo. I wash my hair every two or three days and use coconut oil on the ends as needed.

I did get one trim last August. She cut about an inch off.

Summer picture (the sun made it very light): http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7665&pictureid=110230

I did dye my hair a "mousy brown" for a musical last October. It sucked because my blonde hair still looks dark, but it's getting back to normal. It's going to really lighten up this summer so I'm not worried.

What I use now: My hair is really dull and lackluster due to pregnancy and hormonal changes. I’m using cones once or twice a week and it looks better but otherwise I still use coconut oil and VO5 products.

Hair styles: I learned to braid – finally! – and how to bun my hair. I love my spin pins and one flexi-8. I would LOVE to practice more styles but I’m more concerned with baby than hair. :D

Hair picture now: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9563&pictureid=130490

*My hair was very wet for this, it's more an idea of length than anything. I'll try to post a dry one later with my wavyness. :D

I don’t measure my hair but my hair did grow from shoulder to *almost BSL* in one year. I have a long torso so I’m not quite sure how many inches that is. My hair is quite wavy and that tends to eat length. It’s so close I can taste it! My eventual goal is hip, but I want to reach waist and then maintain. I want my layers gone.

I will *only* cut my hair if, after I give birth, I grow through a terrible shed. I could cut off my layers and voila - fresh start… but I really would like to keep my longer hair. I can’t guarantee I won’t have a bad shed, though. That scares me.

And because I can, here’s a baby bump picture of me at 20 weeks. I'm very sleep deprived: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9793&pictureid=130491

Have a lovely day and enjoy your hair! Take care! 

Edit: here's the picture i promised of my hair dry. It's very wavy. :) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9563&pictureid=130554

Bye!

amanda_the_tall
April 9th, 2012, 04:51 PM
you're so beautiful! and your hair is growing great! hope all goes well with the pregnancy! :)

Carissamarie08
April 9th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Congrats on a year!

Hollyfire3
April 9th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Great job! Are you sure your not an ii or an iii? Your hair looks so thick!

lapushka
April 9th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary. And it's almost, well as good as, BSL! :cheer:

Libbylou
April 9th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Grats on the great hair growth and condition. You sure have grown a lot. Your hair looks very healthy also.
Congratulations on your pregnancy also.

Vanilla
April 9th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Congrats on your year's worth of growth and pregnancy :)

BrightEyes
April 9th, 2012, 05:18 PM
You've made some great progress and your hair is beautiful. Loved the baby bump picture(I hope the doesn't sound creepy). I hope all goes well through your pregnancy:)

fridgee
April 9th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Congrats on the amazing growth, your hair is looking lovely. And I am such a sucker for baby bump pics, too beautiful! Good luck with your pregnancy and your hair journey. :flower:

PixxieStix
April 9th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Woo-hoo! Congratulations on an amazing year's worth of growth! Your hair is beautiful, take good care and you'll reach your dreams sooner than you think!

Falcore
April 9th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Beautiful!

racrane
April 9th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words! :)

Hollyfire3
April 9th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words! :)

I still think your a ii at least, you hair is fluffy and full! :)

MissCoco
April 9th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I still think your a ii at least, you hair is fluffy and full! :)
I agree, I would say the OP is at least i/ii, but could definitely be an ii. Anyway, great growth and lovely hair! Congrats, racrane! :)

jacqueline101
April 9th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Your hair is wonderful. Congrats on the bundle of joy.

gogirlanime
April 9th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Congratulations on your first year!!! Mine is on the 11th we joined around the same time! You've gotten great growth you can tell the hair near your scalp is very healthy and your hair looks healthier and less frizzy great job!!! Here's to another year with ya :beerchug:

Littlewing13
April 10th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Congrats on the growth of both hair & bubba!

whitedove
April 10th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Congrats on 1 year of healthier hair. Nice to see a pic of baby bump, on your 2 year update we could get to see baby :)

cheetahfast
April 10th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Wow, it looks like it grew so much!!!!
Hopefully, you won't shed too much.

racrane
April 10th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks again, everyone! You are all so sweet. :) I took a picture of my hair dry this morning. It's very wavy. :)

And Hollyfire3, I'm honestly not sure about the thickness. My hair used to be a ii/iii but it has thinned a lot. I'm guessing it's i or i/ii but I really don't know. :confused: