PDA

View Full Version : Cones and ability to curl/wave

GracieRae
April 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I've noticed that if I want braidwaves I can't have any cones in my hair. Even if I leave a French braid in all night, I take it down and nothing. oh well I guess it's because I have very fine hair? I don't mind being cone free because it gives me more body anyway. Anybody else not use cones for this same reason?

barely.there
April 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM
There are many people here who don't use cones for all sorts of reasons. I don't use them myself as I prefer natural products :)

lapushka
April 9th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I've noticed that if I want braidwaves I can't have any cones in my hair. Even if I leave a French braid in all night, I take it down and nothing. oh well I guess it's because I have very fine hair? I don't mind being cone free because it gives me more body anyway. Anybody else not use cones for this same reason?

I never noticed a difference, but you have to spray your hair lightly with some (distilled) water before braiding at night for the waves to actually form and stay. Just *ever* so slightly.

fridgee
April 9th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Cones definitely relax out my wurls a bit. Since going cone free my natural curl has really come out and increased. I'm not really sure why it happens, maybe they are just weighed down :shrug:

cfreya
April 9th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Yes even though my hair is straight I definitely notice if I use no cones the ends flick a lot more

For example this weekend I wanted my hair as straight as poss so used tons of coney condish

spidermom
April 9th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I would say my degree of wave/curl is as much influenced by the alignment of the planets as anything else.

Hollyfire3
April 9th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I would say my degree of wave/curl is as much influenced by the alignment of the planets as anything else.

Same here lol!!! its like one morning: Is mercury in retrograde (is that the right term?) my hair is straight today lol!

HintOfMint
April 9th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Pantene, in particular, will kill my waves, even the ones I try to create with damp buns. With a cone free routine, I'll get amazing waves with damp bunning, even curls. With a heavy cone conditioner, I'll get maybe a few bent ends at the most.
With a coney but less heavy conditioner I'll get waves but they'll be 2A, not my usual 2b/c