PDA

View Full Version : Question about smell...it's not very gross

GlennaGirl
April 9th, 2012, 03:03 PM
It's not very gross, I promise.

There was a thread about an issue with hair smell (a negative smell) and the poster said something interesting...it happens when she COs.

I have just the opposite...I really noticed it while on vacation this week, really not having enough time to wander around for 30 minutes with conditioner on my head (that's how long it takes). Usually I like the self-pampering but I just didn't have the time, so I shampooed and conditioned twice.

And my old arch nemesis THE SMELL came back. I only ever get a smelly scalp if I've gone one day between shampooings and conditionings. With CO, it takes days before I notice any smell at all. And I am sensitive to these things.

After shampooing, I was just crawling out of my skin to wait one day between the next washing because the smell was just uncool!

Anyone have any theories as to why this is? Do I overcompensate with oils or something when I shampoo and they catch bacteria? Or...something?

darklyndsea
April 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Do you always use the same shampoo, or is it the same no matter what shampoo you use? It might just be some weird reaction to the shampoo ingredients.

GlennaGirl
April 9th, 2012, 03:38 PM
^ No matter which shampoo. This time it was Biolage just because that was what was in the cabinet. Previously it would have been something Suave-ish or a child's shampoo...whatever I can grab (when required).

These do all have sulfates if that makes a difference.

Khiwanean
April 9th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I can't say I've ever had any weird scalp smell from either CO or S&C. Using coconut oil on or near my scalp results in foul odors though.