PDA

View Full Version : Eek - hair changing colour

Boudicca
April 9th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Ok - this might sound rather odd.

I've started, when trimming the 'sideburn' area up next to my ear, to pluck for extra tidiness. However, I've noticed that when the hairs grow back, they are really dark (like black). But I'm a redhead! Why is this happening?

Hairizona
April 9th, 2012, 08:41 AM
When I was in Electrology school years back, we learned that plucking could cause hairs to grow back darker and perhaps coarser due to the trauma that plucking causes to the hair follicle.

Other than that, your hair is beautiful!

misspurdy06
April 9th, 2012, 10:25 AM
If it's is your side burn area then technically you are plucking facial hair. Facial hair is different.

Boudicca
April 9th, 2012, 11:16 AM
When I was in Electrology school years back, we learned that plucking could cause hairs to grow back darker and perhaps coarser due to the trauma that plucking causes to the hair follicle.

Other than that, your hair is beautiful!

Aw - thank-you so much for the compliment, Hairizona. You totally have my dream hair - it's so lovely and thick!

I didn't realise this could happen with plucking! Do I just have to leave it for a while?

If it's is your side burn area then technically you are plucking facial hair. Facial hair is different.

misspurdy, I didn't realise this - and am now feeling rather silly. I'm going to have to look into how to stop, since I'm now doing it rather compulsively (I have mild OCD).