PDA

View Full Version : Ficcare bun?

freznow
July 25th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Only thing I can do with a ficcare is a log roll, though I've tried doing a bun after seeing so many people say they use that for exercise. Is there some special way of doing a ficcare bun, or is it just something you have to have the right hair and practice to do?

Shanarana
July 25th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Maybe it's the size of ficcare, not sure though. My hair would probably need an extra large or large to hold a bun. Not sure how others are able to do it.

Nightshade
July 25th, 2008, 09:42 AM
OH OH! I discovered this!

Make a Gibraltar bun (instructions here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=116596&postcount=2)) and then open the ficcare. Use the lower part of the clip as the stick, and then close it over the top. It's so easy and holds amazingly well. It's the only reason I've been using my Ficcares more, and just justified purchasing another three :o

Delenn
July 25th, 2008, 01:13 PM
It's the only reason I've been using my Ficcares more, and just justified purchasing another three :o

Ditto that, and I just ordered three too. I'll show ya mine if you show me yours! :eyebrows:

Nightshade
July 25th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Ditto that, and I just ordered three too. I'll show ya mine if you show me yours! :eyebrows:

Lime border, silver curvy and jean border, all Large Maximus. What'd you get? :eyebrows:

eadwine
July 25th, 2008, 03:13 PM
You should be able to do any bun. You can try using the ficcare's bottom part as a stick, so to speak.

What size is your ficcare? You'd definitely need a large for a bun.

freznow
July 25th, 2008, 03:16 PM
You should be able to do any bun. You can try using the ficcare's bottom part as a stick, so to speak.

What size is your ficcare? You'd definitely need a large for a bun.

Large :) But your point, I haven't considered that... typically I just insert it underneath and clamp it over. I'll try using it more like a stick.

And good idea nightshade. I tried that just now and it works!

frizzinator
July 25th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yes, the log roll is easy. Using it like a hairstick in the gibraltar bun is the next easiest for me.

Try it on a cinnamon bun, but don't let it swallow the entire bun. Be sure to insert it on the side where you have tucked the tail under. I learned how to do this with a ficcare that was small, but after a couple of months I could do it with a medium. A medium or a large will also hold my french twist. I had to practice both of these a lot before it finally stayed where I put it.

I've never tried it, but you may be able to use it with the equalibrium bun.

Chromis
July 25th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I use them in cinnamon and figure eight buns along with the log roll, braided logroll and folded braid.

Nightshade
July 25th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Large :) But your point, I haven't considered that... typically I just insert it underneath and clamp it over. I'll try using it more like a stick.

And good idea nightshade. I tried that just now and it works!

YAY! :cheer:

I've never tried it, but you may be able to use it with the equalibrium bun.
I have, and it works for that as well :) (link to that style in my siggy)

Anje
July 25th, 2008, 03:59 PM
For me, a ficcare holds a cinna-bee-butt wadded up bun quite well for exercise. Incidentally, I've gotten quite a bit better hold from my large Ficcarissimo than from my large Maximas, but that may have more to do with my lack of thickness than anything with the style Ficcare.

Curlsgirl
July 25th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I do a cinnabun sometimes the same way it's explained and shown on the Ficcare site. After you make the bun, instead of inserting it through the middle you insert it at the top of the bun, still catching scalp hair scalp but just clip the upper outside part of the "ring" of the bun (like from the 1:00 to the 11:00 on a clock). It holds well like this and is more comfortable than any other I have tried. I can even use a medium Maximas to do this and my hair is pretty thick although not as long as some of you.

Chromis
July 25th, 2008, 09:56 PM
OH OH! I discovered this!

Make a Gibraltar bun (instructions here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=116596&postcount=2)) and then open the ficcare. Use the lower part of the clip as the stick, and then close it over the top. It's so easy and holds amazingly well. It's the only reason I've been using my Ficcares more, and just justified purchasing another three :o

Oooh those instructions just helped me to make my first Gibraltar bun!

DotDotDot
July 25th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Infinity buns work for me if I stick the bottom part of my Ficcare through both loops like a hairstick. Figure 8s I do just like log rolls and I do nautilus buns and celtic knots like the bottom part's a hairstick. I have yet to make a regular cinnabun last all day like the others, though!