PDA

View Full Version : Difference in Length in One Day? Opinions on the Pic Please.

carolinaberry
April 8th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Ok. So in the mirror today, my hair looked markedly longer from yesterday's growth documentation picture, so I had my daughter take another. I had tattoos all down my back, so it is pretty easy to see when my hair is falling somewhere different. My question to you ladies is-do y'all think any of this is actually growth or is my hair just laying differently? I measured yesterday and it hadn't grown any in a week, so is it possible it had an overnight spurt reflecting all the growth for the week? I can't find my measuring tape today.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f41/aprilmstuckey/Hair/th_oneday.jpg (http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f41/aprilmstuckey/Hair/?action=view&current=oneday.jpg)

Amazinggrace
April 8th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I think the ends where just more "flipped up," in the first picture.

longhairedleah
April 8th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I agree with it looking a bit flipped up in the first pic. You could also possibly be slightly tilting your head, making it look different...

Sisgoldenhair65
April 8th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Agreed....flipped up ends.

carolinaberry
April 8th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks, guys.

carolinaberry
April 8th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I found my measuring tape. It is measuring 17.5" tonight, vs. 17" last night. I get help measuring it and we do it the same way every time. Some of that could have been the way my hair is laying, and but since we pull it taut the flip wouldn't have mattered for the measurement...I'm guessing the week's worth of growth just showed up in one night. Tonight was my 3rd application of the 4% Monistat as well.

XcaliburGirl
April 11th, 2012, 08:07 AM
It's probably a combination of the way your hair is lying and a slight difference in the position of your head, shoulders, etc. I can get very different results if I take a picture in the morning before I wash my hair versus after washing and drying.

shutterpillar
April 11th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I agree with everyone else.. I get very different results after just washing my hair, vs sleeping on it, vs different levels of wetness, etc etc.

So, I always wait one month before measuring again and then I always do it after it has dried completely after i've shampooed and conditioned. that way it is the same routine every time and I have less chance of results being thrown off.
hopefully I can get down to measuring less frequently, but I am still unsure of how much my hair actually grows in a month (which makes it hard to set goals for myself). so its the curiosity that is preventing me from leaving it be for too long. ;) If you do find the trick to it growing half an inch overnight, then please let me know! that's some crazy growth!

spidermom
April 11th, 2012, 08:53 AM
It looks longer to me.

Amber_Maiden
April 11th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I find that as my hair gets weighed down by oil- my own (sebum) or the oil I put in, my hair appears longer.

princessp
April 11th, 2012, 10:51 AM
My hair can be anywhere within a 6" space between TB and Classic depending on the wurl, the day, products, bun wave (which has the opposite effect on my hair, so bun straightening :) ), etc. So while your hair may have actually grown given what my hair does, I'm likely to attribute it more to these variables than extreme growth. But who knows sometimes hair does have a crazy spurt like this. You know your hair best.

swearnsue
April 11th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I found my measuring tape. It is measuring 17.5" tonight, vs. 17" last night. I get help measuring it and we do it the same way every time. Some of that could have been the way my hair is laying, and but since we pull it taut the flip wouldn't have mattered for the measurement...I'm guessing the week's worth of growth just showed up in one night. Tonight was my 3rd application of the 4% Monistat as well.

I believe that overnight growth spurts are possible. And I agree with Spidermom that your hair looks longer. How about another pic?????

Mrsbaybeegurl
April 11th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Yes, I see growth! It could be your tilting your head, or the flips but I think between the picture PLUS your measuring that YES you did in fact have a growth spurt, especially considering you said you are using the monsitat, although I have yet to try it, we all know it's supposed to make hair grow superrrr fast :)

My hair does this. Most people may think I'm crazy or I'm just not paying close enough attention, but I honestly have seen no growth for all month and literally wake up and have a half inch root line, and now that I am even more obsessed with growth since joining LHC, I can guarantee my hair grows in spurts...I know exactly how much growth I do or don't have because I henna and can tell how much growth I had by the roots and I check every day lol

carolinaberry
April 11th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks for all the input. I try to be skeptical because I don't want to "hope" myself into seeing "growth" but... I really do think it was just all the growth showing. I'm pretty careful to stand the same way (good posture, but not tilting my head back) every time my daughter takes a picture of my hair. Annnd....I have taken a 2 day break from the Monistat and have only seen around 1/8" growth since that "spurt".

swearnsue
April 12th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Thanks for all the input. I try to be skeptical because I don't want to "hope" myself into seeing "growth" but... I really do think it was just all the growth showing. I'm pretty careful to stand the same way (good posture, but not tilting my head back) every time my daughter takes a picture of my hair. Annnd....I have taken a 2 day break from the Monistat and have only seen around 1/8" growth since that "spurt".

Now we have an excuse if we wake up still tired and groggy in the mornings... we've been growing hair all night!

Debra83
April 12th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Woohoo!!! Looks longer to me!!!! :cheese:

carolinaberry
April 12th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Now we have an excuse if we wake up still tired and groggy in the mornings... we've been growing hair all night!

I will be sure to use this one! I am NOT a morning person!

carolinaberry
April 12th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Yes, I see growth! It could be your tilting your head, or the flips but I think between the picture PLUS your measuring that YES you did in fact have a growth spurt, especially considering you said you are using the monsitat, although I have yet to try it, we all know it's supposed to make hair grow superrrr fast :)

My hair does this. Most people may think I'm crazy or I'm just not paying close enough attention, but I honestly have seen no growth for all month and literally wake up and have a half inch root line, and now that I am even more obsessed with growth since joining LHC, I can guarantee my hair grows in spurts...I know exactly how much growth I do or don't have because I henna and can tell how much growth I had by the roots and I check every day lol

This kind of obsession with my length is exactly what made me re-picture/re-measure. I looked over as I was walking past my huge bathroom mirror and saw that the length was just barely covering the words across the base of my neck. And I knew that the previous day they had been just a bit shy of the words. Woot! I think I am gonna do Monistat every night for a while.

pink.sara
April 12th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Lol, at walking up tired from growing all night!

Honestly though I think it's the shoulder flick. Mine looked so much longer pulled straight at shoulder than if it was just resting naturally.

Even now and despite being poker straight mines BSL when combed and arranged, but closer to APL sitting naturally. Pictures can be deceptive.