PDA

View Full Version : Yay!

Sisgoldenhair65
April 8th, 2012, 09:21 PM
So, this is a happy thread!! First off, I hope those of you celebrating holidays today had a wonderful day!! Today I went to my in-law's for the Easter holiday and since its a special day I wore my hair down. Well, all of the women there individually commented on how long my hair got and my sis-in-law who rarely compliments actually said it looked pretty! My hair is only a bit past waist which is no big deal here at LHC but around here rarely do woman my age have hair past shoulder length. I was waiting for my MIL to give me the usual speech about how she loved my "classy" bob but she didn't! She also said my hair was pretty. Sooo, today was a good hair day and I had to share. :cheese:

Also: I accomplished my first crown braid today after I got home. It's a bit rough but I'm going to keep it in to sleep and wear it to the gym tomorrow. Let's see how many stares I get from people who think it's weird!! LOL. (there's a pic of it in my album).

caadam
April 8th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Yay! It's always a good day when people are generous with compliments. :D

And past waist is STILL pretty impressive, both outside and inside LHC for lots of people. :) At least I think so.

Sisgoldenhair65
April 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM
It sure is a good day especially when the compliments come from people you know don't give lip service! True, waist is an accomplishment. I guess I been spending too much time looking at all the gorgeous classic and beyond hair here...makes me feel "hair challenged".

caadam
April 8th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Hey, I'm not even past my waist yet in length, so you're further ahead of me. lol If you're "hair challenged," then I'm even more so! ;)

Sisgoldenhair65
April 8th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Caadam, I checked out your album and your hair is so super thick and shiny!! Very nice! :)

Sisgoldenhair65
April 8th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I am very short (5') with a short torso so waist is a VERY short distance for me. :(

Kyla
April 8th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I am very short (5') with a short torso so waist is a VERY short distance for me. :(

From your album, it still looks very beautiful. :)

Congratulations on your day! I've been pretty happy today because my hair is super soft from the aloe vera I put in it after my wash Saturday morning. No compliments, except from myself in my head. :p

caadam
April 8th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Caadam, I checked out your album and your hair is so super thick and shiny!! Very nice! :)

Why, thanks! :flower:

You actually reminded me to put up a more recent picture. lol It's not the best, but it's a picture of my hair from about two weeks ago. :p

ETA: Just took a look at your album, as well, and I really like your first picture towards the bottom. Very pretty. ♥

EmmaDStrange
April 9th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Congratulations. I don't get many compliments on my hair these days. :(

I used to, back when I used to cut my own hair into very layered and straightened styles. But I guess that's just a testament to peoples tastes these days. Oh well. I love it. :)

I've NEVER had my hair anywhere near waist, never mind just past, so that is most definitely an achievement! Well done!

jacqueline101
April 9th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Its always nice to get compliments.

Sisgoldenhair65
April 9th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Wow, Caadam....u really got a lot of growth! Congrats! Looking very lovely. I see you do WO wash. Maybe I will get there one day. Lol. My hair has a long way to go. I'm growing out some long layers which I loathe! I hate how the ends look thinner because of the layers. Patience, patience!

Ligeia_13
April 9th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Heh..I wore my hair in a crown braid the other day and my boyfriend said I looked like an old biddy :p

Capybara
April 9th, 2012, 07:49 AM
What a wonderful day :)

The crown braid looks lovely!

Amber_Maiden
April 9th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Congrats on the compliments!

Sisgoldenhair65
April 9th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Thank you, everyone!! :)
Ligeia, I expected for my DH to ask me where was my horse and buggy.....but he didn't!! He actually loved it!! I'm going to rebraid it damp tonite and wear it to work tomorrow. I love being different and being ME!! I work in a health related field and our hair must be up. Most of the women throw their hair up in ponys or messy buns. That's great but I like to look like I took a bit of time for myself in the morning (little does anyone know I do it the night before....shhhhh.)