PDA

View Full Version : Ficarre Style

Firefly
April 8th, 2012, 02:54 PM
So, I was playing around with hairstyles to use with my new Lotus Jewel Ficarre and came up with this. I really like it and thought I would share. I just made a single twist and pulled the ends through the loop, then secured with my Ficarre. It's a nice alternative to the "neat" buns I normally wear... a little more fun and casual look!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/scifi-chic/Tresses/ficarretwist3.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/scifi-chic/Tresses/ficarretwist1.jpg

Amber_Maiden
April 8th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Very cute! :)

Firefly
April 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks, Amber! :)

Anywhere
April 8th, 2012, 05:10 PM
It looks great (:)), but I'm so confused as to how it happens. (:o:p)

Is it basically a knot bun with the ends hanging out? Thats what I'm getting of it, but.. the ficcare looks like it's at the super bottom of the knot and I don't understand how it's holding it up. It's like magic or something. :bigeyes:

lacefrost
April 8th, 2012, 05:52 PM
That's very pretty! I'll have to try that as my hair gets longer/layers grow out.

Littlewing13
April 8th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Pretty! I totally need a ficcare. Im making it my reward for if I get good grades. If only I was studying LHC!

What size is yours Firefly?

Im so over ponytails & not quite long enough for most buns.

caiti42
April 8th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Very cute I love your little curls at the ends!

Vasilissa
April 8th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Wow! That's nice! Thank you for sharing with us! Is that Ficcare is the Amethyst one in Large size? Looks really good on you! :flower:

Maelyssa
April 8th, 2012, 07:19 PM
So, I was playing around with hairstyles to use with my new Lotus Jewel Ficarre and came up with this. I really like it and thought I would share. I just made a single twist and pulled the ends through the loop, then secured with my Ficarre. It's a nice alternative to the "neat" buns I normally wear... a little more fun and casual look!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/scifi-chic/Tresses/ficarretwist3.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/scifi-chic/Tresses/ficarretwist1.jpg

How absolutely lovely and the color of the Ficcare is stunning against your hair!

WaitingSoLong
April 8th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I happened to be wearing my Ficcare when I read this and tried it, very awesome! I am always looking for more ways to wear my Ficcare! Thanks!

Firefly
April 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks, everyone! When I first got my Ficarre I was frustrated that I couldn't find more styles to do with it. I figured I couldn't be the only one so that's why I decided to share. For those that asked, it's a size Large.

Anywhere-- Alas, it's purely a Muggle endeavor. ;) You're right-- it's similar to a knot bun. If you lifted up the curly hanging down part, you'd see there's more twisted hair at the base. It's as if you're starting to make a log roll, but only twist it once. You're securing the Ficarre just below where the hair comes through. I hope that helps explain it a bit-- maybe someone else who tried it (WSL?) could give a better explanation!

WaitingSoLong
April 9th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Well I am not sure I did it the same way but it LOOKED the same, only I had straight frazzly hair sticking out the look because I had braid waves all day worn loose and hadn't brushed it.

I gathered my hair in a pony at the base of my head and doing like a nautilus, I held the pony with my right hand about 5" away from my head, put my left hand under the pony and grabbed the hair at the part closest to my head (between my hand and head) then twisted it down and to the left (b/c it was my left hand) and up so the loop was sticking up from the twist, still holding my hair with my right hand (having let it slide through as needed) brought the tail around the base to the right and put the ends through the loop from back to front (I grabbed the ends with my fingers from my L hand still holding the loop and tugged so it was snug) then secured it from below the tail but just above the twist so it would come untwisted. It was very secure and I forgot I had it that way until bedtime!

longcurlygirl<3
April 9th, 2012, 08:38 AM
It is very cute! Plus that ficarre is very beautiful1

Sisgoldenhair65
April 9th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I love this and can't wait till I can get a Ficcare!!

Xandergrammy
April 9th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Very cute!!!