PDA

View Full Version : Braid inspiration overload!

Maverick494
April 7th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I can't imagine anyone having lack of inspiration for their hair after this :D

http://pinterest.com/thelastpage/hairstyle-ideas/

brave
April 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Oh man, those are awesome. I love the different cage braids. I love braided hairstyle how-tos, if only for the fact that most of them don't include the phrase "now lift it up and back comb" followed by a mini hair massacre. Also they're awesome on their own.

Bedhead
April 7th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Consider me inspired! Holy moly! :brains:

I'm braid inept, possibly hair inept.... Do you know what they mean by "repins" as in "4 repins" under the photos? Is this a term I should know about to learn how to do these amazing things?

cwarren
April 7th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Lack of inspiration? No
Lack of length for the styles I want? Yes. Some can be adjusted, but others will have to wait.

NymphSpirit
April 7th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Oh wow, just wow!! Thank you for sharing!

I'm braid inept, possibly hair inept.... Do you know what they mean by "repins" as in "4 repins" under the photos? Is this a term I should know about to learn how to do these amazing things?

Well, the web is called "pinterest" so I believe it's like.. you create your own pinterest site, and you share via the repin on your pinterest site, pretty much like tumblr... (I think)

AnqeIicDemise
April 7th, 2012, 08:03 PM
e.e LOVE! :happydance:

I sense a new challenge coming up.

BlondieHepburn
April 7th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Haha, there is a photo of me on there! :o
Thanks for that. I've been feeling rather uninspired lately. Now it's coming back!

Bedhead
April 7th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Well, the web is called "pinterest" so I believe it's like.. you create your own pinterest site, and you share via the repin on your pinterest site, pretty much like tumblr... (I think)

Oh! And here I thought it had something to do with hairpins. :p
Thanks for answering!

Bedhead
April 7th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks for that. I've been feeling rather uninspired lately. Now it's coming back!

Haha! That's awesome BlondieHepburn!

MeowScat
April 7th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Good grief, Charlie Brown, those are beautiful!

Thanks for posting that, I needed the inspiration. Now if I could only figure out how to do some of them...

:)

Singinghoneybee
April 7th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I can't even imagine how people came up with so many types of braids. I can only do a normal braid at the moment but I have now been inspired to learn to French braid!

DakarNick
April 7th, 2012, 10:35 PM

Which one?

Lisabunny
April 7th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Ohh thank you for the link!:thumbsup:

tokitoki
April 7th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Hooray! This is perfect timing, I was just wondering how I would wear my hair for Easter!

sfgirl
April 8th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Thank you! SO inspiring

Impulsive
April 8th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Those braids are amazing! Thank you for posting this. I have to go practice (and practice and practice) now.

jacqueline101
April 8th, 2012, 07:21 AM
That's an awesome site.

Syrena
April 8th, 2012, 07:27 AM
All hairstyles are lovely and strongly motivating! Thank you for posting!

rock007junkie
April 8th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Oh my! Those were so beautiful!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

silverstars
April 8th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Wow. I need to try some of those

Zydrate
April 8th, 2012, 08:30 AM
OMG!! I will def. try some of the hairstyles from the page, though I think my hair is too short for most of these braid-y up-dos :(.

Madora
April 8th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Quite a treasure trove of braiding ideas! Thanks, Maverick494!

PixxieStix
April 8th, 2012, 08:58 AM
That was awesome! I'm gonna have to show my mom, she'll go nuts trying to replicate all of those. :D

moon2dove
April 8th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Some really fantastic ideas for braiding.

Thanks for posting Maverick494

:)

longcurlygirl<3
April 8th, 2012, 09:54 AM
wow, i'd never be that good :o but I liked the blond curly braided one

eresh
April 8th, 2012, 11:06 AM
LOL my most simple video is on there.

There are some very inspiring braidphotos, bookmarked now! Thanks :-)

Renate
April 8th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Saved a bunch :p Thanks for sharing!

KaasKnot
April 8th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Wow. That draped "S" braid was something else. I wish I had more hair, right now; I'm feeling a need for experimentation.

MasCat
April 8th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I loed the greec Caryatid inspired hair and I googled the original website: http://www.fairfield.edu/cas/ah_caryatid.html

Oh, if I just had a longhair near that i could practice that on :)

makeminea99
April 8th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Crikey! These are stunning! I'm only just learning to make the most of my hair now, at a comparatively late stage in my life: just recently got the hang of Dutch braids and I can just about do a four strand ... THERE'S TEN STRAND BRAIDS ON THERE!!!!! Man Alive!!!! :)

Debra83
April 8th, 2012, 03:11 PM
WOW. Eye-popping!!! Thanks for sharing.

torrilin
April 8th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Actually, a lot of those don't necessarily take a lot of length... they take thickness. This is particularly noticeable with the "halo braid" tutorial, but that's by no means the only one where you'd need iii thickness to have enough hair for the exact look. (and that particular one isn't actually a very good tutorial... there are at least 2 lace crown braid threads here that have much better instructions)

The vast majority of these styles are something where to get the exact look, I'd need a fall to have enough hair.

Fortunately, if you understand the techniques behind the style, it's often possible to adapt the look to suit your natural hair. At least on me, going for a fall to duplicate the exact look would produce a hairstyle that's out of scale with my features. I'm pretty fine boned and it'd be pretty easy to look like I got eaten by a hair monster :D. My medium thickness and fine texture match pretty well with my bone structure.

whitebengal
April 8th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Gorgeous!!!

Vasilissa
April 8th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks for sharing! So many interesting braid styles gathered at one place - fantastic! :blossom:

Clem_Dela
April 8th, 2012, 07:36 PM
WELP, i now know what i'm doing for the next 3 hours.... c:~

Taenarian
April 8th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I'm in awe! Thank you for sharing! My first reaction was between an "oooooooo" and "ahhhhhhhh!"

BlondieHepburn
April 8th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Which one?

Between the middle and bottom. I have 4 maiden braids and a Motley Crue top. :D

hypersensitive
April 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM
this is great! thanks for sharing!

im finding that pinterest is a good place to look for and share hairstyle finds.

zombi
April 8th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Beautiful!

I love a lot of styles but I notice that almost always these styles cannot be achieved well on i thickness hair. :(

Carissamarie08
April 8th, 2012, 11:03 PM
pretty hair!

Quahatundightu
April 9th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Now if someone would just come over and braid my hair for me XD I can do some styles myself but for these intricate things it would be helpful!

Sweetie
April 9th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Thank you so much for sharing! So many ideas!!

PolarCathy
April 9th, 2012, 06:46 AM
I just tried that double waterfall braid on me - I love that style - but I somehow can't braid horizontally. It always goes in 45 deg or so. "Always" means 3 or 4 tries.

Well I don't know what I expected; a week ago I couldn't even do a Dutch braid. Now that I've done that three times, I guess I can move on to the double waterfall. ;) :D :D :D :D :D

Bedhead
April 9th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I just tried that double waterfall braid on me - I love that style - but I somehow can't braid horizontally. It always goes in 45 deg or so. "Always" means 3 or 4 tries.

Well I don't know what I expected; a week ago I couldn't even do a Dutch braid. Now that I've done that three times, I guess I can move on to the double waterfall. ;) :D :D :D :D :D
LOL! Thanks for making me laugh today! :)

PolarCathy
April 9th, 2012, 10:31 AM
LOL! Thanks for making me laugh today! :)

Nah! I won't give up!! I will learn it within a few days and upload a pic, you'll see ;)

She said it's easy, after all! ;)

Criosdan
April 9th, 2012, 10:40 AM
A great site! Since I love historical hairstyles, it's the right place for me. Lot's of things to try. :D

Bedhead
April 9th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Nah! I won't give up!! I will learn it within a few days and upload a pic, you'll see ;)

She said it's easy, after all! ;)
You're a brave woman! ;)

Can't wait to see!

TeaGarden
April 9th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I found this thread. Now I'm wondering whether or not I'll go to class today.

Well, I won't skip class. But I might be late!!

PixieKitten
April 9th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I was so revved up to completely clean my room before I saw this. Instead I got inspired to braid, frustrated that my hair's not long enough, went to buy hair toys to cheer myself up, and now I'll be looking over them again to see if I can incorporate my new clippies in a new style xD As well as patiently waiting for my hair to be long enough to effectively use my first pair of sticks ^_^

I don't think my room will ever be clean!

torrilin
April 9th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Beautiful!

I love a lot of styles but I notice that almost always these styles cannot be achieved well on i thickness hair. :(

The exact look? No. The style? Yes.

Is there a particular one you like that you can't see how to make work?

Mrs.Witherup
April 9th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I like the five strand french braid, I'm going to have to look up some tutorials on that one!
Is Dutch braiding where you go over instead of under on french braids??

DakarNick
April 9th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Between the middle and bottom. I have 4 maiden braids and a Motley Crue top. :D

Found you! Very pretty! I'll have to learn the maiden braid for the wifey.

Littlewing13
April 10th, 2012, 05:46 AM
My brain just exploded. Hurry up & grow hair! *shakes fist*

Springpaw
April 10th, 2012, 06:02 AM
These could have been awesome prom updos if only my hair had been longer!!
But only looking at them is totally fine too :p

BlondieHepburn
April 10th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Found you! Very pretty! I'll have to learn the maiden braid for the wifey.

Thanks! It's super easy. Sometimes I even do 2 simple braids on each side at night, sleep on them, then in the morning pin them across my head. It is cute, easy, and takes like 2 minutes.

MonaLisa
April 10th, 2012, 06:27 AM
yes, definitely sooo inspired! :thudpile:
however, still clueless :(
wish someone could do it for me :o

DakarNick
April 10th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Thanks! It's super easy. Sometimes I even do 2 simple braids on each side at night, sleep on them, then in the morning pin them across my head. It is cute, easy, and takes like 2 minutes.

So they're just alternately flipped over your head?

BlondieHepburn
April 10th, 2012, 06:51 AM
So they're just alternately flipped over your head?

Correct. You can also do it with just one braid per side.
Here are my actual photos.
1 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9241&pictureid=120595)
2 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9241&pictureid=120596)
Good luck!

Madora
April 10th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I like the five strand french braid, I'm going to have to look up some tutorials on that one!
Is Dutch braiding where you go over instead of under on french braids??

Mrs. Witherup, "Dutch" french braiding is an underhand technique. You go under the center section, which forms a ridge on the scalp.

The "English" French braid sort of melts into the hair and is an overhand technique.

Bagginslover
April 10th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Quite a few updo's there I really want to try! So pretty!

Venefica
April 10th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Those are some awesome hairstyles. I will have to check them out and see if I want to do any of them, it is certainly allot of inspiration there.

moxamoll
April 10th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I think my head just exploded!

Why, oh why, do I have to go to work, instead of being able to stay home and play with hair all day??? Is there any kind of stylist that just gets to do braiding and updos all day? LOL