PDA

View Full Version : Any classic+ers who wash their hair everyday?

Herb
April 7th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Just curious. I was wondering if I'm the only one. :)

In the past year, I've tried very hard to train my scalp to go longer without, but its having none of it. It's just so greasy, and my hair is blonde. I have weaned myself off harsh shampoos, though. I wonder if my scalp will settle down when I'm a bit older.

Very long everyday-washers, (if you exist ;) ) what's your story?

cooklaezo13
April 7th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I know that Cinnamonhair washes every day with CO, at least based on her website (http://www.beyondclassiclength.com/routine.html).

ladyfey
April 7th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I did wash everyday until about a year ago, now I wash every other. I am 40 years old and my scalp will finally tolerate skipping a day. I have never had a problem with shampooing often, my hair is past knee and grows like a weed.

MandyBeth
April 7th, 2012, 08:46 PM
J washes daily, but conditioner only. Plus she's almost 7 and somewhat careful with her hair, she's not an adult and well jumping in mud is fun. Add in severe damage, her hair is easier to deal with freshly washed when it wants to be slippery. Day two, between damage and tight 3c curls, looking at her hair causes knots.

She's low waist or high hip dry, past classic wet.

Shepherdess
April 7th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I used to wash my hair every single day and would use a regular brush and had classic length (last year). Now I wash my hair every few days (although I have thigh length hair now).

MoonlightShadow
April 7th, 2012, 09:57 PM
I.....wet my hair with water everyday if that counts lol. Using shampoo everyday would have a drastic effect on my hair :(

Masara
April 8th, 2012, 01:46 AM
My hair is very nearly at classic and I wash it every day. Not washing makes my head feel dull and heavy. I use shampoo, but only on my scalp. I keep my hair in a braid, tucked over my shoulder so no shampoo goes on it (even when rinsing) then I unbraid with condtioner on my hands.

haibane
April 8th, 2012, 05:57 AM
I used to wash every other day (CWC-ish) but recently I've been able to stretch to every third of even forth day.
I've also been doing more scalp-only washes lately.

I also mist my length/ends twice a day to keep my hair moisturized and keep splits at bay.

neet
April 8th, 2012, 06:30 AM
I love to wash my hair every day , because my scalp sweats like anything ( water only wash). I used to shampoo 2-3 times a week using ayurvedic shampoo.:)

Hairizona
April 8th, 2012, 01:36 PM
When my hair was below fingertip in my mid-late 30's, I washed it everyday.
Fast-forward to the last 5 years: I currently wash every other day and it is fine ( bangs get washed daily). I tried stretching the washes to every 2 days, but it feels greasy at the roots and dry and tangle-prone in the length. I can go every 2 days now and then in the winter and will do it if it is really cold. In the summer, due to the amount of humidity here though, I have no problems whatsoever washing it daily if I need to. I am the one that is wearing it and dealing with it after all, and I did not grow it out to feel like I have to stick to a routine to the extent that I feel trapped by a rigid routine. I want to enjoy my hair, so if I feel like washing it will make me feel better, I wash it and then enjoy feeling freshened and having clean feeling hair!