PDA

View Full Version : New Required Profile Field: Gender

Dianyla
July 25th, 2008, 05:38 AM
I have updated this setting as follows:

1. There are now more choices of gender available. Please PM me if you would like to request additional choices added to the selection list.
2. You can now edit this field at any time. Previously this could only be filled in once upon registration.
3. This field will now display on your Profile, under the About Me tab. Previously, it would show up on the Member List but nowhere else.
4. If this field was not previously filled out in your profile, you will be prompted to do so the next time you edit your profile information.

Calista
July 25th, 2008, 05:44 AM
When I logged on just now I was told I had emptied a required field in my profile and would I please go fill it in. It wondered what the heck had happened! :lol:

Thanks, Dianyla.

Dianyla
July 25th, 2008, 05:47 AM
When I logged on just now I was told I had emptied a required field in my profile and would I please go fill it in. It wondered what the heck had happened! :lol:

Thanks, Dianyla.

Ah, forgot to mention that part! I'll edit an explanation into the first post. :)

eadwine
July 25th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Is it possible to put this under the user name as well? Under the about me thingy it isn't going to help confusion on the forums ;) :)

lora410
July 25th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I agree with eadwine. its hard to see who is male and female from the backs of their heads :lol:

eadwine
July 25th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Just looked inside site support, they aren't going to put it there.

Bummer really, mistakes will continue to be made that way. Oh well. If they are offended that I call them the wrong gender in a post I will send them on to webforum command ;) :lol:

bte
July 26th, 2008, 02:37 AM
I have edited mine, but because I stay logged in all the time, as I believe many others do, I wasn't prompted to do so.

Dianyla
July 26th, 2008, 02:51 AM
I have edited mine, but because I stay logged in all the time, as I believe many others do, I wasn't prompted to do so.
I said this over in Site Support but forgot to mention it here. Too many people were getting confused by the abrupt prompt to edit this immediately. So, I changed the setting to simply demand that this be updated next time everyone edits their profile.

WritingPrincess
July 26th, 2008, 03:34 PM
What happened to the "cheese" choice?

RoseRedDead
July 26th, 2008, 03:37 PM

Yeah! What about cheese? (I never got this script, oddly.)

berr
July 26th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Geez.. I had to go google intersex. I had no idea what it meant.

So many options and none said 'girly'. :) That would have been my pick.

Bill D.
July 28th, 2008, 09:49 PM

The absence of a "cheese" choice didn't stop me from stating my true gender on my profile. :p

Dianyla
July 28th, 2008, 11:12 PM
The absence of a "cheese" choice didn't stop me from stating my true gender on my profile. :p
Alright already! Just for you, Bill! :cheese:

Bill D.
July 28th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Alright already! Just for you, Bill! :cheese:

Thanks! But I'm sure others will utilize it too. :)

WritingPrincess
July 29th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Yay! Cheese is back! That was my first experience with the cheese joke. :)

Wind Dragon
July 29th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks! But I'm sure others will utilize it too. :)

Nah, surely not. :whistle:

Koala Kim
July 30th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I am Cheese!!! :cheese:

Pegasus Marsters
July 30th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Hahaha I was like "awwww *pout* I want the option of "princess"" but then I realised that no one else would want that so I decided to just be honest :lol:

Bill D.
July 30th, 2008, 10:00 PM
I am Cheese!!! :cheese:

But they don't have a choice for "cat"!

greek_lady
July 31st, 2008, 12:49 PM
Hahaha I was like "awwww *pout* I want the option of "princess"" but then I realised that no one else would want that so I decided to just be honest :lol:

Ummm... :oops: I'd love that option, too http://www.bpal.org/style_emoticons/default/00000807.gif

Koala Kim
July 31st, 2008, 04:54 PM
But they don't have a choice for "cat"!
I would have definitely chosen that one instead. :kitten:

trolleypup
July 31st, 2008, 04:57 PM
I would have definitely chosen that one instead. :kitten:
Or puppy... :puppy:

PseudoScot
July 31st, 2008, 05:04 PM
Gerbil? I like gerbils!

Dianyla
July 31st, 2008, 06:20 PM
Gerbil? I like gerbils!

:uhh: :tmi:

Koala Kim
July 31st, 2008, 09:00 PM
:spitting:

jessie58
August 1st, 2008, 09:49 PM
What if a person is undecided? :silly:

CountessDeJager
August 1st, 2008, 10:56 PM
Then they just need an "undecided" option until they discover if they are more of a princess or a cheese. Other people may of course be undecided between other options. :p

Solitude
August 4th, 2008, 11:10 PM
What if a person is undecided? :silly:

Undecided or still experimenting? :p :cheese:

Bill D.
August 5th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Undecided or still experimenting? :p :cheese:

How about constantly in flux? :karma:

PseudoScot
August 5th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Gerbil? I like gerbils!

I meant as a gender option! If Koala Kim can pick kitty cat, I want to pick gerbil!:p

thankyousir74
August 7th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I meant as a gender option! If Koala Kim can pick kitty cat, I want to pick gerbil!:p

:rolling: hee I swear I giggled so bad ^____^

Bene
August 10th, 2008, 01:05 AM
i kinda like the option of NOT having to fill it out.

trolleypup
August 10th, 2008, 09:22 AM
You and me, both!

PseudoScot
August 10th, 2008, 09:40 AM

That's actually my preference, too. Despite my misinterpreted comment on gerbils. :shrug:

bte
August 11th, 2008, 02:12 AM
I know the kitties/gerbils/cheese options (or lack thereof) are great fun, but isn't there a danger of forgetting the purpose of this profile field?

wintersun99
August 11th, 2008, 05:56 PM

Me too - so I am now :cheese:

Wind Dragon
August 12th, 2008, 07:41 AM
I know the kitties/gerbils/cheese options (or lack thereof) are great fun, but isn't there a danger of forgetting the purpose of this profile field?

Maybe I'm just dense, but what is the purpose of it being required? I originally had "N/A" in that field, on the principle that my gender didn't have anything to do with my hair. When I saw the notice, I dutifully notified the community that I'm female, though since the field wasn't blank to begin with, the system wasn't bugging me about it. I've got "cheese" in there now since it's available, but if I had my 'druthers then I'd really rather have my "n/a" back.
:shrug:

Bene
August 12th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Maybe I'm just dense, but what is the purpose of it being required? I originally had "N/A" in that field, on the principle that my gender didn't have anything to do with my hair. When I saw the notice, I dutifully notified the community that I'm female, though since the field wasn't blank to begin with, the system wasn't bugging me about it. I've got "cheese" in there now since it's available, but if I had my 'druthers then I'd really rather have my "n/a" back.
:shrug:

yeah, that's my point. i'd originally left it as N/A because i really don't believe my sex/gender is relevant. i understand having the alternate options, and i think that's great because it acknowledges the existence of transgendered and intersexed people and i think it's a step in the right direction in normalizing gender status that has long been ignored and overlooked. (i've been a longtime supporter of the LGTB community)

so, i'm all for the progress, and i'm excited that LHC has the courage and decency to include alternate genders, but i don't believe it should be a required field, and while the other options reflect a move in the right direction, the options such as "other" or "cheese" don't reflect the "i don't think it's anyone's business if i have a hoo-hah or a willy or neither or both and i certaintly don't think that this information should be automatically required, because i believe in making it manditory is a step in the wrong direction and leads ppl to making pre-judgements on a person's opinions which can lead to other people validating or disregarding viewpoints because of gender/sex " option.

Lady Godiva
August 12th, 2008, 01:09 PM
It may not matter so much for hair topics, but it could matter when discussing off-topic subjects. Say for instance a man pops in to comment on a menstrual thread on the Health & Body Beautiful board, but doesn't make clear his gender. It could cause some confusion to the other posters in the thread, or possible discomfort. Even for less sensitive subjects, perhaps commiserating on a pet's death or saying prayers for someone who asks for them, it might help the respondents picture the person or focus on the individual better.

ETA: I'm not really commenting on the mandatory nature of the recent change, but just how knowing a person's sex might help other members.

harley mama
August 12th, 2008, 01:15 PM
It may not matter so much for hair topics, but it could matter when discussing off-topic subjects. Say for instance a man pops in to comment on a menstrual thread on the Health & Body Beautiful board, but doesn't make clear his gender. It could cause some confusion to the other posters in the thread, or possible discomfort. Even for less sensitive subjects, perhaps commiserating on a pet's death or saying prayers for someone who asks for them, it might help the respondents picture the person or focus on the individual better.

ETA: I'm not really commenting on the mandatory nature if the recent change, but just how knowing a person's sex might help other members.

Well said LG.

If gender a required profile field now, shouldn't it either be male or female as a choice?
Just me :twocents:.

Ursula
August 12th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Well said LG.

If gender a required profile field now, shouldn't it either be male or female as a choice?

Well, just "male" or "female" as a choice might make sense when one could opt out, but we do have people of other genders here, so making it mandatory without having other options would put them in the position of having to lie.

Although, if it is going to be "transgendered MTF" and "transgendered FTM" shouldn't it be "cisgendered M" and "cisgendered F" for consistency, rather than "male" and "female"?

CountessDeJager
August 12th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Part of the reason we need multiple options is to fit the multiple needs of our members. Of course you can never have enough drop down menu items to match the ways people self-identify gender but we at least have a range.

The information can be helpful, if a member is getting anti-longhair remarks and their hair is still above their shoulders knowing if they are a man or a woman helps shape the advice toward bumping up against gender expectations if a man or if a woman that they know people with short hair obsessions or age assumptions.

Bene
August 12th, 2008, 01:42 PM
the thing is, like, let's say someone posts in a non-hair section. let's say it's in a TMI kind of thread about "plumbing". and let's say someone posts. but it's a man.

but let's say this man grew up with a million sisters and female friends, and has a wife, and like 8 daughters, so maybe he does have some valid advice, but his opinion will be disregarded because "oh, he's a man, he can't possibly understand"

likewise, in another thread, perhaps about children, and one female member doesn't like children (which is a matter of personal choice) but her opinion will be completely disregarded as well because she'd be an anomaly of some sort, with the whole preconceived "all women should have some maternal instinct".

in these cases, an N/A option would be most beneficial. i tend to disagree that knowing the gender of the person posting should have any sort of standing because sound advice is sound advice, no matter who it comes from.

in any case, i don't even bother to check to see what the genders are, so it doesn't matter. but i really would like to have the N/A option back.

Wind Dragon
August 12th, 2008, 02:33 PM

ETA: I'm not really commenting on the mandatory nature of the recent change, but just how knowing a person's sex might help other members.

Oh I get that, and figured the reasoning was probably something along those lines, which is why I didn't have a problem playing nice with it (although since the gender field isn't in the info visible in each post and you still have to go looking for it, I'm not sure how well the first part of the argument applies.) But then the "cheese" option showed up, which -- well, I'll take it (on second thought, actually I guess I'll be going back to female unless the field does become one of the up-front ones, in which case I'll go back to being cheese just because I dislike the idea of people making automatic gender-based assumptions about me with only a few words to go on,) but being able to be Cheese just seems to make the mandatory aspect kind of irrelevant.**

So, yeah. Not really arguing with you LadyG, just trying to clarify my own puzzlement. ;)

And in the interest of being completely honest, what if I've long suspected that I have some Y-chromosome (just not the part that imparts a guy's plumbing,) but lack the means to indulge in medically unnecessary DNA testing? "Female" or "Intersex," either way I'm kind of guessing :p (ETA: well, no, I guess the female part's definite, just the intersex would be a guess.) And what about that Intersex category, anyway? That one isn't going to be helpful to anyone, since it says nothing about whether one lives as male, female, or androgyne.

Okay, still just kind of talking to myself here. Carry on. :o

** Go ahead Grammar Police, unravel that sentence -- I dare ya'.

bte
August 13th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Well said LG.

That's really the point I was making. I have no objection to letting anyone know my gender, and having a DW who had a hysterectomy some years ago and is now going through the menopause, I might well add a comment to a discussion on either at some point in the future. I wouldn't want to see the choice restricted to male or female, as there are other 'real' choices, but I am a little concerned that some alleged chesses or kitties in the future might be trying to disguise something not entirely innocent.

Lady Godiva
August 13th, 2008, 11:40 AM
in any case, i don't even bother to check to see what the genders are, so it doesn't matter. but i really would like to have the N/A option back.I can understand the N/A thing, although the same respondents in my first scenario may wind up directly asking the member, and if the member continues avoiding answering, the rest may get their guards up all the more. Bte explains why:

That's really the point I was making. I have no objection to letting anyone know my gender, and having a DW who had a hysterectomy some years ago and is now going through the menopause, I might well add a comment to a discussion on either at some point in the future. I wouldn't want to see the choice restricted to male or female, as there are other 'real' choices, but I am a little concerned that some alleged chesses or kitties in the future might be trying to disguise something not entirely innocent.
My bold.

This site, as part of the larger long-hair subject represented on the internet, has a history of attracting certain sorts of people who seek to exploit the goodwill and camaraderie of the membership, which is largely female. Long hair has a way of drawing out such people who don't have a PG-13 approach to long hair, let's just say, and a fair share of these people seek to deliberately misrepresent themselves and their motives to get within the trust boundaries of the membership.

There also is the fact that this is a Community, and as such, there is give-and-take on the part of both individual members posting and all those responding. We all fit into both classifications, hopefully. It's not just about the interests of the individuals over the interests of the Community.

wintersun99
August 13th, 2008, 12:15 PM

Valid point. I guess I'm confused then as to why the "other" off-gender options are available? If gender is the requirement, why all the other stuff?

Ursula
August 13th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I'm not sure that it doesn't just give us a false sense of security. If someone wants to play mind games, all that is needed is for them to lie about their gender - for example, for a man to sign in as a woman. There is no way to double check. I wouldn't expect to see such people among the "cheeses."

There is security, and there is security theater. Making everyone declare their gender, with or without having cheese-type options, strikes me as security theater. It's a hoop to jump to, and it gives a superficial feel-secure feeling, but it doesn't really do anything to keep people from misrepresenting themselves. Unless the mods plan to do a background check to verify the declared gender of each member - which would be an excessive amount of mod-work that could be applied to greater good elsewhere, and probably quite an invasion of privacy.

(It may be a useful thing for other purposes - although I find the gender ambiguity, and the default-to-female mindset, to be beneficial - but it isn't useful for security.)

Dianyla
August 13th, 2008, 06:30 PM
The whole point of this field is to allow users the opportunity to share something about themselves. Multiple options have been provided so that people can describe themselves as accurately as they wish to. Making the field mandatory is no different from making the Biography field mandatory. :shrug:

The Other option exists for people who feel that the existing list of genders does not fully describe theirs.

The Cheese option exists for people who do not wish to share their gender information. It equates to the "N/A" type of option.

This field will never be displayed in a visible "next to each post" location, for the exact reasons already discussed - people making automatic gender-based conclusions. If someone wants to know my gender, they may as well also click into my Profile and read my Bio and learn a little bit about me while they're at it. This will let them form a more complete and hopefully objective opinion of me as a person. :flower:

Although, if it is going to be "transgendered MTF" and "transgendered FTM" shouldn't it be "cisgendered M" and "cisgendered F" for consistency, rather than "male" and "female"?
You are correct, those terms would create the most consistent parallel structure, and I did consider filling the fields out that way. However, most cisgendered (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender) people are unfamiliar with the term and I felt that it would promote unnecessary confusion. It is a word that the minority uses to describe the majority, and the majority is generally not aware of. I think it's slightly out of scope for a humble profile field to be the vehicle to reeducate everyone on majority privilege. :p

Ohio Sky
August 14th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I don't care one way or another about the gender options, but I wanted to say thanks for that link, Dianyla. I think I learned something new today... or started to question my identity, not sure which... :ponder: :lol:

Ursula
August 21st, 2008, 11:28 AM
You are correct, those terms would create the most consistent parallel structure, and I did consider filling the fields out that way. However, most cisgendered (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender) people are unfamiliar with the term and I felt that it would promote unnecessary confusion. It is a word that the minority uses to describe the majority, and the majority is generally not aware of. I think it's slightly out of scope for a humble profile field to be the vehicle to reeducate everyone on majority privilege. :p

I figured that was your reasoning. I was just picking on you a bit because I know that at least part of you wanted to say "cisgendered." :p

sky
August 25th, 2008, 12:12 PM
:shrug:No, you are not just dense......I see no need for this either.

I understand that the system will begin bugging me as soon as i want to change my profile, is that correct?

That's a shame, because right now I'm "grandfathered" and have no gender proclaimed, but I would like to be able to update my hair length.

But I won't go there and be nagged about what gender I am....or might be.....or wish I were. lol

Sorry.....my signature no longer works and I cannot change that option w/o getting into this entire gender thing, so please excuse the user-unfriendly URLs instead of my pretty signatures.

Wind Dragon
August 25th, 2008, 01:06 PM
That's a shame, because right now I'm "grandfathered" and have no gender proclaimed, but I would like to be able to update my hair length.

But I won't go there and be nagged about what gender I am....or might be.....or wish I were. lol

You know, I don't know if it will nag you about it if you go in to change something else or not. Anyone with an old "N/A" status in there willing to risk losing that tag to check it out? :p

ETA: Duh. Miz Dianyla said it will, right in the first post of this thread.
Carry on. :oops:

kunibob
September 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I just wanted to pipe in that as a new member and a LGBT supporter, the hair on the back of my neck rose when I saw that the "gender" field was mandatory. I clicked on it, all ready to get angry and stomp off in a huff...and then I noticed all the gender options available! Wow! This blew my mind. I knew right then that this community was going to be inclusive and considerate. Makes me proud to be a newbie here! :)

Dianyla
September 4th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I just wanted to pipe in that as a new member and a LGBT supporter, the hair on the back of my neck rose when I saw that the "gender" field was mandatory. I clicked on it, all ready to get angry and stomp off in a huff...and then I noticed all the gender options available! Wow! This blew my mind. I knew right then that this community was going to be inclusive and considerate. Makes me proud to be a newbie here! :)
Aww! This post makes me warm and fuzzy all over! :cloud9:

justgreen
September 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Aww! This post makes me warm and fuzzy all over! :cloud9:

You been rollin' in the fresh peaches again? :eyebrows:

Dianyla
September 4th, 2008, 09:48 PM
You been rollin' in the fresh peaches again? :eyebrows:

I don't even know how to begin to answer this question non-lewdly. :lipssealed:

CountessDeJager
September 4th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Sounds like a "yes" to me! :D

justgreen
September 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM

I don't even know how to begin to answer this question non-lewdly. :lipssealed:

quasi-lewdly?:bigeyes:

Dianyla
September 4th, 2008, 11:04 PM
quasi-lewdly?:bigeyes:
Fresh? Check!
Juicy? Check!
Fuzzy? Check!

:gabigrin:

trolleypup
September 4th, 2008, 11:06 PM
*messy*

*puppy licks up juices from squished peaches*

snowbear
September 4th, 2008, 11:24 PM
*puppy licks up juices from squished peaches*
Oh god, the visuals! :scared:

Dianyla
September 4th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Justy started it! :bigtongue:

CountessDeJager
September 5th, 2008, 01:32 AM

Well if he licked them off a plate that isn't bad but maybe it was the pavement like real pups do and then yuck because Dianyla's kissed a guy that licked the street!

I think my visuals are handicapped by the knowledge that Bill ate gum off the street once as a kid and also just because I'm an innocent. :wannabe:

Miss Murphy
September 5th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Only in this forum can a thread about a required profile field end with me having visuals about juices of various origin being licked off various surfaces! :silly:

This is just why I love LHC so much :inlove:

trolleypup
September 5th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Now think about a beautiful perfectly ripe peach, round and fuzzy and still warm from the sun.

Now imagine biting into it!

Miss Murphy
September 5th, 2008, 03:31 AM
...aaaaand now I'm hungry! :rant:

PseudoScot
September 7th, 2008, 10:30 AM
And I'm grossed out :rolleyes:

Qamar
September 11th, 2008, 08:14 AM
What is the story behind cheese? I came far after the origins of cheese and am feeling strangely bereft. :cheese:

Ohio Sky
September 18th, 2008, 01:18 PM
What is the story behind cheese? I came far after the origins of cheese and am feeling strangely bereft. :cheese:

I didn't need a backstory to enjoy the cheeze. Cheeze just = good. :shrug:

Xanthippe
September 18th, 2008, 05:27 PM

Here you go! http://www.archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=36249 :cheese:

sky
September 27th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Okay, at the risk of just totally highjacking this thread back to what it's about, I just looked at my profile and see that I have chosen nothing as gender.

And I looked at the data displayed to the left of each post, and didn't actually see any gender shown there.

So, my question is, if I try to change the length of my hair, will I be forced to choose something from the "Gender" drop list in order to save the new length?

I ask because I don't want to tempt the Forum Fates and get stuck having to give up my blank Gender, even if I decide to not Save after I enter the new length.

I'm thinking perhaps this new profile item may have changed since this thread began?

Thanks in advance.......

wintersun99
September 27th, 2008, 08:59 PM
So, my question is, if I try to change the length of my hair, will I be forced to choose something from the "Gender" drop list in order to save the new length?

Thanks in advance.......

Yes you will. At least, that's what just happened to me (alas, I am no longer N/A) :cool:

sky
September 29th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I have updated this setting as follows:

1. There are now more choices of gender available. Please PM me if you would like to request additional choices added to the selection list.
2. You can now edit this field at any time. Previously this could only be filled in once upon registration.
3. This field will now display on your Profile, under the About Me tab. Previously, it would show up on the Member List but nowhere else.
4. If this field was not previously filled out in your profile, you will be prompted to do so the next time you edit your profile information.

If I Cancel out of the profile update, what will happen?

Will I get stuck in the demand to fill out that field?

trolleypup
September 29th, 2008, 10:02 PM
If I Cancel out of the profile update, what will happen?

Will I get stuck in the demand to fill out that field?
You can cancel out of the update with no ill effects.

FrannyG
September 30th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Okay, at the risk of just totally highjacking this thread back to what it's about, I just looked at my profile and see that I have chosen nothing as gender.

And I looked at the data displayed to the left of each post, and didn't actually see any gender shown there.

I ask because I don't want to tempt the Forum Fates and get stuck having to give up my blank Gender, even if I decide to not Save after I enter the new length.

I'm thinking perhaps this new profile item may have changed since this thread began?

Thanks in advance.......

What, may I ask is wrong with the Cheese option? :gobblecheese:

CountessDeJager
September 30th, 2008, 09:48 AM
The problem with cheese? There is more than one kind of cheese, of course!

FrannyG
September 30th, 2008, 09:59 AM
The problem with cheese? There is more than one kind of cheese, of course!

Well, thank you Countess. :flower: Finally a sensible reply. :ponder: What type of cheese is Bill D, perchance?

CountessDeJager
September 30th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Um, moldy? :p

FrannyG
September 30th, 2008, 10:03 AM

Ah, perfectly delightful. :)

CountessDeJager
September 30th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Exactly! Not for everyone but just right for me. :cloud9: (And I do love blue cheese too!)

FrannyG
September 30th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Exactly! Not for everyone but just right for me. :cloud9: (And I do love blue cheese too!)

That's the thing about cheese; there's one for every taste. I'm delighted that your fine Roquefort makes you so blissfully happy. :inlove:

Bill D.
September 30th, 2008, 10:36 PM

Only after the bears chewed on it. ;)

sky
October 1st, 2008, 12:33 AM
Thank you for clarifying that..... :-)

sky

LovelyGoddess
October 18th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I'm glad to see that the gender section has been expanded. Not many forums do that, and they should.
In so far as cheese, I'm not sure which I am. Perhaps colby jack? It's spotted and I have freckles. ;)

LisaJaney
June 13th, 2010, 05:20 PM
:cheese: :inlove:

And, since we have to translate everything we say into English for this board, that translates to "I love Colby-Jack" :)

Aurantia
June 23rd, 2010, 02:01 PM
I'm glad to see that the gender section has been expanded. Not many forums do that, and they should.

Amen! I generally select via letter key on drop down menus, so I didn't see all the other choices for gender until this thread. It makes me really, really happy that LHC has this.

In so far as cheese, I'm not sure which I am. Perhaps colby jack? It's spotted and I have freckles. ;)

*chuckle* Very cute, LovelyGoddess.

LadieRyrie
May 12th, 2011, 01:43 PM
When I was registering for LHC, I scanned down the list of genders, mumbling "Male, Female, Transgen. . . CHEESE!"

I took it without a second thought. I'm not sure what the inside joke is, with my being a new member, but I really appreciate the gender choices. No one recognizes us Cheeses on most sites. So, thank you. XP