PDA

View Full Version : Whole Foods 365 Grapefruit & Lavender Conditioners, anyone?

DragonFlyPie
April 7th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Tried to do a search for this, but the threads I found were so long (dozens of pages), I think it would be impossible to sift through them all to try & find any mention of these.

At Whole Foods yesterday I picked up a bottle of the 365 Grapefruit conditioner & a 365 Lavender blend conditioner.

I cannot find them on their website, but the ingredients are similar to this other one:
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/products/item.php?RID=526

I got them to use with CO washing. I really loved the scents. Grapefruit is one of my all time favorite scents. And Lavender is a close second ;)

Anyone else have any experience with them?? I will use one tonight when I wash my hair.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide ;)

(Currently I just use VO5, Suave & White Rain cheap conditioners & like them.)

jaine
April 7th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I have the grapefruit conditioner. I don't like it. If I use it for co-washing then my hair becomes very dull and coated after a few washes. I don't like the scent - to me it smells very "plasticky." There's a tiny hint of grapefruit smell smothered in an overwhelming wave of plastic smell.

I am still using it though, and I'll probably buy it again - I like to coat my hair with conditioner before I shampoo it and this is a really cheap option that I can use in large amounts but it doesn't irritate my skin. As a "final" conditioner I really don't like it.

chenille
April 7th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I have the grapefruit conditioner and use it for CO-washing sometimes. I dilute it quite a bit with water - not sure how much, I have a small squeeze bottle and I put in a squirt or so of conditioner, then fill up about halfway with water, and shake. I did experience the "coated" feeling a few times but it helps if I rinse for a long time, more than I would with shampoo.

chloeishere
April 7th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I tried the 365 shampoo (sulfate free) and it built up terribly. I ended up using it as body wash because it made my hair feel so bad-- after that experience, I've been afraid to try the conditioner. Let me know how you like it!

cheetahfast
April 7th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I used the unscented and I also got a coated feeling. It wasn't good for cowashing in the end.

The unscented also wreaks, which is probably why janie smelled a bit of a plastic smell.

DragonFlyPie
April 8th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I CO-washed with the Lavender conditioner last night before work. I liked the consistency. It was pretty thick & rich with lots of slip. It had a very strong herbal scent (i love it) & left my scalp very tingly. My hair felt very clean (was squeaky in fact, something i normally don't notice.) My hair did feel more rough than usual, but I attribute that to the fact that I frequently use cones, so i am a lot happier when i have slippery hair. I usually rotate my conditioners every week, and for this first wash, i cannot tell much of a difference between using the 365 conditioner & a non-cone VO5 conditioner (those leave my hair rough, too.) There is not much difference in the appearance of my hair - still wavy & shiny.

I am wondering what type of build-up you ladies are experiencing?
Do you think it's the conditioner itself? And what ingredients would be doing that?
Or do you feel that it isn't cleaning your scalp well enough? Just curious, since I don't know much about the build-up issues.
I know if I use too many cones & don't shampoo them out after a while my hair definitely gets kind of dull & limp. But I'm wondering what would be contributing to the build-up with these 2 conditioners? (again, I ask out of pure ignorance LOL)

I will use these several more times & see how the condition of my hair changes. If it feels too rough next wash, I may just use my coney conditioner on the following wash & rotate them.

I am posting pics of the ingredient list for each bottle.

This is the Citrus Grapefruit:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=10129&pictureid=130371

This is the Lavender Blend:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=10129&pictureid=130370

DragonFlyPie
April 9th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I used the Grapefruit conditioner today. The scent is so different in the shower, than sniffing the bottle. All i could smell was a strong lime scent, no grapefruit whatsoever, and lime is the last ingredient on the bottle! LOL

My hair is feeling lovely today. Much better than after the first use of the Lavender conditioner. Hair feels very smooth & silky. I am thinking I will try using these regularly until I see the build-up that's been mentioned, or unless my hair gets more tangly/rough. Like I've mentioned, I use cones often, so I'm used to the shiny, slinky, slipperiness I get with them.

But so far, these are not too bad. I've definitely used much worse.

I have had my hair (damp initially) in a bun for many hours, and I know that always makes my hair a lot more smooth & silky, than if I just leave it down to completely dry.