PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Long Haired, Beatiful Singers!

Springgrl
April 6th, 2012, 09:23 PM
I know this is silly, but there is a website of a singing group I would love to share with all of you. The women's hair is amazing! How am I supposed to refer you to the site and follow LHC's rules? Can I just post a picture of them?

I just don't want to get in trouble... but I really want to share! It is their official website.

DreadfulWoman
April 6th, 2012, 10:11 PM
I think it would be ok to post a link but not a picture. HTH

tokitoki
April 6th, 2012, 10:17 PM
I don't know anything about the rules but I am SUPER curious! Can you at least tell us the group's name so I can google them?

Springgrl
April 6th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Ok! Well here it is... I hope I don't get in trouble. They are truly amazing!

http://www.parousiaband.com/fr_home.cfm

battles
April 6th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Oh wow. They all have such pretty hair!

Clem_Dela
April 6th, 2012, 11:11 PM
oh so beautiful..... long, thick, so curly, and with the white gowns... ah!

Emy Sue
April 6th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Wow. True inspiration. And their music is not bad, either. Thank you for sharing. I really hope you don't get in trouble over this.

Clem_Dela
April 6th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Eeek, what do you guys think of what's written under the link "Long Hair" on their page?

jackie75
April 7th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Very cool! I loved their explanation of "why" they have long hair. Very inspirational. Even if one doesn't have those beliefs, I think it is neat they are sharing why they do it! :)

Kyla
April 7th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Eeek, what do you guys think of what's written under the link "Long Hair" on their page?

I think it doesn't matter, people often grow their hair for very personal reasons such as that. :shrug: It doesn't change the beauty of their hair. Personally, I'm not religious in the least, but I found both their appearance and their music lovely.

Or are you talking about their description of their hair care? Because it sounded pretty cool to me, simple products and all that. :)

caadam
April 7th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Well, as they said, they don't judge a woman for not growing her hair out, so I don't see why their page on why they have long hair is a problem. :) They have a right to their beliefs just like anyone else—who are we to judge them for that if they choose not to judge others? I think it's great!

Anyway, I like their style. I don't listen to it often (kind of folk, right?), but when I hear it, I'm reminded of how pleasant it is.

Debra83
April 7th, 2012, 12:44 AM
What a Blessing! Thanks for sharing.

AnqeIicDemise
April 7th, 2012, 02:01 AM
They have gorgeous, fairy tale hair. I want to just cuddle up to it and pet it and call it Fluffy. LOL

Lucky_Lucy
April 7th, 2012, 03:56 AM
WOW they have such lovely hair! Thanks for sharing! Their music sounds good too :D

auburntressed
April 7th, 2012, 04:39 AM
I think what is so remarkable about their hair is how curly it is! Long-haired curlies are even rarer than long haired ladies in general. And seeing four heads of long haired curlies all together like that is quite unique.

Zalisonia
April 7th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Their hair is so beautiful, and the song on their website too :)

MinderMutsig
April 7th, 2012, 06:46 AM
I found it... disturbing, for lack of a better word that I could use within the forum guidelines.

Still, those heads of curls are amazing. I wonder if all of them are at terminal?

Springgrl
April 7th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I think it doesn't matter, people often grow their hair for very personal reasons such as that. :shrug: It doesn't change the beauty of their hair. Personally, I'm not religious in the least, but I found both their appearance and their music lovely.

Or are you talking about their description of their hair care? Because it sounded pretty cool to me, simple products and all that. :)

Yes this is what I think. I am not a religious person, but I loved reading about them. Instead of finding beliefs that differ from my own 'disturbing', I find them fascinating. Why they decided to grow their hair is really none of anyone's business, so I am glad they decided to share their wonderful story!

krisbb
April 7th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I think what is so remarkable about their hair is how curly it is! Long-haired curlies are even rarer than long haired ladies in general. And seeing four heads of long haired curlies all together like that is quite unique.
looks like there's actually five! near the bottom on the right is a pic with five girls playing instruments :)

MinderMutsig
April 7th, 2012, 07:18 AM
I know they said they use as little product as possible but I wonder if they mind natural products like homemade flaxseed gel. Their curls already look amazing but I wonder what they would look like with a little more definition.

rock007junkie
April 7th, 2012, 08:15 AM
That's truly beautiful. Their music was really pretty too

Clem_Dela
April 7th, 2012, 10:56 AM

I guess it just bothers me that they're going on like they think God requires them to have lots of hair. It feels kind of...condescending to those who can't have long hair but serve God every day of their lives... My youth pastor's wife has alopaecia and I can't think of a more hardworking woman and mother of 2.

God looks into our hearts, not onto our appearances, when He is judging us. It irks me that these women are thinking it is His demand, then, that they have long and abundant hair. As for anointing the feet of Christ with their hair, well... in the second life, according to the Bible, we are given new bodies... so it is not pertinent to our faith how we maintain ourselves now.

Maybe everyone will have Classic length hair in heaven... what a beautiful thought!! :)

barely.there
April 7th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I guess it just bothers me that they're going on like they think God requires them to have lots of hair. It feels kind of...condescending to those who can't have long hair but serve God every day of their lives... My youth pastor's wife has alopaecia and I can't think of a more hardworking woman and mother of 2.

God looks into our hearts, not onto our appearances, when He is judging us. It irks me that these women are thinking it is His demand, then, that they have long and abundant hair. As for anointing the feet of Christ with their hair, well... in the second life, according to the Bible, we are given new bodies... so it is not pertinent to our faith how we maintain ourselves now.

Maybe everyone will have Classic length hair in heaven... what a beautiful thought!! :)

I agree with you. I am a Christian, but that particular scripture (1Cor. 11:15 ) is rather controversial, especially with women who are sick or simply have genes that will not let them grow their hair out long. Even if it is long, it may not look healthy or beautiful. My mom's hair is very short, but she's a very strong woman.

"But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. "

It says IF a woman has long hair. If a woman doesn't have long hair, she can always wear a prayer veil/head covering if she so desires. Those have been around forever. I don't wear one, but I do find them extremely feminine. They are not popular these days, so it takes a lot of courage just to wear one. I can see how they would be beneficial to wear in church, because even prayer time in church has its distractions :P

longcurlygirl<3
April 7th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Wow, now I want my hair that long :D and since they are christian as well it's amazing that they also are growing their hair for God. I have that belief as well. I found them and their music lovely!

Maybe you should also post this in the christian thread?

longcurlygirl<3
April 7th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I agree with you. I am a Christian, but that particular scripture (1Cor. 11:15 ) is rather controversial, especially with women who are sick or simply have genes that will not let them grow their hair out long. Even if it is long, it may not look healthy or beautiful. My mom's hair is very short, but she's a very strong woman.

"But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. "

It says IF a woman has long hair. If a woman doesn't have long hair, she can always wear a prayer veil/head covering if she so desires. Those have been around forever. I don't wear one, but I do find them extremely feminine. They are not popular these days, so it takes a lot of courage just to wear one. I can see how they would be beneficial to wear in church, because even prayer time in church has its distractions :P

I mean God understands if you cannot grow your hair, but that you haven't cut it either.

Alot of women (especially hispanic apostolics) wear the white viels as their covering since some do not wish to grow their hair. In my church we believe a women should grow their hair long because of the verse in 1Cor 11:15. It is a beauiful faith they have as do I, but not everyone agrees :) at least we are all allowed to have our own beliefs

my2cats1
April 7th, 2012, 04:03 PM
"But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.'' (1Cor. 11:15 )

What does this verse mean to you? Is it about modesty, or hair as a symbolic way of being closer to Him? Does is not apply to men? Nuns cut their hair short and cover it (I'm guessing to limit vanity, distractions from prayer, and to not entice admiring looks from men) so I admit this passage has always confused me.

Just curious how everyone interprets the passage in how it relates to hair.

Amber_Maiden
April 7th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Very cool!

It's fine. Everyone has their own reasons for growing their hair long. Everyone has different beliefs. :)

truepeacenik
April 7th, 2012, 04:32 PM
if there is a world to come, and we have physical bodies, i will be rather miffed if I have to go back to classic for eternity.

BrightEyes
April 7th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Wow, beautiful hair!! Thanks for sharing.

MinderMutsig
April 7th, 2012, 07:47 PM
"But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.'' (1Cor. 11:15 )

What does this verse mean to you? Is it about modesty, or hair as a symbolic way of being closer to Him? Does is not apply to men? Nuns cut their hair short and cover it (I'm guessing to limit vanity, distractions from prayer, and to not entice admiring looks from men) so I admit this passage has always confused me.

Just curious how everyone interprets the passage in how it relates to hair.No it does not apply to men. According to that particular part of the bible long hair on men is a disgrace (1 Cor 11:14). Very KNIT. I guess the men on here can put that one in their pipe and smoke it.

littleizz
April 7th, 2012, 08:03 PM
No it does not apply to men. According to that particular part of the bible long hair on men is a disgrace (1 Cor 11:14). Very KNIT. I guess the men on here can put that one in their pipe and smoke it.Speaking of KNIT...

Their hair and music is fantastic, I love it :)

MandyBeth
April 7th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Pretty hair, but not my taste in the least for music and I am a Christian. Oddly, M, who loves any music heard this when I did, he didn't see my reaction at all and blurted out "Eww Mom, they aren't as nice as what was on. Turn back PLEASE!"

But I saved the picture for J since she likes seeing pretty curls like hers.

drquartz1970
April 8th, 2012, 07:08 AM
thanks for showing me the link. i have naturally curly hair that looks similar to these ladies in curl type. very rare to see super long curly hair. and their music is good to listen too as well.

Stagecoach
April 8th, 2012, 07:26 AM
They have amazing hair. I think the pictures are also an interesting tale of how curly hair can disguise itself as frizzy straight hair under certain conditions.

Ashenputtel
April 8th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Their hair is amazing and the violonist is really stunning. But I strongly desagree on their views of long hair, especially the part where they say that if you pray for long hair god will answer... Come on!

kitcatsmeow
April 8th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Thank you for sharing that!

Vasilissa
April 8th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Their hair is amazing and the violinist is really stunning.

I absolutely agree with you on this!

As for the reasons for growing their hair long - well it's not a bad motivation. In fact, it is quite positive one. I have never thought that one can grow long hair for the resons like this.

In my opinion, it's good when a person believes in God, no matter what religion. But it is important not to cross the line from spiritual growth to blind fanatical self-dedication... So many talks about God and quotes from Bible per page seems to be a bit too much for me. I have enjoyed their amazing pictures and music, but this excessive religiousness puts me off a bit. :(

Anyway, I am grateful that Springgrl have shared their site with us - four heads with such long curly hair truly is a delight for the eyes! :blossom:

Bunnysaur
April 8th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I agree with the idea that the way they talk about how their hair glorifies God is a little condescending.
Also, it might just be due to their curl patterns, but if they haven't even trimmed in 13 years, to me it seems like they would be a little past that length. Call me a n00b, but to me 13 years x avg. rate of 6 inches per year = 78 inches of hair. Could it be that they just have a fairly short terminal length?

On a separate note, I was looking through the pictures in their gallery, and they just don't seem happy. Sure they're smiling in some of the pictures, but I think it just looks... fake.

ETA: I don't mean that I think the band/music is fake, just their happiness in some of the pictures, which I think is weird, because they seem to get so much out of glorifying god.

Phalaenopsis
April 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Very cool! I loved their explanation of "why" they have long hair. Very inspirational. Even if one doesn't have those beliefs, I think it is neat they are sharing why they do it! :)
I liked it too :) I don't find it condescending at all.

lacefrost
April 8th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I love their hair and why they decided to grow it, although I'm not a Christian. Also, I think their beliefs are very inclusive. They say, "Seek Him for your answers and dedicate your life. He will show you how to separate yourself from the world and live in the Light of His Truth and Love. Also, we would always like to encourage people to look into these things for themselves so that God can reveal it to your own heart." Growing long hair is their way but they're not suggesting it's the only way. Moreover they suggest others find their own way. And I think that's very nice.

Kyla
April 8th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I agree with the idea that the way they talk about how their hair glorifies God is a little condescending.
Also, it might just be due to their curl patterns, but if they haven't even trimmed in 13 years, to me it seems like they would be a little past that length. Call me a n00b, but to me 13 years x avg. rate of 6 inches per year = 78 inches of hair. Could it be that they just have a fairly short terminal length?

On a separate note, I was looking through the pictures in their gallery, and they just don't seem happy. Sure they're smiling in some of the pictures, but I think it just looks... fake.

ETA: I don't mean that I think the band/music is fake, just their happiness in some of the pictures, which I think is weird, because they seem to get so much out of glorifying god.

Addressing the bolded...I don't know, I think that is a very hard thing to judge, especially through random pictures. Considering people are generally asked to smile for posed pictures, I think it's understandable if the smiles don't look completely genuine.

I thought their hair length was a little odd too, but it's probably a lot longer stretched out and they may have hit terminal, or have been forced to cut for some reason (although I can't think of any :p )

Shepherdess
April 8th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Oh, wow they have beautiful hair, especially the one with ankle length (I think that's how long it looks).

Their hair almost looks like my type, although theirs is a little darker. It's an inspiration just to see hair like that.

Being a Messianic/Christian, I don't quite agree with their interpretation of those scriptures, but it's what they believe, so that is okay to me :)

Stagecoach
April 9th, 2012, 05:42 AM
It looks like they wear their hair down a lot, so I suspect that the amount of length they have is effected by wear and tear a lot. Most of us here on LHC going for super long lengths wear our hair up 90&#37; of the time to protect it from damage.

Braidmaid
April 9th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I’ve seen their website before. I agree that they have awesome hair. I think they are Pentecostal, which has a doctrine of uncut hair. That means they don’t even trim their hair. Length is not the issue; being uncut is.
I have a lot of respect for their reasons for their long hair. My reasons are similar. My church doesn’t require long hair; I’m just choosing to grow it long.
These ladies present a very sweet, and gentle spirit, which inspires me.
As to whether they always wear their hair down, if you just go by their pictures, you also could ask if they ever wear shoes! I’m sure they wear their hair up a lot. How could you function otherwise! I couldn’t imagine mowing the lawn, or playing sports with it down!
I think these ladies rock! I’m so glad God has such a variety in His garden!

MsBubbles
April 9th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Oh how cool! A family of musical sisters, who also happen to have very fortunate hair genes! Good job they didn't get mine & my sisters' hair genes - they wouldn't look nearly as spectacular. Thanks for the link. I know they have their reasons for keeping their hair long, but what a great incidental gimmick for them to stand out from the rest.

Interesting how the one sister's hair is almost ankle-length. Proof perhaps that so much of it is down to individual genetics.

truepeacenik
April 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM
It looks like they wear their hair down a lot, so I suspect that the amount of length they have is effected by wear and tear a lot. Most of us here on LHC going for super long lengths wear our hair up 90% of the time to protect it from damage.

I'd be willing to bet they keep it contained, if not up, off stage.

Most long haired folkies of any gender do.

MissHair
April 19th, 2012, 03:09 PM
WOW they look like angels!!!!