PDA

View Full Version : Buildup Question

carolinaberry
April 6th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Hi, guys. I am still new here and this is the first time I've ever intentionally tried to grow my hair out. I've been reading through a lot of threads on here to get an idea of how to go about growing my hair long and I have a question:

How do I know if I have buildup? Maybe this sounds silly to y'all, but I don't generally worry too much about ingredients...if a product makes my hair look/feel good...I use it. However, everything I've read on here suggests that using products w/ cones will cause buildup, so what are the signs of this? If anyone has time, pictures would be awesome.

Teazel
April 6th, 2012, 01:05 AM
This article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=224) will probably answer your questions. Welcome to LHC! :)

carolinaberry
April 6th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Thank you! Man, your hair is gorgeous! So, if my hair feels light/silky and looks shiny does that mean I have no build-up? Could this be b/c I have to use anti-dandruff shampoo, so it is harsher than some other shampoos? I find the whole science of this very interesting.

Teazel
April 6th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Thank you! Man, your hair is gorgeous! So, if my hair feels light/silky and looks shiny does that mean I have no build-up? Could this be b/c I have to use anti-dandruff shampoo, so it is harsher than some other shampoos? I find the whole science of this very interesting.

Anti-dandruff shampoo does tend to be pretty harsh, so you could be right! :) In any case, if your hair looks and feels healthy you probably don't need to be concerned that you have a build-up problem.

Thank you so much for the compliment. :flowers: